2007 GenPeace Poster Making Contest:
Kapayapaan, Iguhit Mo!
Contest Application Form
Title of Entry
Entry Dimensions (in centimeters)
MECHANICS: Generation Peace Art Project: Kapayapaan,
1. Generation Peace Youth Network 8. The art entry together with a filled
(GenPeace) in partnership with application form must be filled up
OPAPP, DepEd and GZOPI is and submitted to:
celebrating the peace month of
September. The GenPeace Art Generation Peace Secretariat
Project is now accepting entries c/o GZO Peace Institute
from the Philippines. 2/F Hoffner Building, Social
2. The competition is open to anyone Ateneo De Manila University,
under the 13-30 age bracket. Loyola Heights, Quezon City,
3. The entry must be a two- www.youthpeacenetwork.wordp
dimensional art form. ress.com
4. The entry must be a synthesis of Tel: (02) 4266122
peace messages from GenPeace
and the creative interpretations of 9. Each entry must be an original in
the artists. [For the peace concept, design, and execution and
messages, refer to the attached should not violate any Philippine
selection.] copyright laws.
5. Each piece can be no larger than 10. The contest runs from September
45x60 cm (but not smaller than 01-28, 2007. The deadline for the
30x45 cm) and no more than 1 cm submission of entries is on
in depth. September 26. Awarding will be on
September 27 at ULTRA, Pasig
6. Artwork is limited to the following City.
11. Prizes for the winners are as
• Paintings: oil, acrylics, follows:
• Drawings: pastels, colored • First Prize: Php 10,000
pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, • Second Prize: Php 5,000
markers • Third Prize: Php 3,000
• Collage: must be two • 7 consolation plaques of
• Prints: lithographs, • Certificates for all
silkscreen, block prints contestants
• Mixed media: use of more • Plaques for
than two mediums such as schools/organization of
pencil, ink, etc. winning participants
• Computer generated art
• Photography 12. Winners will be notified by phone
and email. The decision of the
7. The criteria for judging are: panel of judges is final and
• Coherence of Peace
13. All entries will be exhibited in
Message and Visuals -40%
GenPeace Activities for the month
• Originality – 30% of September and will be reprinted
• Creativity – 30% for information dissemination. The
art works will remain sole
properties of their respective
PEACE MESSAGES SELECTION
Choose one peace message to use in your poster design. (40% of the criteria for judging is based on
the relevance of the poster design to the peace messages below.)
Abot-kaya kung tayo ay kalahok!
• Tiyakin ang mga karapatang pantao ng bawat mamamayan.
• Pag-ibayuhin ang matapat na negosasyon o peace talks sa mga rebeldeng
grupo tungo sa makatarungan kasunduan.
• Itaguyod ang mga panlipunang reporma upang matapos ang kahirapan.
• Baguhin ang pulitika tungo sa marangal na paglilingkod ng mga pinuno at
aktibong pakikilahok ng mga mamamayan
• Ipalaganap ang kultura ng kapayapaan at pakikipagkapwa, lalo na sa ibang
grupo, tribu, relihiyon, o paniniwala.
KARAPATAN MO BILANG MAMAMAYAN!
1. Karapatang hindi maaresto kung walang “warrant of arrest”, maliban na lang
kung mahuli sa akto nang paggawa ng krimen.
2. Kung ikaw ay aarestuhin, may karapatan kang ipaalam sa kamag-anak,
kaibigan, o kapitbahay na ikaw ay aarestuhin.
3. May karapatan kang tumawag o humingi ng abogado kung ikaw ay naaresto.
4. May karapatan kang hindi halughugin ang iyong bahay at kagamitan ng
walang “search warrant”.
Build Peaceful Communities!!!
Support and participate in community dialogues.
Take part in establishing zones of peace or sanctuaries of peace.
Know the peace and human rights issues in your communities.
Respect and use community-based or indigenous means of resolving
Promote a Culture of Peace for Children and the Youth!
1. Oppose all forms of violence against youth and children.
2. Condemn violations of human rights and advance structural justice.
3. Work actively against all forms of discrimination.
4. Adhere to non-violent approaches in resolving conflict.
5. Uphold the clamor for determining and shaping the youth’s own identity.