THE MAN AND THE SNAKE
One day, a kind man saw a snake
on the road. He was about to leave,
but he thought," This is one of God's
lovely creatures, too. I will take it
home to warm it by the hot fire.
Then, I will set it free." He picked
up the long snake and put it in his
The man was hungry, so he
stopped for lunch at a simple
restaurant. He sat by the
fireplace, the long snake crawled
out from the small sack. It was
hissing at the frightened people.
The angry man jumped up
and ran to the fireplace. " Is this
how you repay the kindness of
others?" he shouted in a loud
The man grabbed a long
stick used for stirring the fire.
He chased the ungrateful snake
out of the restaurant.
• Who are the characters in the
• What can you say about the
snake? The man?
• What did the man see on the
• What did he do with the snake?
• Where did the man go after that?
• What did the snake do when the
man was inside the restaurant?
• How would you describe the
man when he saw the snake
• Who among the characters
would you like to imitate? Why?
• Did you like what the man did at
the end of the story?
What do we use to
ideas and events?
LET’S HAVE MORE!!!
Nina is fond of pets. She has a
new pet cat whom she calls Crissy.
Here is how Nina Describes her.
“Here’s my pet Crissy. She is
healthy and funny. She looks fierce
but she is friendly. She has a red
ribbon on her neck. After drinking
milk, she still eats rice and fish.
She is very greedy.”
FILL IN THE
1. I like to share the ___________ things
with my classmates.
2. My classmates are always
___________ about it.
3. My teachers said that I am
___________ for doing that.
4. Well, I simply want to make others
5. Besides, it also gives me pleasure to
see their ___________ faces.
LET’S SEE IF
Complete the following sentences
using the adjectives in the box.
1. Be careful in using a ________ knife.
You might get hurt.
2. The sampaguita flower has a ________
3. Can you climb a ________ mountain?
4. Streets should be __________, so
vehicles can easily pass through.
5. On _________ days, be sure to put on
your raincoat when going out.
6. Pineapples and watermelons are
7. Growing children need milk because it is
8. ___________ vegetables are always
available in our market.
9. _________soup is best to eat on cold
10. Some rocks are so ________ that they
can’t be easily broken.
• Cut out three pictures of
animals and complete the two
sentences below. Write it under
The ______ is
The ______ is