• When you fail, you learn a sequence of actions
which did not work. You still do not know
• If you learn, you know what not to do.
• However, to succeed, you still need to focus
on how to improve on what works, rather
• When you fail, you made the choices to that
get you there.
• Owning up to your failure because everyone
makes mistakes is important, or more efforts
may be used to create lies, which may also
• If you blame other people, environment or
other factors for your failure, you don’t learn.
• The world will not change unless you change.
Change yourself if you want to change the
Presence vs. Present
• If you do not try, you will NEVER succeed.
• Life does not end with a failure.
• Having presence in what you love will direct you
through failures and allow you to find a path to
If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to
be present during my success. -- Will Smith
1. Urgent and Important: Do it immediately.
2. Non-Urgent and Important: Decide when
you'll do it.
3. Urgent and Non-Important: Delegate to
4. Non-Urgent and Non-Important: Do it later.
Use your time well, and do not fail because of
Failure is part of the journey
• Everyone fails at some point. It is how you
react to failure and how much you learn that
makes you grow.
• If you tried your best and experimented new
things, there is always chance of failure.
• If you never fail, you never tried anything new.
• Many people fail, the less you pay, the more
they will fail.
• Managing how to deal with failures with
contingency is important, as you assume some
people will fail, and how you manage failures
is key for your success.
• Being able to react to failures well may save
the project as a whole.
Give it your all
• In every important task, give it your all. Don’t
fail and find and excuse for failing.
• There is always more you can do, by calling for
help or getting favors. There is also more to
know by searching and reading up on the
• When there is no excuse and failure happens,
it is easier to take responsibility, learn and
Maintain good communications
• One key factor to all failures is
• When failure is about to happen, people tend
to be quiet.
• When you can offer assistance to parts of
projects which are failing or communicate
when something is not right, failure may be
Enjoy the journey
• Life is like a bus journey, there may be stops or
failure that may delay you to your destination,
but if you learn and live, you are still moving
towards your goal.
Cherish where you've been.
Preserve what you have.
Embrace who you'll be.
• Failure is just part of the journey.
If you have other things about failure, please let
-- Robin Low