RAMESH MOHAN LIBRARY
ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES
MLIS 2nd YEAR
• The Central Institute of English-CIE, it was
founded in September 1958.
• Specific goals to improve the standard of English
Teaching, to undertake relevant research and to
• 1967, Mr. Ramesh Mohan took over as the
Director of the CIE.
• In 1972, CIE became CIEFL, with additional
responsibilities to study, spread and teach several
• In 1983, the library name was changed into
Ramesh Mohan Library.
• To provide bibliographical, documentation and
information support to the research programs of
• The library has grown now into a National
• The RML collection includes an impressive
amount of books on literature, it contains
periodicals, documents, dissertations, reports, re
- prints and micro-films.
• It is a resource center for academic and
research activities .
• To provide relevant and up-to-date
• The library has been constantly acquiring
books, journals and other reading materials
relevant to the academic and research
• Monday to Friday working hours 9.00a.m. to
• On Saturday’s and Sunday’s working time
9.30a.m. to 6.00p.m.
• During examination period up to 9.00a.m. to
• B.ED, M.ED, PGDTE, PGDTA, PGDTS, MA (English,
French, Spanish, Arabic, Italian, Chinese)
• B.A(English, Russian, French, Spanish, Arabic)
• M.Phil and Ph.D (Regular and distances)
• Teaching staff, Non teaching staff, Non teaching
• Other university scholars also member.
• The library has specialized collections of books
(print) in the areas of language Teaching,
Linguistics and Literature in English and
• Allied subjects like, Philosophy, Religion,
Sociology, Psychology, History, Anthropology,
Journalism is available in the library collection.
• It is also provides access to be e-books
The collection of RML as on
31.03.2013 are details given below:
S.NO LANGUAGES BOOKS
1 ENGLISH 98,418
2 HINDI 1,370
4 CHINESE 145
5 FRENCH 10,126
6 GERMAN 16,685
7 ITALIAN 181
8 JAPANESE 101
9 KOREAN 64
10 RUSSIAN 20,536
11 SPANISH 2,493
VARIOUS SECTION IN THE RML
• Acquisition section
• Technical section
• Periodical section
• Circulation section
• It is mainly for acquiring books and journal.
• Buying the books and journal within the library budget .
• Sending suggestion form to each department.
• duplicate checking.
• Processing Indents for approval by the Chair Person Books and
Periodical library committee.
• Then order form will prepared by library staff.
• The order form will send to the vendor.
• Purchase Invoice.
• Vendors will send the books to the library,
Checking titles against purchase order.
• Manual Accessions of books.
• Processing Bills for payment.
• Books received and accessioned are processed
in the Technical Section Classification and
Cataloguing are taken up in the Technical
• The Classification Scheme for book is
• Cataloguing is carried out in the library using
software NEW GENLIB.
• Cataloguing – AACR-2 rules to be followed.
• After this process it will go for another
technical work like
- Book pocket pasting
- Magnetic tape
- Due date slip
- Bar code
• The RML library subscribes to 264 Academic
and Research Journals (Print, Print + online
and online) also available.
• English Journals 100
• Foreign Journals 33
• After acquiring journals it will come to the
• The details journals entered into the kardex.
• There is advance payment for journals.
• A journal, on completion of its volume will be
processed for binding.
• After the binding is over, the volume will be
accessioned and added to the Back-Volume
• News papers and popular magazines are also
available for reading.
• Both Indian and Foreign journals currently
subscribed and journals received as gift are
displayed in the shelves in this section.
E – RESOURCES
The following electronic databases are made available to
faculty and students under INFLIBNET UGC Consortia:
• PROJECT MUSE
• OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS ONLINE JOURNALS
• CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS ONLINE JOURNALS
• TAYLOR AND FRANCIS ONLINE JOURNALS
• SPRINGER ONLINE JOURNALS
• WILEY ONLINE JOURNALS
• ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL WEEKLY
JOURNALS SUBSCRIBED FOR THE YEAR
• English Journals 112
• E - journals 17
• Russian Journal 11
• Arabic Journal 5
• French Journal 7
• German Journal 9
• Spanish Journal 5
• Both manual and automated system.
• They are following Browne system manually.
• No fine
• Double charging
1.Registration of Patrons (or) Borrowers:
2. Different transaction involved Book
issues, Returns, Reservation of book.
3. A renewal mechanism for extending due
dates for return of books, recalls and additional
lending like inter-library loan.
4. No-due certificate issue.
1. This training is very important for my future
2. First time I want other state, language is
different, people also different.
3. I learn more practically.
4. Library also friendly atmosphere.
5. Communication skill is very important in the