Harvard Consulting Project
(The most robust Augmented Reality
Adstuck US Inc.
‘Making the visual experience magical’
Transition & Evolution
• We are surrounded by millions of images/texts everywhere. An image literally says a thousand words, Adstuck
helps you get more information from these images/text/Objects.
• We provide a platform which integrates rich multimedia with printed content, making the stale print come alive.
Mobile devices with inbuilt camera or any other hardware with camera help us recognize the physical world.
• AR is nothing but integrating physical world with layers of rich information online
• Augmented Reality- is a process by which digital images are overlaid upon real world spaces combines real and
virtual images into one 3D display and lets people interact and manipulate these digital images as if they were in
Newspapers/Catalogues Online news
This led to a decrease in
the circulation of
Thus came the concept
printing with online
Making print media
more informative and
attractive so that it can
sustain for the coming 2
• Alive is a copyrighted software product of Adstuck Inc. It’s a robust
augmented reality software which has multiple capabilities.
• Adstuck is an augmented reality company based out of Delhi. We
have a team of 40 engineers.
• Adstuck has developed award winning platform as a JV with TOI
(Bennet & Coleman group) called ‘Alive’.
Image Recognition Location integration
3D Object AR
ADSTUCK US Inc.
Size of the app
Compressed Histogram of
• Aurasma sells its SDK platform.
• Licensing fees $6000+$250 for 1
• Scanning charges extra.
We sell our Areal/Alive platform at a
nominal $2000 for
augmentation+scanning+liscensing (upto 35
augmentations per week)
Usually images are 100 KB. We
have developed a software
code which converts this into
Thus this 3KB image
size is transferred to
our server and a
particular video link is
entitled to the image.
This video link is streamed
on the mobile of the
Usually this process takes a lot of
time for detection of the image;
because of CHOG we have
decreased image recognition time
from 12s to 2s.
All are servers are cloud
based (AMAZON) & data
center is in Singapore.
Thus we can operate
beyond borders. Backup
data center is in Delhi
Image and Video sent to
Adstuck by B/F/C/M on a
secure server platform
provided by us.
The image and video are
passed through series of
refractions through our
software code to reduce the
Testing of the image and
video by teasting team
on all the platforms and
Content posted on
Used by the consumers
Process takes less
than 1 minute.
OUTSOURCED to India
Used by American consumer
(As we use CLOUD
COMPUTING it doesn’t
matter where the
augmentation is processed.
PM 1 (B2B) PM 2(B2M) PM 3 (B2F)
Marketing team in US
Get contracts and
Strong network with
Indian technical team
Testing team in US
campaigns for educating
the masses of America
Value Chain &
Hitting the US market
We have launched a platform where
consumers can use our patented technology;
that means that they can integrate images
and videos themselves. We plan to charge
1$ for 24 hours. This can be useful for
(Govt. of America has grants for information
enrichment platforms. Getting contracts from
different departments, specially PCORI, DHS,
FDA, Prevention of communicable diseases
- Visting cards
What kind of Innovation are we looking at?
(Architectural + Regular)
What kind of a diffusion process are we looking
at? (Centralized Diffusion)
• Presence on any phone with a camera, whether or
not a smartphone.
• There is no AR company which has such a platform
• Performance time is at par with multinational AR
companies such as HP (Aurasma). 3G time 2s
• Continuation of video after the camera is
removed.(NOT AVAILABLE WITH AURASMA).
• Cost Advantage-As our technical team develops
augmentations back in India, a significant cost
advantage is our USP because of the lower labour
• Network advantage-As AR is based on the network
speed; so US is the ideal market for Adstuck as India
has predominant 2G. So Adstuck US will be having an
edge over Adstuck in developing countries like India.
• Integration of AR with location based analysis for
Core competency (Prahlad)
Adstuck. If we
For this reason we partner with marketing
firms who know the pulse of a nation.
• Middle East-Media Mantra
But as America is a huge market we
wanted to enter this market on our own
and didn't want to share profits.
Even now we would
focus on our skill set
that is technology.
So for the Business
we have appointed
a Director for the US
market so that
marketing does not
steal our focus.
-Secure server (Patented secure server
for sensitive information)
-Weak link in Value Chain is the
communication between marketing and
-Design of the app is not at par with the
competitors in America
-Increase in number of competitors
-Large players entering the market
- Acceptability of AR by masses
Diffusion & Adoption of AR (BASS)
• Adstuck envisions that Augmented Reality should be embedded in the general routine
of Americans, so that they can have access to more and detailed information at all
times. This will help them make better decisions.
• As it is fairly a new technology; rigorous marketing campaigns and mass educational
campaigns should be promoted.
• Population-316386146 (USA)
• Mobile phone users-327577529(Total/104%)
For AR 2013 it’s a SPECIFIC PHASE.
Abernathy/Utterback Dynamics of
Innovation. OLIGOPOLY > MONOPOLY
The innovation journey (Van De Venn)
What kind of innovation journey are we
The technology will mature more with time
and there will be a time that we can integrate
physical space with AR in a fraction of a
Director Innovator Mentor HR
SYSTEMS DOCUMENTATION AND TRAINING SESSIONS!
Teese’s profiting from Technological
1. Appropriate Regimen: Protecting the patent and innovating further on it. Copyrighting all
the technologies. Back in India you cannot patent a software; in US we can.
2. Legal instruments-patents/copyrights/trade secrets.
3. Dominant design has emerged, we should focus on improving the infrastructure (Internet)
4. Process documentation (So that the company becomes Human independent and the
labor depends on the systems and integrates their thinking with the system).
5. Product documentation, and employee trainings.
6. Customer Relationships management.
7. Social media.
8. Contractual mode of working for the US Adstuck.
Competitive strategy & Value Chain
MIS management and
(ATTACH AN MIS)
Strong media information
Testing of the
augmentations on all
platforms and hardwares
Robust integration of the
Marketing & Joint Ventures
Operations streaming R&D
• TQM protocols
• Systems protocol and
integration of chain of systems
into the organization for robust
product and services.
Our target is to attain a mark of $100 million
valuation in a span of 3 years by extensive
marketing in all the areas(F/B/M/C).
• Augmented City-We have plans to partner with the Govt. of
America and augment a city fully; and include its data into
adstucks data base; so that 3D augmentation can we achieved
for the entire city.
• Google glass.
• Enter the hardware industry.
• 3D Holography
• CMMI+ Level 5
• R&D/Acquisition of patents.
• R&D in AR to disseminate the need of a data bank for
augmentation; direct scanning and image finger printing and
connection via the data base of google images. But this requires
really fast internet speeds.
A presentation for Management
of Technology & Innovation
By Prof. Thachenkary