Now more than ever, your homepage must be enticing.
• Users spend <10 seconds on a webpage.
• What would a user see in 10 seconds on your homepage?
• Could they find something they wanted to click,
or would they leave?
• Be “digestible”
ALSO INCLUDE VIDEO
• Include video on your website, email and social media.
• Link to YouTube or embed the video right in your page.
• Video is the most popular content on the web
• Consider This: 100 MILLION videos are watched every week on
Videos are shared
than links/text posts
MAKE FOLLOWERS INSIDERS
• Train people that they are the first to know if:
• They follow you on Facebook & Twitter
• They are on your email list
• Also share more behind-the-scenes information (that you
think is boring).
POST VENDOR DEALS
• Ask your vendors to participate in a “2 for 1” or
other discount deal
• Post it to your website, social media, email and/or text it.
• Remember to include a photo if you’re sharing on
PARKING-GREAT FOR TEXTS
• If your event is notorious for bad parking/traffic, promote
your text list as an update mechanism.
• Easy to send out as your situation change
• Put a volunteer in charge.
• Might want to include a “Don’t Text & Drive!” every so often
for your civic duty.
Text Messages get
compared to 22% for emails
(Source: Venture Beat)
CREATE INTERACTIVE CONTESTS
• Use Facebook Likes and Comments as voting
• You still can’t make people tag themselves or share the
post as part of a contest.
ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT
• Please SHARE!
• Please RT!
• COMMENT with your vote!
• It stands for: IF THIS THEN THAT.
• You create “recipes” to make something automatically
happen within your social media.
• For Saffire: If we post to Instagram, automatically post
it on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
• Search IFTTT in your App store or go to www.ifttt.com.
NEW FACEBOOK STRATEGIES
There has been a decline in “organic reach”
for Facebook posts from >20% to <1%.
1. Re-evaluate your Facebook investment.
2. Optimize posts for sharing.
3. Engage your fans elsewhere.
4. Pay up.
• Show your live twitter feed on side screens
• Guests tweet with #YourEventName
• Their tweets show up on the big screen
PROMOTE ALL YEAR LONG
• Post photos of your grounds in the winter, covered
in snow…or rain as the case may be!
• Say something creative like, “We’re in hibernation!
What do you miss most about the festival?”
• Everyone loves a random holiday. Look them up in
advance, and post about them. You can even
schedule it in advance through Facebook!
JOIN THE (EMAIL) CLUB
• Everybody loves to be a part of a club.
• Make your email list or text list a “club” sign up or
encourage people to pay to join with perks.
• Can do kids & adults!
HOW MANY EMAILS ARE SENT PER DAY?
A. 673 million
B. 926 million
C. 14 billion
D. 191 billion
Hint: 400 million tweets and 4.75 billion
Facebook updates are done per day.
Top Revenue Generator
MOBILE IS A MUST
• According to Forbes:
“87% of connected devices sales by 2017 will
be tablets and smartphones.”
ARE YOU READY?
I DON’T HAVE THE MONEY!
• ONE-TWO PUNCH: 9 of 10 smartphone shoppers have used their
devices to buy products while at a brick-and-mortar store.
• MAKE A QUICK BUCK: 70% of mobile browser searches lead to action
within an hour
• KEEP ‘EM COMING: 50% smartphone users say, “If a retailer’s
technology isn’t easy the first time, I’ll stop using it.”
EXAMPLE MOBILE STATS
40% Mobile Visits
43% Mobile Pageviews
54% Mobile Visits
40% Mobile Pageviews
47% Mobile Visits
44% Mobile Pageviews
ONLY WRONG TO BE SILENT
• The internet is fast moving; people are quick to forget.
Today’s story is yesterday’s history.
• ALWAYS RESPOND to comments, even negative. The worst
thing you can do is not be a part of the conversation.