Top Tips to Maximize Your Rhinoplasty Outcome
A list of things to do after your rhinoplasty with Dr. Anil Shah, including
instructions to review and what types of activity to avoid.
1. Do ask any questions about your procedure.
Dr. Shah is available to review any questions via
email, phone or multiple visits to the office to
ensure you are on the same page and that you
are in full understanding of the procedure.
2. Review Pre and Postop Instructions. Dr. Shah
and his office will review these with you as well as
re review them 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
3. Obtain Prescriptions Prior to Procedure.
Prescriptions can be picked up prior to the
procedure to prevent any unnecessary stress on
4. Do Follow Postop Instructions. Review
postoperative instructions and avoid salty food
and adhere to guidelines regarding taping,
exercise and sun exposure (avoid).
5. Don't Pull Anything Out of Your Nose. Your
nose is delicate in the early postoperative period
and pulling crusts from the nose is a bad idea
6. Don't Blow Your Nose. Blowing Your Nose is a
bad idea early on in the healing process.
7. Don't Get Burned. Going in the sun can lead
to excessive swelling and scaring. Don't do it.
8. Don't Run Early. Running is a bad idea early
on as it can prevent bones from healing properly.
9. Do Focus on Other Things. Staring in the
mirror the first week will lead to excess anxiety
and depression. Wait for swelling to dissipate and
watch as the details of the nose emerge in the
next several weeks.