Biology unit 3 cell energy cellular respiration notes
Unit 3 Notes:
(1) What is Respiration?
The reacting of glucose
(sugar) and oxygen gas,
producing carbon dioxide
gas, water, and ATP.
(2) The Chemical Equation
C6H12O6 + O2 Sunlight + CO2 + H2O
(3) Where does it happen?
• Inside all living things
(Plants, Animals, Bacteria, etc).
• Inside the organelle called the
(4) How Does It Cycle Matter + Energy?
– Transfers energy from the bonds of glucose to
the bonds of ATP.
– Takes glucose and oxygen, breaks their
bonds, in order to store energy in the newly
formed ATP molecules.
– Makes un-useable sugar compounds, into
energy storing molecules used by the cell.
(5) Connecting Photosynthesis
• The glucose and oxygen produced in
photosynthesis is necessary to begin
• The carbon dioxide and water needed to
begin photosynthesis, is made during