Unit 78- Transformation review
I read the assignment and did my best efforts in attempt to give what
the company Lazy Eye Gaming was looking for, I paid close attention
to my character being based around my figure, shape and size as well
as showing clearly my design process and what I did throughout.
I was clear about how to actually approach the unit and what I had to
do throughout in order to deliver an accurate reel of what I did and
when, it shows clearly my speed throughout the log that my timing
was well and my design came out to a spec I enjoyed.
I used the portrait design template to my advantage, with putting it
into adobe illustrator and using vector graphics, it was easy enough
stretching it or warping it to fit into the portrait, with the template
being bigger it made it useful as details I did were more viewable to
people observing it.
Rather than plan my work ahead, I’d prepare myself upon the day
what I should do and make attempts towards a goal I’d had set,
which I would progress to do in best I can with my time limit.
I feel like I had small difficult little details which made it difficult to
achieve those goals because it delayed my time as well as I had to
spend time figuring out what I had to do to pass it.
My research and Ideas generation is the very reason I went with
what I chose, once researching into fantasy/rpg I was overly
enthralled on going with this Genre due to the terrain being overly
exaggerated in vistas which are almost unforgettable.
My character research helped boast what my character would end
up like by the end, whether it be a certain kind of armour, robe or
what weapons they would wield and how they would wield them.
Having studied and passed media in the past in High school, I was
rather knowledgeable on the application of Photoshop and Adobes
software in general, how to use different aspects within it like
cloning, layering, blending etc.
The initial sketches for my character came out as anticipated, I also
managed to replicate the sketch quite well with using myself to pose
it and photoshopped armour , the pose was well matched with what
I had drawn previously.
Having previous experience with DSLR cameras from Media in high
school, I wasn’t completely clueless about what I had to do because
I knew what I had to do to make the image seem well enough to
photoshop distinctive images.
With my photographs before drawing over my end edit, I played
around with the levels, hue, curves and saturation to get the image I
was looking for.
After making the image sharper it became easy to move around the
armour and change my shape to make the figure I desired.
Adobe illustrator comes with a very useful Bezier curves tool which
makes it possible to make very sharp vector lines around the image
and have the image look less jagged than manually clicking
My skills in tracing in general made it useful for me to understand
where and what I should use to trace accurately.
Illustrator’s usage of layers made it far easy to fill in each colour of
the image and make it look more gradient-like even with the flat
My overall impression on my project was that given the amount of
time I spent on the actual detail and tracing, I made a decent image
which was what I had anticipated it to come out as, it matches up
with drawing with the whole imagination image from the start as you
As you can see I kept the pose, the daggers and their colours.
The only thing I’d dropped was the whole dark/light image, which I
did attempt at remaking with the red/green ground parts.