1. PSLs Got You Down? Screw That Team… Come Racing! One approach to market horse racing ownership to sports fans
2. Recent Teams to Introduce PSLs: A personal seat license, or PSL, gives the holder the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. The primary reason sporting venues offer PSLs is that the proceeds are used to help pay the debt incurred during the construction of the stadium or arena. Also, many supporters feel that such licenses essentially give fans ownership of the seat. $16,000 - $150,000 Dallas Cowboys $4,000 - $25,000 New York Jets $1,000 - $20,000 New York Giants
3. For Those Prices… $1,000 - $10,000 - Shares in a Partnership $10,000 - $50,000 - More Shares in a Partnership - Claiming Horse $50,000 - $150,000 - Claiming Horse - Yearling - 2 Year Old You Can Own More Than a Seat License!
4. Curlin 2007 HOY & Breeders’ Cup Winner Original Purchase Price = $57,000 Current Earnings = $9,796,800
5. Lava Man 3 Time Hollywood Gold Cup Winner & All Time Leader of Cal Breds with 7 G1 Wins Claimed for $50,000 Career Earnings = $5,268,706
6. Funny Cide 2003 Kentucky Derby & Preakness Winner Purchased for $70,000 Career Earnings = $3,529,412
8. When You Can Own a Piece of the Team? * Come Racing! * Seats Included
9. Recommendation: Create a campaign for areas where PSLs are being introduced and there is at least one track. Current locations include NY/NJ & Dallas. The campaign should point to a dedicated section of NTRA.com that contains the TOBA ownership seminar, friendly easy to understand information on ownership including testimonials from owners from all levels, links and information on partnerships at all levels, etc. Roll out the campaign in new areas that meet the criteria and time it with the announcement of the PSL prices. Brought to you by: dana byerly of greenbutgame.org