Introduction to ISO9001
Anuja raj (15070144107).
What are ISO 9001?
Requirements of ISO 9001.
Quality management principles.
Requirements of Auditors.
How will implementation of ISO
9001 standard help us?
What are the ISO 9001 ?
The ISO 9001 is an international standard
that many companies use to ensure that
their quality assurance system is in place and
ISO 9001 is a quality management system
(QMS) standard that requires an
organization to meet its own requirements
and those of its customers and regulators.
It is based on the plan-do-check-act
What are the ISO 9001 requirements for a
Quality Management System?
The organisation needs to demonstrate its ability
to consistently provide product that meets
customer and regulatory requirements .
• The organisation must aim to enhance customer
satisfaction through the effective application of the
quality management system.
• This includes processes for continual improvement
of the system.
What are the requirements of ISO 9001?
• A set of procedures that cover all key processes in a
business monitoring processes to ensure they are
• Keeping adequate records.
• Checking output for defects, with appropriate and
corrective action where necessary.
• Regularly reviewing individual processes and the
quality system itself for effectiveness.
• Focus on continual improvement.
What are the 8 Quality Management Principles?
Why is customer satisfaction included in ISO
• "Customer satisfaction" is one of the main driving criteria
for any organization.
• In order to evaluate if a product meets customer needs
• It is necessary to monitor and measure customer
• Improvements can be made by taking action to address
any identified issues and concerns.
• Your customers will gain confidence that your products
will meet their needs and increase their satisfaction.
What is the PDCA cycle?
PDCA stands for Plan-Do-Check-Act, and is a
cyclical method for continuous improvement of
1. Plan: Create a process improvement plan.
2. Do: Execute a process improvement plan.
3.Check: Inspect feedback.
4.Act: Adjust the plan accordingly.
What are the requirements for Auditors?
The standards require that auditors are able to understand the
organization's activities and processes and appropriately audit
against the requirements of the ISO 9001 in relation to the
Auditors should be able to demonstrate competency in:-
Quality Management Systems.
The requirements of the ISO 9001:2008.
A general understanding of ISO 9000:2005 and ISO 9004.
How will the implementation of the ISO9001
standard help us?
• Provides senior management with an efficient
• Sets out areas of responsibility across the
• Mandatory if you want to tender for some public
• Communicates a positive message to staff and
• Identifies and encourages more efficient and time
• Highlights deficiencies.
• Reduces your costs.
• Provides continuous assessment and improvement. 12
Some of the benefits to your customers:
• Improved quality and service.
• Delivery on time.
• Right first time attitude.
• Fewer returned products and complaints.
• Independent audit demonstrates commitment to