2. How it started • School for Dairy Farming (PTC+) in Province of Friesland, Holland. • Dairy training for students in Kenya, organized by RC Dokkum (Matching Grants). • TRF decides to reduce system of MG’s.
3. Oikocredit Interna(onal (Head Oﬃce at Amersfoort The Netherlands) • Future Vision Plan – possibili(es for Strategic Partnerships. •
4. Oikocredit and RC Groningen Zuid in 2006 • Groningen Zuid becomes small shareholder to make members “Oikocredit-‐Minded”.
5. Example Project “Githunguri”Kenya Judy and Carol of Oikocredit • 15.000 small farmers.
6. District Conference 2009 – D1590 – 4 steps • Exposure visit to Holland by staﬀ “Githunguri”. • Training 25 dairy extension oﬃcers. • 2 MG’s by Groningen Zuid together with RC Nairobi North and Oikocredit Kenya. • $ 56.000 each MG. • Fund raising (EUR 92.000) by RC Groningen Zuid from clubs D 1590 for micro credits through Oikocredit.
• Old Model farm • …..posi(ve feeling of the con(nua(on of the 2 projects and its follow-‐up by Nairobi North and Oikiocredit.
8. Copex Capacity Building Program Les Saveurs Du Sud S.A. COPEX SUD Prepared for OIKO CREDIT Senegal
9. Job completed • May 2011 decision by Trustees to start up a Strategic Partnership between TRF and Oikocredit Interna(onal. • Rotary Interna(onal News reports “Rotary and Oikocredit launch Strategic Partnership”. • Job successfully completed with the introduc(on of COPEX. • We could say that the above ac(ons by our club and D1590 are gelng a worldwide con(nua(on by the strategic partnership of TRF/Oikocredit.
10. New beginning • On 2 November 2012 (last week!) TRF announced that applica(ons for Global Grants are oﬀered in coopera(on with Oikocredit.
11. Final remark • Our DG2008/09 the real motor behind the successful Partnership. Not a member anymore. I took his place for this presenta(on.