Bringing down the silos in an enterprise can be a challenge. It requires grit along with a solid understanding of organization change management and group dynamics.
I had the privilege of supporting two teams this past year, one that was an operations team learning development practices, and a development team that was discovering operations while introducing continuous delivery. Both approached Chef from different viewpoints, but in the end were united by this common tool set.
This talk will cover what I wish I had known a year ago about leading change (with specific examples), including:
- The ups and downs your team will experience.
- Who to put on your full stack team.
- Why empowering teams is hard.
- Where to focus the adoption of new ideas.
- How to make those ideas stick.