Enventys Partners is the first Crowdfunding Marketing Agency to Have a Case Study on http://www.Facebook.com/business
Crowdfunding Fashion Campaign on Kickstarter
Kickstarter Crowdfunding Expert
Why startups should use crowdfunding to launch their product innovation
The startup manifesto is not: build it, hunt it, exit.
Kickstarter lead gen example on facebook ads
How to automate facebook leads into mailchimp
Always test facebook ads
Performance Marketing Results From Facebook Ads Kickstarter Campaign
Facebook Case Study from Kickstarter Marketing Experts - Enventys Partners
Growth Marketing Tactics Using Facebook For Crowdfunding Products
Referral and Viral
Growth Tactics For 2018
Roy Morejon - Enventys Partners
President & Co-Founder
● Serial Entrepreneur
● 2015 & 2016 Fastest Growing
Companies in Charlotte
● Crowdfunded over 500
● Raised over $135 Million in past
● 24 Unique Million+ Dollar
● Featured in CNN, Entrepreneur,
Forbes, AdWeek, SEJ, Fast
Company, Pando Daily, Yahoo!
Tech, Crowdfund Insider
Antonia Saint New York
Crowdfunding Case Study
● Minimizes risk
● Proves out market for product
● Reduces need for loans or VC $
● Community of backers
● PR Opportunities
● No need for a website
● Easy to set up campaign page
This Works (most) Everywhere
Book Launches on Amazon
Mobile App Launches
Product or Business Launches
Antonia Saint New York is a line of
women’s heels and flats made to feel like
sneakers on the inside.
Designed in Brooklyn with patented
technology, the brand was founded by
Antonia Saint Dunbar.
THE GOAL - Crowdfund Cushioned Support
ASNY wanted to attract
new customers and pre-
sell its line of high-tech
heels via its Kickstarter
1. Earn Trust - Get a presence and give back to your community first.
2. Give Value - Grow a foundation where your customers hang out, and
help them solve their problems.
3. Be Present throughout the buyer journey.
● Generate targeted email leads
● Keep email leads engaged
○ Contest Apps like Queue increase
engagement + viral sharing
● Test target audiences
● Test creative: copy & images
● Small percentage of total budget
spent during pre-launch phase
Custom List Conversion Rates
● Segmented Customer List converts 6x better than
interest based targeting
● Full Customer List converts 4x better than interest
● Look-a-likes of buyers convert 2x better than interest
How To Apply
This To Any
Segment Customer Database
● Top 10% of customers by
● Segment based on product
○ Target with relevant new products
● Create Look-a-likes of these
Regardless of your traffic
source, a majority of your
success is dependent on
landing pages that
Keys to Facebook Campaigns That Convert
● Start Lead Gen & Live Campaign with low budgets
○ We launch with mix of custom audiences, look-a-likes, & interest based ad sets with $5 -
○ Scale up the best performing ad sets 50% per day.
● Start with 3 ads per ad set
○ Create 1 baseline ad across all ad sets, and two ads with relevant copy for the specific
○ Different messages based on Past Customer, Recent Web Visit, or Interest.
● Test new ads vs. top performing ad after 72 hours.
Adding a Sense of Urgency
● Sequencing of messaging throughout the campaign
○ [Just Launched] LIMITED Early Birds,
○ Early Bird almost sold
○ Early Birds just sold out -- Don’t miss out on this Flash Sale.
○ LAST CHANCE: Final hours of Campaign!
○ Over 500 backers, only a few Early Birds remaining.
■ Sense of urgency with social proof.
Ads that Get Clicks
● Relevant Creative to the target audience
○ Example: Targeting Women+Fans of Hiking with a Woman Hiking & message Love Hiking?
Or Hikers will LOVE these new.... “Keep the scent strong”
● Images that get clicks
○ Red, Orange & Green colors in the image, or around the border
○ Collages in the 1200 x 628 image
○ Dual Image Collages work best
● Motion Images
○ Images where just one part of the image is moving. Like the Water, Clouds, Lights
flickering using a tool like Plotagraph.
THE CAMPAIGN LAUNCH
● Sent pre-launch leads a “just launched” email to 40K
● We started with a traffic campaign that included about 20 different ad
sets and a video-view campaign with one ad set, using a daily budget
between $300 - $500.
● As the campaign progressed, we added new audiences, created new
ads, and expanded our current audiences from Facebook Feed only
to Facebook Feed, Audience Network, Right Rail and Audience Insights.
THE CAMPAIGN CONT.
● We also started running Canvas ads to about 10 different audiences
and Instagram ads to about 4 audiences a couple of weeks into the
● We created retargeting audiences to retarget landing page traffic,
Facebook page traffic, lead generation form views, video views and
campaign page traffic.
● By the end of the campaign, we had tested over 70 different
audiences and were running a total of 42 different ad sets with a daily
budget over $3,000.
● ROAS on ad spend = 7.03x
● Total tracked revenue = $439,486 over a 40
● Total tracked conversions = 1,796 over a 40
● Total raised on Kickstarter = $1,845,714
● Total backers on Kickstarter = 6,989
● Total raised to this point (Including
Indemand) = $2,134,370
● Total backers to this point (Including
Indemand) = 7,891
● Facebook Advertising was responsible for
78% of all the traffic to the campaign page
Conclusion… Finally :)
● Pre-Launch Lead Generation with Facebook
● Custom Audiences - The POWER of your list!
● Social Proof: Facebook Ads & Landing Pages
● Sense of Urgency
● The Setup of Successful Facebook Ad Campaign
● The Importance of Testing