Amplifying Timely Content @bonfiremarkting (without the e)
The Growth Of Social Media Users & ContentNumber of Users in 2007: 464,437,000Number of Users in 2012: 1,430,000,000* Social Media Users Worldwide 1,430,000,000 464,437,000 2007 2012ComScore: http://bit.ly/Ix1cBmSearch Engine Watch: http://bit.ly/Jl0B7H *Estimated
• Monthly active users now total 901 million (up from 680 million a year ago).• Daily active users are up to 526 million (up from 372 million last year).• Monthly mobile users now total 488 million.• 300 million photos are uploaded to the site each day.• 3.2 billion Likes and Comments are posted daily.• 125 billion friendships are forged per day.
EdgeRank Algorithm – Relevancy Calculation• Affinity: User relationship• Weight: Type of object (Photo, Video, Link)• Time Decay: The older the content, the lower the score
• Post Photos and Videos: Posts including a photo album, a picture or a video generate about 180%, 120%, and 100% more engagement than the average post, respectively.*• Be Seasonable and Timely: Posts mentioning Independence Day on July 4th generated about 90% more engagement than all posts published on that day.*• Use Bold Visuals In Ads: Top performing ads feature close-up images and a single color that stands out.
1. Larger Reach (organic post only reach 13-16% of PAGE FANS)2. Upgraded Insights3. Low Cost Conversions and Impressions (If done properly) 88.4% $.30 Per Fan Conversion Rate
• Post photos and videos that are compelling, seasonal and relevant• Offer Facebook Fans exclusivity and develop content that is interactive yet simple to comprehend• Allocate advertising budget to Facebook to amplify social marketing efforts
Users 2007: 340,000 - 2,000 new users per dayUsers 2012: 465,000,000 (100,000,000active) – 1,000,000 Accounts addedevery day44% Follow 69% follow 31% followbecause it was because it was because ofsuggested by suggested by promotionsTwitter friendsMediabistro http://bit.ly/I6Vme8
Facts:Only 1.63% of all retweets happenin the second hourOnly 0.94% in the third hour97% of all replies happen within thefirst hour.
• Find a unused content launch date – Days to Avoid: major sporting events, holidays, entertainment award shows, popular TV show premiers, popular movie premiers, Tuesdays (DVD, Book, Music releases) & Fridays (Movie Premiers)• Create tweets using topical and relevant hashtags and measurable hyperlinks – 7 days of tweets at 23 per day (161 planned tweets)• Identify appropriate time zones for largest audience• Do not redundantly repost (auto removes from
• Allocate advertising budget to promote your tweets for 7 days• Allocate budget to promote your profile to follow• Analyze results via link analytics, hashtag usage and follower growth for both Advertising and Organic efforts• Your Goals Should be: – Follower Increase – Increased Click-Throughs – Hashtag Usage – Trending Topic (regional and globally)
Key Takeaways for Twitter Campaigns 1. Stop wasting time and resources on pure organic trend creation 2. Amplify positive brand and trending conversations 3. Strategically use Twitter advertising to save time and resources while increasing your odds to trend
Other Leverage Points• Emerging Networks – Medium – Pinterest – Google+ – SocialCam• Emerging Ad Units – Sponsored Posts – Retargeting – Mobile• Q&A – Quora – LinkedIn Groups