Introduction to Business E-mail AND Internal Memo: WEEK # 2 Group D Person #1 s1170217 Narumi Watanabe Person #2 s1170221 Riho Ito Person #3 s1170224 Haruka Otaka Person #4 s1170219 Keiko Igarashi
1. INFORMATION RESEARCHER - Person # 1 A. What are the major points in the articles you see above? Typically, there were differences in style from paper to email. And, there are ways to write when you write the business mail. Moreover, make yourself look good because your email can be forwarded to anyone else in the company or anywhere. So, every business email you write is like a personal PR agent. B. Why are these articles important? Write 5 major points in the articles that are important. Write in your own words. 1, It is necessary to confirm whether there is the mistakes before sending the business mail. As the method, read the business mail again and use the spelling check. 2, It is important to make sentences easy to see for reader. ○Emphasize specific sentences by using the sign. (ex. Please give the reply to me until “three” o'clock. ) ○Avoid to use all capital letter. (×HELLO, ○Hello ) 3, Avoid to become emotional, and to become aggressive. 4,Write an information subject and requirement. 5, The content of the business mail is concise and clear.
1. INFORMATION RESEARCHER - Person # 1 C. Explain 5 reasons why one should read the above articles when preparing to write an important business e-mail on a any topic? Write in your own words. This reason is necessary to know the following. 1,Business email is different from the letter. 2, If the message is private or should be safe, don't use email. 3,How to appeal yourself in business email. 4, Write concisely and easy to read for the reader. 5, Confirm whether there is the mistakes before sending the business mail. D. Write a paragraph explaining the common guidelines that you find in all the three articles above. Write in your own words. When you write the business email, it is necessary to write concise for reader. First, write a subject and requirement. Next, it is important to avoid using all capital letter and emphasizing specific sentences by using the sign. And, Avoid sending mail which is emotional, aggressive, private or should be safe. Finally, it is important to check whether there is mistake in the business mail before sending. In addition, if necessary, include a telephone number to the signature of the email.
2. CONTENT ORGANIZER - Person # 2 A.Explain the overall idea for designing a business e-mail as is mentioned in the articles above. (50 words minimum) When write the business e-mail, do not have to write unnecessary information, and title and the content of e-mail should be always related. Please limit ourselves to a consideration of the topic of e-mail. Do not use a stiff and formal greeting. Finally, do the spell-check before send the e-mail.
2. CONTENT ORGANIZER - Person # 2 B. Write a short business e-mail on a topic of your choice .You can address the e-mail to me or anyone of your choice. Write in your own words. Title : Volunteer Hello Processor Roy, Listen, we’re doing the volunteer work in various places as a home for the aged and an institution for homeless or maltreated. So, we need some information of the institution where volunteer is needed. Would you like to give me such information that you know? Thanks Riho Ito University of Aizu student (123)456-7890
2. CONTENT ORGANIZER - Person # 2 C. Write two sentences explaining a problem that you have come across recently. Last year, I came across the problem that it was told that my tuition had not yet been paid though I transfer tuition to a bank account. When I inquire the student affairs section, she was said that this problem was caused by the trouble of the system and this problem can solve because a special trader improved the system. D. Write down five sentences explaining how a personal e-mail should be different from a business e-mail.Write in your own words. ・ E-mail is not more formal than letters. ・ E-mail can be sent to a lot of people at the same time and we could see who else got the same thing. ・ E-mail need not be signed because e-mails also say who they are from. ・ There are forms in the letter, but the main body of e-mail should be made concise sentences. ・ Putting in a date like the latter is not necessary because e-mail carries its own date.
3. PLAN DEVELOPER - Person # 3 <ul><li>A. Develop a short concept map using the Concept Mapping software based on the 1st article you see above. Pick up the major sentences and make a concept map. </li></ul>
3. PLAN DEVELOPER - Person # 3 <ul><li>B. Develop a short concept map using the Concept Mapping software based on the 2nd article you see above. Pick up the major sentences and make a concept map. </li></ul>
3. PLAN DEVELOPER - Person # 3 C. Write down the definition of 5 major key words that are used in the concept map. procedures differences paper email changes D. Write down three major questions that might explain the major argument or information in the three articles you see above. What is the important points to remember when you write a email? What is the 10 tips for writing business emails that say the right thing about you? What is the contents of the Business Writing : what works, what won't by Wilma Davidson?