Team Captain Sierra Farris, PACNorthwest Parkinson’s Foundation
• Northwest Parkinson’s Team Kilimanjaro is a virtual team open to everyone.• Participation involves setting and working toward personal goals, learning about fitness and nutrition and logging your hard earned minutes.• The virtual team will have educational monthly meetings over the next 5 months.
• Team PD MS Kilimanjaro is about unity, inspiration, support and sharing in each others success.• Program enrollment is free• BUT – requires your commitment to take the necessary steps to succeed• Requires you to be true to yourself in selecting a goal that is both obtainable but challenging
• Desire and motivation to reach toward your goal• A commitment to work together• Access to the internet • Email Communication with the Team • For Video replay of Team Meetings • To Log and Track your Activity Minutes • Help will be available at the first meeting for logging in
• Define your goal• Register at www.presidentschallenge.org • Here you will log and track your minutes • Progress checks and emails by Sierra or Dr. Giroux• Check the NWPF Wellness website for monthly updates and frequently asked questions• Attend monthly meetings if possible
• Begin by defining your physical activity or general health goal. You can chose any activity and will log your number of minutes performed daily.• Goal: I will begin by _________________(insert activity such as walking, hiking, biking, weight lifting, dancing, meditation, gardening, yoga) for ___ minutes daily, ___ times per week.
• Register at www.presidentschallenge.org• Make up a user name to remain anonymous • For example “jantheclimber”• Choose your activities from the dropdown list• Select the Team PD Kilimanjaro Group by entering number 97175
• Monthly meetings - 1st Wednesday of every month • Feb 2, 6:30 - 8:30pm • Mar 2, 6:30 - 8:30pm• Location: Northwest • Apr 6, 6:30 - 8:30pm Hospital Lindsey • May 4, 6:30 - 8:30pm Gould Auditorium • June 1, 6:30 - 8:30pm • Each meeting focuses on a theme including • Video replays available on fitness, nutrition and www.NWPF.org/wellness general health.
Kilimanjaro Photo compliments of Alpine Ascents International