Be the first to like this
In five SlideShares, Restoring the Pulse of Nature in Euclid presents two goals for stormwater Integrated Planning in Euclid, Ohio: a) Revive the natural regulation of stormwater at relatively low cost and high community benefit. b) Reconnect fragmented natural habitat areas as a means to build local biodiversity and natural capital.
SS#1, Streams into Sewers, maps Euclid’s natural watercourses and shows how they were made into storm sewers. The sewer system eliminated all but small segments of the streams and put the remaining segments underground. In making streams into sewers, we diminished the land’s inherent ability to hold back storm flows. We thus lost the natural pulse that regulates stormwater.
The five SlideShares:
1) Streams into Sewers: http://www.slideshare.net/roylarick/150307-1-streams-into-sewers
2) Initial Green Solutions: http://www.slideshare.net/roylarick/euclid-initial-green-solutions
3) Integrated Planning: http://www.slideshare.net/roylarick/euclid-integrated-green-plan
4) Eco-Greenways: http://www.slideshare.net/roylarick/euclid-bioretention-greenways
5) Euclid Ecology Unit: http://www.slideshare.net/roylarick/150324-euclid-ecology-unit