2. Inculcate and propagate in the mind of the students the value of team work and
cooperation in development endeavors affecting the lives, properties, and
economic opportunities of the citizenry.
3. Make students vigilantly aware of their professional responsibility as planners and
the need to actively play their unique role as synthesizers in the various planning
and development interfaces among stakeholders, policy makers and decisionmakers.
Master in Business Administration
1. Provide specialized knowledge and skills designed for corporate leaders to
manage a rapidly changing environment, for the socio-techno-economic
transformation of the nation.
2. Prepare outstanding candidates for academic careers in higher education and
research in industry and government.
3. Design executive programs of the professional development of practicing
managers, entrepreneurs, management academic and other professionals in
the business and public management area.
4. Collaborate with the industry in the delivery of academic programs relevant to
the demands of the society.
5. Provide a learning environment that constantly exposes the candidate to
moral and ethical issues facing management, workers, owners and the
society as a whole.
Master in Social Work Program
1. Offer curriculum that equips social workers in critical thinking skills in order to
communicate effectively and sensitively with clients and professionals.
2. Provide a learning environment that promotes the ability of the social worker
to function efficiently in a board variety of professional situations.
3. Provide students with knowledge and skills to engage in competent researchbased interaction for a meaningful social work practice and
4. Develop and nurture partnership with community stakeholders through
provision of training education and research opportunities for students, faculty
and the community.
Master in Engineering Program
1. Offer graduate programs that meet the changing needs of engineering fields
at the local, national and international level;
2. Produce competent engineers who will assume leadership and productive
roles in the country’s technological advancement;
3. Transform engineering graduates and licensed engineers into adept and
ethical professionals who reinforce the human resources of the country;
4. Provide optimum learning experience through adequate state-of-the-art
facilities and active industry involvement;
5. Conduct researches that offer solutions to industry problems that contribute to
the improvement of the quality of life for all;
6. Engage in outreach and enabling activities that promote the efficient utilization
of engineering facilities, products and systems among marginalized
7. Preserve and promote the cultural heritage of Mindanao and of country
among generic engineers and professionals in the region.
1. Provide graduate students with theories, principles and skills that would able
them to contribute to the advancement of the field of Criminology;
2. Enhance the creative thinking of students in coming up with outputs that
would solve criminalities and social deviation phenomena;
3. Develop among students expertise in doing research and come up with new
theories from the researches they made;
4. Sustain in the students critical and analytical insights on ethics and criminal
Master of Arts in Education
1. Offer graduate programs that meet the national and international standards.
2. Produce competent and productive graduates through collaborative
relationships with local and international institutions for enhancement of
educational theory and practices;
3. Provide continuous support for personal of faculty necessary for the ethical
practice for their profession;
4. Provide technical support and laboratory resource and facilities that will
promote effective teaching and learning;
5. Engage in research collaborations and activities that add existing knowledge
in the teaching profession and advocate social uplift of the people;
6. Provide programs and activities that will develop social awareness and
concern among the students, faculty and deprived community;
7. Integrate in learning teaching processes cultural activities that lead in the
preservation and promotion of Mindanao and Philippine culture.
Policies and Standards for UM Graduate Programs
The students must be eligible for enrollment to the Graduate
School if the following criteria are met:
1.1 Must submit the following required documents:
1.1.1 Authenticated Transcript of Records;
1.1.2 Special Order (School File) or Certificate of
1.1.3 Honorable Dismissal from the last school attended;
1.1.4 Authenticated Birth Certificate from NSO;
1.1.5 Marriage Certificate, if applicable.
1.2 Must have the registrar’s approval of enrollment based on
1.3 Must pass the Psychological Test (SATA) administered by the
Guidance Testing Center.
1.3.1 Master’s Program/Doctoral Program
Psychological Test (Scholastic Aptitude Test for Adults)
administered by the Guidance and Testing Center
1.4 Must pass the interview with the Dean and/or Program
Coordinator or designated Person-in-charge.
1.4 The program to be enrolled must be vertically aligned with the
enrollee’s baccalaureate or master’s degree.
For the admission into a Doctor of Education program, only those
students who graduated in a Masters of Arts in Education (with
thesis) program considered shall be eligible.
For the admission into a Doctor in Business Administration
program, the applicant must be holder of Master in Business
Administration (MBA) / Master in Management (MM).
For the admission into a Doctor in Public Administration program,
the applicant must be holder of Master in Public Administration or
any related course.
For the admission into a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice Education
program, the applicant must be a graduate of Master of Science
For the admission into a Ph.D. in Management program, the
applicant must be a holder of Master in Business Administration
(MBA) / Master in Management (MM).
For the admission into a Master in Business Administration, only
those graduates of any business course shall be considered
eligible. However, a graduate of non-business course may be
admitted provided he/she can present a certificate of his/her
employer that he/she has been occupying a supervisory position
for a period of five(5) years or take twelve(12) units of
For the admission into a Master of Arts in Education program,
only those graduates of any education degree shall be
considered qualified. However, a non-education graduate shall
be considered qualified if they have earned at least eighteen (18)
units in professional education subjects and twelve (12) units in
the professional subjects in the area of concentration.
Admission into Master in Public Administration and Master in
Environmental Planning programs shall be granted to the
graduates of any baccalaureate degree program or its equivalent.
Admission into Master in Library and Information Science shall
be granted to the graduate of Bachelor of Science in Library
Admission into Master in Management program, the applicant
must be graduate of BS Management or any related course.