The Power of Software Vision - applied to the Science of Cells
The Power of ‘Software Vision’
through ‘Software Lenses’
Everybody needs this technology in
science and business because it deals
with TIME and NUMBERS better.
Technology With 3 software methods it provides
forecasts, depth, detail & perspectives.
Market The market is big for each of the 3
Software as a Service is the product.
Web presence is already extensive.
Sickle cells (anaemia)
stem cells and
red and white
blood cells as
The offer is to
let you define
what you want
in terms of cell
Just one Example
• Image analysis in cytology is underperforming
because humans a poor instruments: lazy, slow
and make mistakes. 3D Metrics solves that.
• 3D Metrics ‘software vision’ is better:
– offers new capabilities and ultimately a fully
automated pre-screening process.
– Competitors don’t have ‘pixel accuracy’.
• It is a multibillion market (cytology / pathology)
Just as sickle cells,
so can stem cells be
1. We see more
visual depth and
2. We see the
difference made by
3. We can provide
you with a new tool
Cells for Diabetes
• Image analysis in cytology.
– The technology improves productivity through
faster analytical process, automated or semi-
automated tagging of images, intelligent
image search and comparison
– Could be used in medical diagnostics,
clinical trials and biomedical research
– Potential customers: hospitals, clinical trial
consultancies and academics
• 3D Metrics’ unique ‘software vision’ approach
• Complementary to human pattern recognition
• Automatically generates metadata
• Enables intelligent image search, comparison and
• Competitors: CellProfiler, FuzzyFluid, Labman
3.0. 3D Metrics’ unique multidimensional data
analysis algorithms are much more powerful
and add a new level of precision
• The ultimate objective: the fully automated
pre-screening system as ‘on-demand service’!
• Huge Market: US anatomic pathology and
cytology market was estimated by
Washington G-2 Reports to be slightly over
$12 billion in 2006. Growth of 60%
between 2003 and 2006.
• The worldwide market is several times
• Around 14,000 board-certified pathologists
actively practising in the United States:
potential customers of 3D Metrics’
Route to Market
• Develop software based on 3D Metrics
algorithms in collaboration with ‘domain
experts’, ‘image technologists’ and
– highly scalable, fast and cost-effective
• Deploy it on a commercial infrastructure
• Sell as a ‘web service’ to cytology /
pathology practitioners and researchers on
a pay-as-you-use or subscription basis
• Cytology is the branch of life science,
which deals with the study of cells in terms
of structure, function and chemistry
• Software Vision – 3D Metrics method that
generates the digital representation of the
image, derives “image metrics” such as
shapes, objects, patterns, colours and
contrasts and analyses this numerical data
to make decisions about grouping images
into collections and sorting, ranking or
3dM Digitised Images:
the original images.
Easy to quantify!
3dM Cytology Vocabulary by
Subject Experts: translates digitised
images into image descriptors and
proprietary quantifiers. For setting
3dM Metadata for Computers:
• Image intelligent grouping, sorting and ranking
• Measuring image shapes, patterns and objects
• Selecting, searching and comparing images
• Image identification
3dM Re-Visualised Image:
multidimensional graphic of
the original image.
Easy to quantify!
describe qualities of multi-
dimensional data with
• Proprietary algorithms
• Protected by ‘black boxing’
• Generic for 3 Software Methods:
•Forecasting Time Series
Smart Knowledge Portals
to ‘Visual’ and ‘Metric’ 3D