Directions that tell characters how to act or show their feelings.
In ( ) parenthesis or brackets [ ]
Snow White: (Smiles when she sees the shiny red apples.) Those apples
look delicious! Can I have one?
Things, or items, that the characters or actors/actresses may need
to use as they perform their part.
• Snow White………………………………....apple
• Ranita (Ranita, The Frog Princess)……….......golden arrow
• Curious George…………………………….banana
• Charlie (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)…chocolate bar
GET READY FOR A QUIZ!
Number your paper from 1 to 7.
Write the letter of the correct answer for each
1. What is another word for ‘drama’.
2. What do we call the writer of a play.
3. The group of people that are playing certain
roles in a play is called the _______________.
b) Cast of characters
4. The directions, or words, in parenthesis that show the actions or
feelings that the characters are supposed to show. They may also
give information about the setting. These directions are called
a) Plot directions
b) Stage directions
c) Actor directions
d) Audience directions
5. What do we call the part that an actor plays in a
6. What do we call the written text of a play.
7. What do we call the things, or items, that a character may use in a
play. For example, the person playing the role of Snow White may
have an apple which will cause her to fall into a spell when she bites it.
The apple is called a ________.
d) Prop (properties)