SELLING AND NEGOTIATION
By: ROHIT BASBANAND DHOUNDIYAL
MMS – 1
A - 106
Genesis of Nokia
• Founded in the Year 1865 by “Fredrick
Idestam” in Finland as a Paper
• In 1970’s, Nokia started Activities in
Power & Electronic Business.
• By the Year 1987, Consumer Electronic
became Nokia’s main Business.
• First Mobile Phone Nokia launched
was “Mobira Cityman”.
Nokia in India
Nokia entered the Indian Market in 1994.
Telecom Policies were not Conducive for the Growth of
Mobile Phone Industry.
Competition from other powerful global players like
Motorola, Sony, Siemens and Ericson.
500 million subscribers in India.
Success of Nokia
Reason for Success Story : • Power of Focus.
• Distribution Edge.
• Investment in Manufacturing.
• Building the Brand.
• Products for India.
Current Status of Nokia
Nokia signed a deal with Microsoft in the year 2009.
In the Year 2011, Nokia & Microsoft teamed again to
unveil new Smartphone's.
It was done due to continuous threat from Google Android &
• A Combination of Complementary Assets, which make
partnership truly unique including:
Mapping & Navigation Based Services.
Microsoft to provide Bing Search.
Opening New Nokia branded application store.
• Microsoft will receive loyalty from Nokia.
• Nokia will receive payments measured in Billions of
• Nokia would help drive the future of windows phone.