2) Understand how
Schrödinger's cat is both
1) There is a whole lot of math
we do some things that you math
teachers told you never to
do, we just never tell them!
1+i) (after all, physics is
Being a nerd is cool
What do these people
have in common?
• Member of the TOMAHAWK Advanced
Concepts Team at the Naval Surface
Warfare Center Dahlgren Division
• Baltimore County Police Department
and member of the department's
crash team investigation group
• Software Engineer
• Working for the National
• Defense contractor for Northrop-
• Marketing Manager for Virginia
• Consultant to the Office of Naval
Research 351, Asymmetric Defense
• Worked with US National and
International Weapons communities
• 1993-1998 served as President
clinton’S aSSiStant for Science and
Technology and director of the
White House Office of Science and
• Team member of Project Mercury
and Project Viking for NASA – first
#5) You Get GREAT
…& the rmc phySicS
#4) Small Classes = All about YOU!
• The courageous students who major in
physics come few and far between~ so you
always know who will be in your classes!
will know you by
name, face, and
number of hours
spent hanging out in
#2) Learn everything you
-Physics classes teach you TONS of Other things-
Physics classes can carry over into other
majors or minors, such as math, computer
science, chemistry, environmental
studies, biology, and philosophy! It also gives
you a lot of research opportunity.
#1) Society of Physics Students!
• Your home away from home!
• EVERYTHING you need to
EAT, SLEEP, and Do PHYSICS!
• Office Includes- cable TV, DVD
player, refrigerator, microwave, lots
of computers, couches, tables, and all
the physics books you could ever
want! (and for a limited time only, a full collection of