Genesis of Ashok Leyland
• Formed in the year 1948 by “Mr. Raghunandan Saran” as “ASHOK
MOTORS”, to assemble Austin Cars.
• Renamed & Started Mfg. Commercial Vehicles in 1955 with equity
participation by “LEYLAND MOTORS”.
• 2nd Largest Commercial vehicle company in India.
• Market Share of 28% (2007-2008) in Medium & Heavy Commercial
• Market Leader in Bus Segment , and Claims to carry 60 Million
MR. DHEERAJ G. HINDUJA
MR. R. SESHASAYEE
(EX. VICE CHAIRMAN)
MR. VINOD K. DASARI
It has been able to achieve all this capitalizing on his strengths of:
Providing Superior Value proposition to the Customer .
Having the largest distribution & Service network.
To increase it’s reach to rural India.
Continuous expansion of network partners.
It’s overall portfolio consists of 11 basic models & over 150
variants spanning across all segments of the industry.
It’s foray is into Alternate fuel segment.
Ashok Leyland's Future Plans
Consequently, additional investment in the areas of R&D and
Marketing & Customer interface has been announced.
Major Competitor of Ashok Leyland : • TATA MOTORS
• EICHER MOTORS
Automobile Industry In India
• Sixth largest car and commercial vehicle
mfg. industry in India.
• India mfg. 11 million vehicles every year.
• 34 Billion Dollar turnover.
• Provides Employment to 13 Million people directly & indirectly.
• Automobile Industry is 5% of the Total GDP of India.
• By 2015, Annual vehicles sales has been projected to increase to
20 million .
COMMERCIAL & 3 WHEELER
• 91% Vehicles sold are used by Households.
• 9% Vehicles sold are for Commercial Purpose.
Ashok Leyland provides Commercial Vehicles with World Class
Technology that is relevant, appropriate & affordable.
In an Atmosphere that nurture’s Creativity & Innovation, 1000+
Product development Team seeks to Harness and Adopt
Technology that provide value to Consumers as well as Safety
and Environmental Issue.