In June 2009WhatsApp 2.0 was released with a
• messaging component with an experience of 20
An invention by ‘two guys and the active users
suddenly swelled toAmerican Brian Acton &
years at Yahoo! Inc.’, 250,000.
2011, WhatsApp was perthe top 20website in in
Ukrainian Jan Koum as in the official of all apps
the U.S. App Store
Feb. 2013, Whatsapp user base had swelled to
• about 200 millionof talkingusers and sitting
A dream come true active to a friend its staff to
50 oceans apart through radio-waves.
Cross-platform mobile messaging app
Available for iPhone,BlackBerry,Windows,Android,Nokia
No Hidden Cost
Group Chat in Feb’2011
No International Charges
Say no to PINs and Usernames
No need to Login/LogOut
• Hits 400 million active users-& lashes out viciously at
• 430 million monthly active users, over 35 million in
• Achieved a new record of 27 billion messages in a
• Obliterates its own record, processes 54 billion
messages on New Year’s Eve.
•Market share leadership
•No need to log
•Allow send videos, pictures,
•No need to add friends
•No need PIN or user number
•Available for all platforms
•Only works with a data plan
or wi - fi
•Increased demand for
•New products & services
•Similar applications and
• Messaging used to cost rs. 5 earlier.
• Then way2sms came in with free sms.
• And then whatsapp came up with innovation like:
No login or logout.
• All most free.
• Supports almost all platforms like windows,
andriod, black berry, apple.
• Large number of emoticons.
• Automatic connection through contacts.