• Galileo’s Life…
• His Love For Math.
• Galileo’s Inventions.
• “Awards” Received
• Galileo’s Book
• Galileo Galilei an Italian physicist,
mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher
who played a major role in the Scientific
Revolution. His achievements include
improvements to the telescope and consequent
• Galileo has been called the "father of modern
observational astronomy", the "father of modern
• the "father of science", and "the Father of
“Galileo, perhaps more than any other single person,
was responsible for the birth of modern science.”
Galileo Galilei was born in Pisa,
Italy on February 15, 1564
Oldest of seven children
-His father wanted his son to study
medicine because there was more
money in medicine.
-At age eleven, Galileo was sent off
to study in a Jesuit monastery.
born in Pisa, Italy
• later moved to Florence
father was a musician
• first born of six children
• had two daughters and a son with Marina Gamba
• both daughters became nuns, Sister Maria Celeste and
Maria Celeste, one
of Galileo’s nun
-After four years, Galileo told his father that he
wanted to be a monk.
-This was not exactly what father had in mind, so
Galileo withdrew from the monastery.
-In 1581, at the age of 17, he gave into his father’s
wishes entered the University of Pisa to study
medicine, as his father wished.
-By 1585 he gave up his courses in medicine and left
without completing a degree to become a mathematics
His Love For Math.
-Galileo began teaching math privately in Florence.
-Books and sharing his thoughts.
-invention mathematical compass.
-write some mathematical book.
• Got In Trouble With The Catholic Church For His Belief Of The Copernican
System (Theory That Sun Was Center Of Solar System)
• Threats From Pope Urban VIII For Writing About Copernican System
• After Writing Dialogue Concerning The Two Chief World Systems, Was Found
Guilty Of Heresy
• Under House Arrest For The Rest Of His Life
Galileo's diagram of the
Copernican system also showing
also his own discovery, the four
satellites of Jupiter.
-Galileo Invented A Telescope That Had 3x The
Magnification Then Hans Lippersney Invented In
-With This Telescope He Could See Magnified,
Upright Images Of Earth.
-First To Report Lunar Mountains And Craters,
Made The Conclusion That The Moon Is Rough
And Uneven Just Like Earth.
-Also Observed Venus, Milky Way, And Saturn.