2. BUILDING A DREAM TEAM
TRAINING OF AGENTS &
3. WHAT IS DREAM ?
• VIRTUALLY ALL PEAK PERFORMERS ARE
VISUALISERS. THEY SEE IT; THEY FACE
IT; THEY EXPERIENCE IT BEFORE THEY
ACTUALLY DO IT.
• IN ORDER TO GROW- BECOME ALL THAT
WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEING TO REACH
OUR GOALS, TO REACH OUR POTENTIALS,
WHICHEVER UNCOMFORTABLE FOR A
WHILE- EVENTUALLY IT WILL BE
4. • FOLLOW THOURGH WE ALL FAIL. WE ALL
FALL DOWN. IT IS NOT HOW MANY TIMES
YOU FALL DOWN; IT IS HOW MANY TIMES
YOU GET UP. ALWAYS TAKE TWO STEPS
FORWARD, ONE STEP BACKWARD. JUST
DON’T MARK TIME. JUST DO IT.
• DON’T BE AFRAID OF THE SPACE
BETWEEN YOUR DREAMS AND REALITIES.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN MAKE IT.
• SO, WHEN YOU DREAM, DREAM BIG.
• TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE
• O - ORIGINAL
• F - FINE
• F - FAMOUS
• I - INTELLIGENT
• C - CLEAR
• E - EXCELLENT
• R - RESPONSIVE
7. FUNCTION OF DEV.
• To recruit, train & retain the agents.
• No distraction !!! Only Creation !!!
8. AGENCY RECRUITMENT
WHERE THE VISION IS ONE YEAR-
WHERE THE VISION IS TEN YEARS-
WHEN THE VISION IS ETERNITY-
• AN AGENT IS A LINK BETWEEN THE
INDUSTRY & MARKET.
• YOUR BUSINESS IS DEPENDENT ON
HIS MOVEMENT AND WILLINGNESS
TO CONTACT MORE PEOPLE.
9. • CONTD.
• RECRUITMENT IS THE ACQUISITION
OF NEW MANPOWER.
• CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT IS
NECESSARY AS THE CONTINUOUS
SUPPLY OF LIFE SUSTAINING BLOOD
TO THE HUMAN BODY.
• THAT’S WHY YOU SHOULD SELECT
ONLY THE BEST NEEDY MEN- THE
MEN WHO HAVE A REASONABLE
CHANCES OF SUCCESS.
10. WHAT QUALIFICATIONS
SHALL YOU LOOK FOR AN
INITIATIVE & INNOVATIVE
TACTFUL WITH PLEASING
• 6. HIGH MORALE
7. RESPONSIVE & SOCIAL
8. KNOWLEDGE OF HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY
12. NEED FOR FULL TIMERS.
12. Recruitment (contd)
• Agent Referral Program: The strong
relationship between DO & agent allows for
a large no. of referrals on an ongoing basis.
It stimulates the flow of growth of sales
force. Agents refer candidates because they
help grow the sales force, & also because
they enjoy the recognition that comes from
helping others find a rewarding career.
• Internet recruiting:Candidates are to be
identified from various career related sites.
• There is a lack of talented, skilled
manpower for agency. You must use a
variety of different sources to recruit the
best candidates because there is no single
large pool of talent at any one source these
14. HOW TO CONVINCE
MACDONALDS DEV. OFFICERS
• MORE OUTLETS MORE AGENTS
• MORE PROFITS MORE SUCCESS
• TALK PEOPLE FOR TAKING UP LIC
• WORLD’S HIGHEST PAID
ACTIVE Contd: PASSIVE
• YOUR PROFESSION FDS
• MY PROFESSION RENT
• Definition of Guru:
• A teacher & leader, considered by
disciples to have absolute authority. A
teacher & guide in philosophical matters;a
trusted counsellor and advisor ; a mentor ; a
recognised leader in the field.
• Training is above all about knowledge.It
helps in valuing & sharing existing
knowledge & in creating new knowledge.
• Training offers a wealth of
cultural,institutional & recreational
opportunities for social
interaction,leadership & personal
• Your agents will be challenged to extend
themselves intellectually & creatively, so
that they are prepared for the 21st Century
with the help of proper training.
18. Training (Contd.)
• Much of agents’ reaction depends on their
own behaviour also. This can be improved
by proper training.
• A better trained sales force is one that is
more productive and knowledgeable. In
addition to the positive effect on
productivity, having more knowledgeable
sales force lessens the level of risk as to
regulatory and compliance issues.
19. Training (contd.)
• You are in a place who plays a large role in
helping agents to learn & to understand
technical aspects of their work, including
product knowledge & the use of lap-top
20. Training (contd.)
• Training efforts for the marketing team
need to be focused on development of
marketing skills and a professional
approach. Genuine marketing efforts would
lead to the creation of demand for the
LIC’s products, its distribution and services
for customers who purchase the products.
Skill development would lead to trend,
experienced representatives in the
market.Customers would be encouraged to
retain their LIC policies and use the
valuable life insurance protection &
21. Training aids retention
• One of the best tools to recruit and retain
insurance agents is an effective training
• An initial training program, coupled with an
on-going training commitment, can be an
effective means of luring young,
• Money spent on training lets agents see how
their DO invests in their professional career
growth and development.
• Give them the opportunity to learn and they
will stay with you.
• Training can be huge carrot for hiring. If
agents can learn a whole new skill set as
soon as they start work at a particular
company, they will choose that company
over another that may be offering a higher
23. Retention Strategies
• On-going training and personal career
• Competitions and reward programs
• Lifestyle advantages.
• Agents completely understand LIC’s
business goals and the important role they
have in helping to achieve those goals.
• Unit meetings.
• Another very important relationship which
contributes tremendously to the training,
development and overall success of a sales
agent, is the relationship that is built with
other agents. These relationships can either
be formal or informal.
• Informal relationship is quite beneficial as
there is nothing more valuable for an agent
to hear, first hand, the experiences of
another successful agent. The sharing of
the wealth of knowledge that they have;
their ideas, their values, their victories, as
well as their defeats, contributes greatly to a
new agents’ confidence, motivation and
knowledge skill set.
• Couples new recruits with experienced agents.
This will lead to renewed enthusiasm and to
higher production levels. The new agents will
also experience a higher level of productivity
• Multi-Agent organisation: Made up of several
members, characterised by agents who
complement each other. For eg. Some of the
complementing factors could be experience,
area of specialisation or skill set. This type of
structure creates synergy between agents and
also serves as an ideal vehicle for business
• Radical steps to improve the quality of
agents recruited, as better agents alone can
bring in better business. The retention of
agents will have to be a priority for
sustained business growth. The exit to
recruitment ratio has to be changed
• Need for full timers : Life insurance as a
service can be rendered more effectively by
a full timer. A full timer is a stable and
dependable person in the organization. You
have to try & enlist as many full timers as
• “ The people who succeed in this world are
the people who get up and find the
circumstances they want - and if they can’t
find them, they make them.”
• Training would not be complete without
input from top - performing agents who
attend, and they had plenty of great ideas to
29. PRODUCTIVITY : GOALS +
(ACTIVITIES X SKILLS)
• GOALS:Have to be SMART
• SHOULD BE A PART OF YOUR PERSONAL
30. ACTIVITIES :
• ACTIONS NECESSARY TO FULFIL GOALS.
YOUR AGENT SHOULD FOLLOW SALES
• A) PROSPECTING
• B) CONTACT/APPROACH
• C) FACT FINDING/DISCOVERY
• D) ANALYSE FACTS
• E) SALES PRESENTATION
• F) DECISION- ACTION
• G) REFERRALS
31. SKILL: SPECIFIC TALENT THAT
EACH SALES PERSON USES IN
ii)PEOPLE- ALL PERSONALITY STYLES
iii) MANAGEMENT OF : TIME
BUSINESS (KNOW YOUR BOTTOM
iv) PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE- KNOW YOUR
V) EDUCATION: TAX LAW CHANGES/
32. WHAT IS IMPORTANT ?
A) MAKE A COMMITMENT TO DO SO.
B)IDENTIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND ALSO
AREAS IN WHICH YOU CAN IMPROVE.
• DO WHAT YOU DO SO WELL THAT WHEN
OTHER PEOPLE SEE WHAT IT IS YOU DO,
THEY WANT TO SEE YOU DO IT AGAIN
AND WILL BRING OTHERS WITH THEM TO
SHOW THEM WHAT IT IS YOU DO.
34. TO QUOTE DOUGLAS MALLOCK
“IF YOU CAN’T BE A PINE ON THE TOP OF
THE TREE, BE A SCRUB IN THE VALLEY-
BUT BE THE BEST LITTLE SCRUB BY THE
SIDE OF THE HILL. BE A BUSH IF YOU CAN
NOT BE A TREE.
IF YOU CAN NOT BE A HIGHWAY, JUST BE A
IF YOU CAN NOT BE THE SUN, BE A STAR.
IT IS NOT BY SIZE THAT YOU WIN OR
FAIL.BE THE BEST OF WHATEVER
37. Thank you very much
for providing me this opportunity
Wish you good day!!!
R. Ravindra Kumar
Just call on 9726351246 ·
Email : email@example.com
38. Thank you very much
for providing me this opportunity
Wish you good day!!!
R. Ravindra Kumar
Regional Manager e-mail= firstname.lastname@example.org,
LICI, LAUTOKA -Fiji- ISLANDS email@example.com,
Hello : ISD CODE NO:( 679)l : firstname.lastname@example.org,
6651923 6668023, 9992733,
Fax No: 651984