Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 1
EMORY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
STANDARD CURRICULUM VITAE FORMAT
1. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS
2. Emory University School of Medicine
Department of Surgery
Division of Vascular Surgery
1364 Clifton Road NE, STE H-122A
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
3. Telephone: (404) 727.8407 Fax: (404) 727.3316
Indian (H-1B Visa Status)
5. Current Titles and Affiliations:
a. Assistant Professor of Surgery
I. Primary appointments:
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Emory University Hospital, February 2003
Assistant Professor of Surgery, VA Medical Center of Atlanta, February 2003
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Grady Memorial Hospital, February 2003
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Egleston’s Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, February
II. Joint and secondary appointments:
b. Clinical appointments:
Attending Physician, The Emory Clinic, February 2003
Attending Physician, VA Medical Center of Atlanta, February 2003
6. Previous Academic and Professional Appointments:
Assistant Professor of Surgery
University of New Mexico and VAMC
July 1998-June 2000
7. Previous Administrative and/or Clinical Appointments:
Attending Physician, University of New Mexico and VAMC
July 1998-June 2000
9. Specialty Boards:
Diplomat of American Board of Surgery (11-2-99)
Sub-Board: Vascular Surgery (5-15-2001)
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 2
1/31/1991, M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) Madras Medical College & Government
Hospital, M. Dorisaj, MD.
11. Postgraduate Training:
4/1990 –6/1992 General Surgery Residency Training,Bombay, India, Grant Medical College, Sir
Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy Group of Hospitals, -, D.Udwadia, M.D.
7/1992 - 6/1994 – General Surgery Residency Training,Bronx, New York, Lincoln Medical &
Mental Health System, Rao Ivatury, MD.
7/1994 – 6/1998 – General Surgery Residency Training,Youngstown, Ohio, Western Reserve
Care System, Jeff Rubin, M.D.
6/1998 – 6/2000 – Vascular Surgery Fellowship, Cleveland, Ohio, Cleveland Clinic Foundation,
Kenneth Ouriel, M.D.
12. Military or Government Service: (N/A)
13. Committee Memberships:
a. National and International:
Guideline Committee, American Venous Forum (AVF) 2008
b. Regional and State:
Possis Medical; Minneapolis, MN – consultant, 2003
Medtronic/ AVE. Santa Rosa, CA –Proctor, 2003-Present
Bacchus Vascular. Santa Clara, CA – Consultant, 2005-2007
Abbott Labs. National Speakers Bureau – Consultant, 2004-2005
W. L. GORE & Associates, Inc. – Consultant, 2003 - Present
CardioMEMS, Inc. – Consultant, 2005-Present
15. Editorships and Editorial Boards:
1.Journal of Endovascular Therapy. An official publication of the International Society of
Endovascular Specialists (ISES). 2004-2009.
2.International Journal of Angiology. An official publication of the International College of
Surgeons (ICS). 2007
3.Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2008
16. Manuscript reviewer:
Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society 2005 & 2006
Journal of Endovascular Therapy 2006
Journal of Vascular Surgery 2006
International Journal of Angiology 2007
17. Honors and Awards:
Allastair Karmody Award Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery - March 2002
Pacific Venous Symposium – Best Poster Award – 2002
Post Graduate Honors and Awards:
Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) -1998
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 3
The Second Annual Surgical Absorbable Hemostat
Clinical Paper Award for Residents and Fellows
October 14, 1997, Chicago (American College of
Physiology- Certificate of Merit-1991
Physiology- Certificate of Honor-1991
Medicine 3rd Year - Dr.S.K. Sunduram Prize-1992
Ophthalmology-Certificate of Merit-1991
Ophthalmology- Rukmani Memorial Gold Medal
Leprosy- Mohamed Sahib Prize-1992
Cardiology- Dr. Srinivasan Gold Medal-1992
Pediatrics-Savalai Sethuraman Gold Medal 1992
Chest Diseases- Vasudeva Rao Gold Medal-1992
Surgery- 3rd Year- Dr. C.V. James Prize-1992
Surgery- Sibthorpe Prize-1992
Surgery- Chandrasekar Prize-1992
Best Outgoing Student Certificate-1992
18. Society Memberships:
Society for Vascular Surgery, 2004-Present
International Union of Angiology, 2004-Present
Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society, 2004-Present
European Society for Vascular Surgery, 2003-Present
The American College of Surgeons, 2004-Present
International Society of Endovascular Specialists, 2001-Present
International College of Surgeons, 2007-Present
Alpha Omega alpha – 1998-Present
Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery,2003-Present
American Stroke Association, 2004-Present
American Heart Association, 2004-Present
Vascular Society of India, 2005-Present
The Southern Association for Vascular Surgery, 2003- Present
The Southwest Surgical Congress, 2005-Present
Atlanta Surgical Society, 2003-Present
International College of Angiology,2005-Present
The Southern Association for Vascular Surgery, 2003-Present
Georgia Surgical Society, 2005 - Present
American Venous Society, 2006 - Present
Atlanta Vascular Society, 2005 - Present
Rocky Mountain Vascular Surgical Society 2007-Present
American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, 2008
19. Organization of National or International Conferences: (N/A)
a. Administrative positions:
Winter Meeting of Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society, Committee Chairman 2006
ICS-US, (International College of Surgeons) Division of Vascular Surgery, Chair 2007
b. Sessions as chair:
Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society, 2006
Indian Association of Vascular Surgery, 2007
International College of Surgeons, Division of Vascular Surgery, 2007- Present
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 4
20. Research focus:
My focus is on minimally invasive treatment of thoracic dissections and aneurysm. I have been
very active clinically having to cover two hospitals and averaging about 650 operative
procedures/year. This has helped me become the site principal investigator for over 15 new
device trials and most recently I was appointed the national PI for a muticenter thoracic stent graft
study (Medtronic) and a new muticenter abdominal aortic aneurysm study (LeMaitre). My future
plans include independent funding for studies initiated by me (current PI status is for industry
sponsored studies) leading to a seed grant and possibly a NIH grant. I have recently submitted
my first research proposal for independent funding. I have also initiated combined device
development work with Georgia Tech and hope to be able to contribute in the form of new and
innovative devices to treat the growing threat of vascular disease. I would also be moving to
Emory full-time (I currently split my time between Emory and the Atlanta VAMC) that would allow
little more time for involvement in local committees at Emory and The School of Medicine.
22. Grant Support:
a. Active support:
P.I., EV3 Inc, CREATE-Carotid Revascularization with EV3 Arterial Technology Evolution,
$5,769.00/ 0.5, 3/23/2005-3/23/2007.
P.I., Medical College of Ohio, CORAL-Cardiovascular Outcomes in Renal Atherosclerotic
Lesions, $.0.00/ 0.2, 3/01/2005-02/28/2008
Co-P.I., W.L. GORE and Assoc. (Protocol 03-03 TAG) “Evaluation of the Gore Thoracic
Endoprosthesis for Treatment of Descending Thoracic Aneurysms.” 2003.
Co-P.I., Sanofi-Sythelabo Research in a joint development program with Bristol-Myers Squibb,
(CHARISMA) “Clopidogrel for High Atherothrombotic Risk and Ischemic Stabilization,
Management and Avoidance” (Protocol Number EFC4505), 2006.
Co-P.I., W.L. GORE and Assoc. “Treatment IDE for the use of the GORE TAG Thoracic
Endoprosthesis for Subjects with Descending Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms Requiring Surgical
Repair” Protocol Number: TAG 04-02, 2004.
Co-P.I., COOK, INC, Zenith TX2Thoracic TAA Endovascular Graft Clinical Trial, $1,500.00/ 3.0.,
Co-P.I., CardioMEMS, Feasibility Evaluation of the CardioMEMS Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Pressure Sensor System, $5,078/ 0.1, 2004.
P.I., Edward Life Sciences, Resilient, Randomized Study Comparing the Edwards Self-Expanding
LifeStent vs. Angioplasty-alone In Lesions Involving The SFA and/or proximal popliteal Artery,
P.I., EV3 CREATE, Carotid Revascularization with ev3 Arterial Technology Evolution Trial, ev3
SpideRX Embolic Protection Device, 2008.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 5
P.I., NUVELO, NAPA-2, Phase 3, Multicenter, Multi-national, randomized, partial double-blind,
placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of alfimeprase in subjects with acute
peripheral arterial occlusion, 2006.
b. Previous Support
Possis Medical Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota. Use of Rheolytic Thrombectomy Catheter
in Acute Limb-Threatening Ischemia, 2002.
Site PI: Carotid Revascularization with Endarterectomy or Stenting System (CARESS).
Sponsored by ISES, 2001.
Medtronic –World Medical (Talent) “Compassionate Use of the Talent Endoluminal
Spring Stent-Graft System in Patients with Thoracic and Abdominal Aneurysms”.
TALENT thoracic IDE # G020096, 2003.
Site PI: Use of the FINO device for treatment of extensive DVT. Sponsored by
National PI. Muticenter DVT registry for Angioget in the management of symptomatic
DVT. Sponsored by Possis Medical, Minneapolis, MN, 2002.
National PI. Muticenter registry for Trellis in the management of Acute arterial and
venous thrombosis. Sponsored by Bacchus Vascular, Santa Clara, CA, 2003.
Site PI. Trellis 6Fr IA device for acute limb ischemia. Bacchus Vascular – Santa
Site PI. MAVERICK carotid stent trial. Medtronic AVE - Santa Rosa, CA, 2002.
Co-investigator. W.L. Gore and Assoc. (Protocol 03-03 TAG), “Evaluation of the Gore
Thoracic Endoprosthesis for Treatment of Descending Thoracic Aneurysms., 2004.
Co-investigator. Corgentech. Inc. “A Phase III, Multi-Center, Randomized, Double-
Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of the Ex-Vivo Treatment with CGT003-03 of Peripheral
Vein Grafts in Patients Undergoing Peripheral Arterial Bypass Graft Procedures”
Protocol CGT003-03, 2002.
Co-investigator. Jobst Vascular Center. (Toledo Study) “Catheter –Directed
Intrathrombus Thrombolysis with Urokinase and anticoagulation Versus Anticoagulation
alone for acute iliofemoral venous thrombosis: A multicenter, randomized trial,2002.
Co-investigator. Losartan “A Pilot Study of the Efficacy of Losartan on Walking
Distances in Patients with Intermittent Claudication Due to Peripheral Arterial Occlusive
Co-investigator. Carotid Revascularization Endarterectomy vs. Stenting Trial (CREST),
Co-investigator. Effect of Clopidogrel Vs. Placebo, On A Background Of Standard Care
Including Aspirin, In Maintaining The Patency Of Lower Limb Arteries After Angioplasty.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 6
23. Clinical Service Contributions:
24. Formal Teaching:
a. Medical Student Teaching
Mock Oral Exams (3 students once annually), 2003-Present
b. Graduate Program
Dr. Wood’s Rounds, annually, 2003-Present.
Core Curriculum Lecture, annually, 2003-Present
Surgical Grand Rounds, 2004
Journal Club, 2003-Present
Basic Science, 2003-Present
c. Other categories
1. Thoracic stent grafts – Present and Future. Hurst Cardiology Lecture. Emory University
School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA., January 9, 2004.
2. Update on endovascular treatment of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm. EPIC 2004
– Emory Practical Intervention Course, April 30, 2004.
3. Trends in minimally invasive vascular surgery. Emory University Hospital – Grand Rounds,
Atlanta, GA, July 15, 2004.
4. Role of percutaneous interventions for PVD. LE-PAD meeting at Crawford Long Hospital,
Atlanta, GA March 2, 2005.
5. Carotid Stents. Operating room lecture, Emory University Hospital, April 7, 2005
Percutaneous Repair of Aortic dissection and Aneurysm. EPIC 2005 – Emory Practical
Intervention Course, April 29, 2005.
6. Anesthesia monitoring for endovascular procedures. Anesthesia Conference – Emory
University Hospital, July 7, 2005
7. Percutaneous Intervention for PVD. Dr. Wood’s Rounds, Emory University School of
Medicine, October 13, 2005.
8. Current Status of Monitoring AAA Endografts. CardioMEMS. The Emory Clinic, Atlanta,
GA, April 5, 2006.
9. Anesthesia monitoring for endovascular procedures. Emory University Hospital, Anesthesia
Conference, April 6, 2006.
10. Advances in the treatment of PAD. Atlanta Podiatry Institute's 36th Annual Update
Conference. JW Marriott Buckhead Hotel, Atlanta, GA. March 3, 2007.
11. Carotid Artery Stenting.Core Curriculum Conference. Emory University School of
Medicine, April 5, 2007.
12. Emory Experience with Catheter Based Treatment of Aortic Dissection. Emory Practical
Intervention Course Cardiac and Peripheral Intervention, (EPIC). Emory Conference
Center Hotel, Atlanta, GA April 26-28, 2007.
25. Supervisory Teaching:
a. Ph.D. students directly supervised:
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 7
b. Post-doctoral fellows directly supervised:
c. Residency Program
Faculty Advisor in General Surgery Residency Program, Emory University School of Medicine,
26. Lectureships, Seminar Invitations, and Visiting Professorships:
1. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society, Use of a novel covered stent (Viabahn) for
peripheral vascular disease. “New Frontiers in Vascular Surgery”.. Snowmass, CO,
February 1-3, 2003.
2. Boston Scientific - San Diego, CA, Update on the cutting balloon for peripheral
saphenous vein graft registry. Feb 14, 2003.
3. New York Vascular Surgical Society (sponsored by Abbott).Pharmacodynamics of
thrombolytic agents and their clinical application. April 10, 2003.
4. Vascular Fellows Partnership Program by W.L.Gore & Associates. Inc. Covered stents
(Viabahn) for peripheral vascular application. Phoenix, AZ April 12, 2003.
5. (Peter Lin- Baylor, Houston, TX). SWSS. Tucson, AZ. Invited discussant. A prospective
evaluation of interrupted nitinol U-clips in arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis. April 27,
6. Colorado Chapter of the American College of Surgeons Endovascular Tools to Prevent
Early and Late Complications of Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting. May 2-3, 2003.
7. Horizons conference. Saginaw, MI. ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy.
May 14, 2003.
8. St. Clair County Medical Society. Port Huron, MI.New Trends in use of thrombolytic
therapy. May 15, 2003.
9. Troy, MI ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy and mechanical adjuncts.
10. El Paso, TX. ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. June 3, 2003.
11. Idaho Falls, ID. ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. June 16, 2003.
12. St. Joseph, MI ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. June 17, 2003.
13. East Lansing, MI ABcomm. New Trends in the management of acute limb ischemia. June
14. Flushing, MI. ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. June 19, 2003.
15. Missoula, MT. ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. June 24, 2003.
16. Great Falls, MT. ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. June 25, 2003.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 8
17. SVS/AAVS Postgraduate Course – Endovascular surgery: Broadening horizons.
Infrainguinal interventions for occlusive disease: Cutting balloons, stents, peripheral
endografts. June 7, 2003.
18. ABcomm. Denver, CO. Use of percutaneous mechanical adjuncts to thrombolysis. July 16,
19. Phoenix, AZ. ABcomm. New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. July 17, 2003.
20. Boise, Idaho. Treasure Valley Angio Club Meting. New Trends in use of thrombolytic
therapy. August 19, 2003.
21. ABcomm. Missoula, Montana.New Trends in use of thrombolytic therapy. August 20,
22. Grand rounds at the Medical Center of Central Georgia. Macon, GA. The changing face of
vascular surgery. August 27, 2003.
23. ABcomm.New Brunswick, NJ. New trends in thrombolytic therapy. September 3, 2003.
24. ABcomm. New Hyde Park, NY. New trends in thrombolytic therapy. September 6, 2003.
25. ABcomm. South Bend, IN. New trends in thrombolytic therapy. September 10, 2003.
26. Grand Rounds at NorthShore/ Long Island Jewish Hospital. Current trends in thrombolytic
therapy. September 15th, 2003.
27. Western Vascular Society. 18th Annual meeting Kohala Coast, HI, Carotid angioplasty and
stenting: A cardiologists view point. September 20-23, 2003.
28. ABcomm. Salt Lake City, Utah. New trends in thrombolytic therapy. November 12, 2003.
29. Edwards Life Sciences, Orange County, CA.Experience with the Life-Stent. November
30. ABcomm. Tucson, AZ, New trends in thrombolytic therapy. November 20, 2003.
31. Fox Hollow Technologies. Phoenix, AZ, Inside the mind of a vascular surgeon. December
32. Hurst Cardiology Lecture. Emory University School of Medicine. Atlanta, GA Thoracic
stent grafts – Present and Future.. January 9, 2004.
33. Southern Association for Vascular Surgery (SAVS). Rio Grande, PR, Management of
traumatic aortic injuries. January 14-17, 2004.
34. ABcomm. Boulder, CO. Management of Acute Limb Ischemia. February 17, 2004.
35. St. Mary’s Corwin Hospital, Pueblo, CO.Newer trends in the management of acute
thrombus. February 18, 2004.
36. Memorial Hospital, Colorado Springs, CO.New Trends in the use of Thrombolytic Therapy.
February 18, 2004.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page 9
37. Hackensack, NJ. New Trends in the use of Thrombolytic Therapy. April 1, 2004.
38. Sixth Hawaii Vascular Scientific Symposium. Kapolei, Hawaii, When should carotid
stenting be preferred over surgery? April 9th, 2004.
39. Sixth Hawaii Vascular Scientific Symposium. Kapolei, Hawaii, Mechanical
thrombectomy devices for arterial thrombosis disease. April 9th, 2004.
40. Sixth Hawaii Vascular Scientific Symposium. Kapolei, Hawaii,Thoracic aortic
dissections: The case for treatment with stent grafts. April 9th, 2004.
41. The Florida Vascular Society (17th Annual Scientific Meeting), Sarasota, Fl.Setting up an
endovascular practice. April 22-25, 2004
42. The Florida Vascular Society (17th Annual Scientific Meeting), Sarasota, Fl.Work shop of
lytic agents and mechanical thrombectomy devices. April 22-25, 2004.
43. EPIC 2004 – Emory Practical Intervention Course.Update on endovascular treatment of
thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm. April 30, 2004.
44. Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA.Advances in the management of venous
thromboembolism. May 19, 2004.
45. NYU Medical Center. NY, NY.Thrombus management.Vascular Surgery Symposium.
May 21, 2004.
46. SVS Anaheim, CA. Mechanical thrombectomy devices as an adjunct to lytic therapy. June
47. UAB Birmingham, Al.Treating the thoracic aorta.Advanced Endovascular Techniques for
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms and Peripheral Vascular Disease. June 24, 2004.
48. Sherman Hospital, Elgin, IL. DVT Awareness. June 30, 2004.
49. Grand Rounds, Emory University Hospital –Atlanta, GA,Trends in minimally invasive
vascular surgery. July 15, 2004.
50. Southern Regional Health System, Atlanta, GA. Advances in Vascular Surgery, July 21,
51. Richmond Radiology Association. Richmond, VA.Current Status of Thoracic Endografts.
September 28, 2004.
52. St. Louis Vascular Society Meeting. Percutaneous infrainguinal interventions. October 5,
53. Grand Rounds at St. Louis University Medical Center, Mechanical thrombectomy for
acute limb ischemia and DVT. October 6, 2004.
54. Medical Center of Central Georgia Vascular ForumTrends in Carotid Intervention.
October 10, 2004.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
55. Association of Surgical Technologists, Atlanta, GA. Evolution of Vascular Surgery.
October 11, 2004.
56. 17th International symposium on Endovascular Therapy (ISET), Miami, Florida,
Additional Approaches to DVT Lysis. Jan 16-20, 2005.
57. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS) Steamboat, CO.TAG presentation,.
January 30, 2005.
58. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS). Steamboat, CO.SECURITY Carotid
angioplasty and stent data. January 30, 2005.
59. Carotid Arteriography and Access for the Endovascular Specialists, Saint John’s
Cardiovascular Institute Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California,Tools of
the Trade, Inventory for Carotid Work including Rapid Exchange. February 28, 2005.
60. LE-PAD meeting at Crawford Long Hospital in Atlanta, GA Role of percutaneous
invertensions for PVD. March 2, 2005.
61. The future American College of Cardiology (ACC) Orlando, Fl. Thoracic endografts: March
62. Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery (SCVS) inCoral Cables, FL.Thoracic endografts: The
future is now. March 9, 2005.
63. Operating room lecture, Emory University Hospital. Carotid Stents. April 7, 2005.
64. ECD, Washington DC Thoracic endografts and non-atherosclerotic thoracic pathologies.
April 26, 2005.
65. EPIC 2005 – Emory Practical Intervention Course.Percutaneous Repair of Aortic
dissection and Aneurysm. April 29, 2005.
66. AVD Carotid Cross-Training Meeting,The Marriott Las Colinas, Dallas, TX, Diagnostic and
minimally invasive management of carotid disease. May 3, 2005.
67. Vascular Disease 2005, NewYork-Presbyterian, Grand Hyatt, New York City Aortic
debranching to facilitate repair of complex thoraco-abdominal aneurysms.
May 20, 2005.
68. ECD, Washington DC Thoracic endografts and non-atherosclerotic thoracic pathologies.
May 23, 2005.
69. Stanley Crawford Critical Issues Forum. Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS). Chicago,
IL.Coronary Angiography by Vascular Surgeons. June 16-19, 2005.
70. Emory University Hospital, Anesthesia Conference Anesthesia monitoring for
endovascular procedures., July 7, 2005.
71. 47th Annual World Congress of the International College of Angiology, How I do It –
Vascular Surgery Scientific Session, Uncasville, Connecticut, “My Personal Experience in
Repairing Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysms and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms,”
July 23rd – 26th, 2005.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
72. San Diego Endovascular Club. San Diego, CA. Management of complex aortic pathology.
September 20, 2005.
73. 23rd Annual UCLA Symposium: A Comprehensive Review and Update of What’s New in
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. Beverly Hills, CA.Management of complex aortic
pathology. September 28th – October 2nd, 2005.
74. Dr. Wood’s Rounds, Emory University School of Medicine Percutaneous Intervention for
PVD., October 13, 2005.
75. VEITH symposium, NY, NY. Angiojet Thrombectomy with Distal PercuSurge Protection.
November 17, 2005.
76. Gore Aortic Summit. Phoenix, AZ. Endograft management of chronic aortic dissections.,
Jan 12-14, 2006.
77. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS). Park City, UT. Update on SECURITY
carotid stent trail. Jan 27-29, 2006.
78. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS). Park City, UT. New product development
form Gore. Jan 27-29, 2006.
79. Mercer University School of Medicine, Medicine Grand Rounds, Medical Center of Central
Georgia, Macon, Georgia, Endografts for Thoracic Dissections and Thoraco-abdominal
Aneurysms. March 29, 2006.
80. CardioMEMS. The Emory Clinic, Atlanta, GA, Current Status of Monitoring AAA
Endografts. April 5, 2006.
81. Emory University Hospital, Anesthesia Conference, Anesthesia monitoring for
endovascular procedures. April 6, 2006.
82. 13th Annual Vascular Disease Update: Evaluation and Treatment of Vascular Disease.
Holiday Inn Turn, Albany, New York, Endografts for Complex Thoracic Aneurysms and
Non-Aneurysmal Disease. April 8, 2006.
83. 7th Hawaii Vascular Scientific Symposium, JW Marriott Ihilani Resport and Spa, Kapolei,
Hawaii, Should TAG Be Recommended for Uncomplicated Thoracic Aortic Dissections?
April 28-29, 2006.
84. 7th Hawaii Vascular Scientific Symposium, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa, Kapolei,
Hawaii, Will Plaque Atherectomy of the SFA Prove More Effective Than Balloon
Angioplasty or Stenting? April 28-29, 2006.
85. Society for Vascular Surgery(SVS) 60th Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,
Endovascular Aneurysm Repair. June 1-4, 2006.
86. International College of Surgeons, United States Section, 68th Annual Surgical Update –
“Endovascular Therapy for Aneurysmal Disease and Quality and Cost Measurements in
Thoracic Surgery”, Hilton Downtown Nashville, Nashville, Tennessee, Endoluminal Graftin
for Thoacic Aneurysm. June 22-24, 2006.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
87. The Fourteenth Annual Global Cardiovascular Interventions New Devices Seminar,
Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Orlando, Florida Thoracic Sensor Monitoring. ,
July 1-4, 2006.
88. Rocky Mountain Vascular Surgical Society 2006 Annual Meeting. Fairview Lodge, Mesa
Verde National Park, Colorado, Complications during thoracic stent placement.
August 3-5, 2006.
89. Southern Heart Group, Jacksonville,Florida, 100.Angiojet for Acute limb ischemia and
DVT. September 7, 2006.
90. Clinical Applications and Beyond Training Seminar. Four Seasons, Las Vegas, Nevada,
September 28, 2006.
91. The Gulf Coast Vascular Society Annual 2006 Meeting. Wyndham New Orleans at Canal
Place, New Orleans, Visceral Debranching Procedure- An Innovative Technique.
Louisiana, October 5-7, 2006.
92. TCT Challenging Case Competition. Washington, DC, Treatment of TAA in patients with
renal failure. October 27, 2006.
93. Endovascular Summit. Ritz Carlton-Buckhead, Atlanta, GA, SFA stents vs. Athrectomy.
November 11, 2006.
94. Scientific Session 2006, American Heart Association, Chicago, Illinois, New Devices and
Technologies for Patients with Aneurysmal Vascular Disease and Chronic Renal
Insufficiency . November 12, 2006.
95. 33rd Global VEITH Symposium, Vascular and Endovascular Techniques and Horizons,
The Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers, New York, NY, November 15-19, 2006.
96. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society. (PVSS). Steamboat, CO., Vertebral Angioplasty
and Stenting Using Cerebral Protection in Symptomatic Patients. January 26-28, 2007.
97. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS). Steamboat, CO., Future of Endovascular
Techniques. January 26-28, 2007.
98. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS). Steamboat, CO., Innovations for Thoracic
and Abdominal Endografts. January 26-28, 2007.
99. International Congress on Endovascular Interventions, Scottsdale, Arizona Complications
of Thoracic Endografts for Non-Aneurysmal Diseases of the Thoracic Aorta. February 11-
100. Atlanta Podiatry Institute's 36th Annual Update Conference. JW Marriott Buckhead Hotel,
Atlanta, GA. Advances in the treatment of PAD. March 3, 2007.
101. Core Curriculum Conference. Emory University School of Medicine. Carotid Artery
Stenting. April 5, 2007.
102. GORE Sales Meeting. Hilton Atlanta, Atlanta, GA. New Devices in the Management of
PAD. April 10, 2007.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
103. GORE Sales Meeting, The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Greensboro, Georgia. Complications of
Thoracic Endografts for Non-Anuerysmal Diseases of the Thoracic Aorta, April 16, 2007.
104. GORE Sales Meeting, The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Greensboro, Georgia. Advanced Film
Reading/Case Planning/Device Selection. April 16, 2007.
105. GORE Sales Meeting, The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Greensboro, Georgia. Ask the Experts:
What would they do? April 16, 2007.
106. GORE Sales Meeting, The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Greensboro, Georgia. GORE TAG
Device vs. Medtronic Talent Thoracic Device. April 16, 2007.
107. Emory Practical Intervention Course Cardiac and Peripheral Intervention, (EPIC). Emory
Conference Center Hotel, Atlanta, GA Emory Experience with Catheter Based Treatment
of Aortic Dissection. April 26-28, 2007.
108. 20th Annual Meeting of the Florida Vascular Society Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Spa, St.
Petersburg, FL.Hybrid Procedures to Facilitate Endograft Repair of Complex Thoracic
and Thoraco-abdominal Aneurysms. May 5, 2007.
109. University of Augusta Cardiac Surgeons. Augusta, GA.Thoracic Stent Grafts in the year
2007. May 15, 2007.
110. Thoracic Round Table. Spokane, WA. Advanced TAG Procedures.. May 22, 2007.
111. Deaconess Medical Center, Spokane, WA Management of Complex Thoracic and
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Including Dissection and Hybrid Procedures. May 23, 2007.
112. GORE Advanced Thoracic Workshop. Hilton Atlanta-Airport Hotel, Atlanta, GA.Hybrid
procedures for complex thoraco-abdominal aneurysms and complications of thoracic
stent grafts. May 31-June 1, 2007.
113. Post Graduate Course (SVS)Society for Vascular Surgery 61st Annual Meeting. Baltimore,
MD.Gadgets and New Stuff. What Do I Need in My Inventory? June 6, 2007.
114. (SVS) Societyfor Vascular Surgery Annual Meeting, Carotid Symposium. Baltimore,
MD.Step-By-Step Advice on Technical Aspects of CAS for Vascular Surgeons. June 7,
115. Hua Shan Hospital, Shanghai, China. “CAS Practice in the United States” July 2, 2007.
116. Hua Shan Hospital, Shanghai, China. “Neuroproection During Carotid Angioplasty and
Stenting: Comparison of No Protection, Occlusion, or Filters”. July 2, 2007.
117. (RMVSS) Rocky Mountain Vascular Surgery Society 28th Annual Meeting. Cheyenne
Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs, CO. Thoracic Aortic Pathology and Treatment.
August 4, 2007.
118. Medtronic Symposium, Santa Rosa,California, Thoracic Stent Graphs for Dissection.
August 23, 2007.
119. The Next Frontier. Chesapeake Vascular Society, Annapolis, Maryland.Thoracic Stent
Graphs - September 11, 2007.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
120. GORE Sunset Forum. Beverly Hills, CA, Transcending Mechanical Solutions with the
GORE PROPATEN Vascular Graft. Innovations in Vascular Therapy, September 30,
121. An Evening of Clinical Discussion. 1 Station Square, Pittsburgh, PA. Advancements in
the Treatment of Vacular Disease: GORE VIABAHN Endoprosthesis with Heparin
Bioactive Surface and GORE PROPATEN Vascular Graft. October 4, 2007.
122. 14th Annual National conference of the Vascular Society of India (VSICON 2007). Hybrid
Procedures for Endograft repair of complex thoracic & thoraco abdominal aneurysms.
Vadodara, India. October 26, 2007.
123. 14th Annual National conference of the Vascular Society of India (VSICON 2007).
Management of Acute leg ischemia: cuts or catheters? Vadodara, India. October 26,
124. 14th Annual National conference of the Vascular Society of India (VSICON 2007).
Vadodara, India.Pressure sensor to monitor thoracic endograft placement: Us feasibility
study. October 27, 2007.
125. Colorado Springs, CO.The role of thoracic endografting in complex anatomy.
November 4, 2007.
126. GORE Meeting, Denver, CO. The role of Thorcic Endografting in Complex Anatomy.
November 5, 2007.
127. 34th Global VEITH Symposium, The Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers,NewYork, NY,
Use of CardioMeMs Pressure sensor with TEVAR: Can it improve outcomesNovember
128. LeMaitre InvestigatorMeeting,SheratonNewYork Hotel and Towers, New York, NY,First
US Experience with the LeMaitre device. November 15, 2007.
129. Salt Lake City Vascular Symposium, Salt Lake City, Utah, Propaten grafts for limb salvage
and What is new with thoracic stent grafts? December 4, 2007.
130. Forum Health, Western Reserve Care System Surgical Grand Rounds. Youngstown, OH,
Recent Advances in the Endovascular Management of Thoracic Carotid Lesions.
December 20, 2007.
131. W.L. GORE and Associates, Inc. ECD. Milwaukee, WI, Heparin bonded ePTFE for leg
bypass procedures. January 8, 2008.
27. Invitations to National or International Conferences:
28. Other Activities:
Presentation at Peer Reviewed Societies:
1. 6th International congress of Asian Vascular Society Bangalore, India,TAG 03 results of
thoracic stents grafts. Nov 3-6, 2004.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
2. 6th International congress of Asian Vascular SocietyBangalore, India, Multicenter results of
Angiojet for DVT. Nov 3-6, 2004.
3. 6th International congress of Asian Vascular Society Bangalore, India, Multicenter results of
aSpire stents for SFA. Nov 3-6, 2004.
4. 6th International congress of Asian Vascular Society Bangalore, India,Silverhawk athrectomy
for SFA. Nov 3-6, 2004.
5. 2005 SAVS 29th Annual Meeting. Marco Island, Florida, "Peri-Procedural Neurological Events
During Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting: No vs. Partial vs. Complete Distal Protection." Jan
6. AVF (American Venous Forum) 17th Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA. Pharmacological
Thrombolysis Vs. Angiojet Thrombectomy in the Management of Deep Venous Thrombosis
(Poster). February 10, 2005.
7. Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery (SCVS) in Coral Cables, FL. Angiojet thrombectomy with
distal protection using the PercuSurge Balloon. March 9, 2005.
8. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS). Park City, UT. Visceral debranching to facilitate
thoracic and aortic endograft placement. Jan 27-29, 2006.
9. International Society of Endovascular Specialists (ISES). Phoenix, AZ Endografts for complex
thoracic aneurysms. Feb 13-24, 2006.
10. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS) Steamboat Springs, Colorado,Vertebral
Angioplasty and Stenting Using Cerebral Protection in Symptomatic Patients. January 26-28,
11. Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery (SCVS) 35th Annual Symposium, Walt Disney Swan
Hotel, Orlando, Florida,Complications Associated with Thoracic Stent Graft Repair of Acute
Type B Aortic Dissections. March 21-24, 2007.
12. (PVSS) Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society Spring Meeting. Baltimore, MD.EPTFE Covered
Spiral Nitinol Stents (ASPIRE) for SFA Disease. June 9, 2007.
13. Forum Health, Western Reserve Care System Surgical Grand Rounds. Youngstown, OH,
Recent Advances in the Endovascular Management of Thoracic Carotid Lesions. December
1. Ghani A, Kasirajan K, Smith J. Portal 1995, pyelophlebitis- identified by CT scan in a patient
with ischemic bowel. American Surgeon;61(12):1039-1040.
2. Kasirajan K, Cornu-Labat G, Turner JJ, Rubin JR. 1997, Electron microscopic luminal surface
characteristics of carotid plaques. Vascular Surgery;6(31):769-774.
3. Kasirajan K, Lopez J, Lopez R. 1997, Laparoscopic technique in the management of
Spigelian hernia. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques.;7(6):385-
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
4. Erzurum VZ, Kasirajan K, Hashmi M. 1997, Stump appendicitis: a case report. Journal of
Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques,;7(6):389-391.
5. Cornu-Labat G, Ghani A, Smith DJ, McDonald AD, Kasirajan K. 1997, Small bowel
perforation secondary to metastatic breast carcinoma. American Surgeon.;64(4):312.
6. Cornu-Labat G, Kasirajan K, Simon R, Smith DJ, Herman ML, Rubin JR. 1997, Acute
Mesenteric Vein Thrombosis and Pancreatitis. International Journal of
7. Kasirajan K, Obermeyer R, Cornu-Labat G, Hirko MK. 1998, Intracavitary packing with
oxidized regenerated cellulose: a therapeutic option following major liver trauma.
Contemporary Surgery for Residents 1997;5:17.21 and Contemporary Surgery;52:123-127.
8. Kasirajan K, Obermeyer R, Mehta J. 1998 Rectal Dieulafoy’s lesion: diagnosis and
management. Surgical Endoscopy;12(5):625.
9. Kasirajan K, Obermeyer RJ, Lucarelli MR, Hirko MK, Turner JJ, Rubin JR. 1998,
Calciphylaxis: Calcific Angiopathy Resulting in Acral Gangrene. Vascular Surgery.;32(5):447-
10. Kasirajan K, Obermeyer R, Hirko MK, Turner JJ, Rubin JR. 1998, Synchronous Management
of Incidental Neck Masses and Carotid Artery Disease. Vascular Surgery.;32(6):531-534.
11. Kasirajan K, Obermeyer RJ, Kehris J, Lopez J, Lopez R. 1998, Microinvasive laparoscopic
cholecystectomy in the pediatric population. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced
Surgical Technique ;8(3):131-135.
12. Obermeyer R, Kasirajan K, Erzurum V, Chung D. 1998, Necrotizing esophagitis presenting
as a black esophagus. Surgical Endoscopy.;12(12):1430-1433.
13. Kasirajan K, Turner JJ, Hirko MK, Rubin JR. 1999, Is the use of suboptimal saphenous veins
justifiable for limb salvage? Vascular Surgery;33(2):157-162.
14. Kasirajan K, Govindrajan S, Erzurum VZ, Lopez J, Lopez R. 1999, Synchronous Laproscopic
Vasectomy and Hernia Repair. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical
15. Hirko MK, Kasirajan K Turner JJ, Rubin JR. 1999, Propagation of tibial vein thrombosis in
patients systemically anticoagulated or receiving antiplatlet therapy. Vascular
16. Kasirajan K. 1999, Managing tension pneumothorax. Contemporary Surgery.;54(5):265.
17. Kasirajan K, Gray B, Clair DG, Ouriel K. 1999, Mechanical thrombectomy using a rheolytic
thrombectomy catheter for limb-threatening ischemia. American Journal of
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
18. Kasirajan K, Gray B, Ouriel K, Clair A, Nagle A. 1999, Percutaneous thromboembolectomy
using rheolytic thrombectomy catheter. Cardiovascular and Interventional
19. Labat CG, Serra M, Smith A, McGregor WE, Kasirajan K, Hirko MK, Turner JJ, Rubin JR.
2000, Systemic consequences of oxidative stress following aortic surgery correlate with the
degree of antioxidative defences. Annals of Vascular Surgery;14:31-36.
20. Kasirajan K, Ouriel K, Dolmatch B, Clair DG. 2000, Delayed onset of ascending paralysis
following thoracic aortic stent graft deployment. Journal of Vascular Surgery.;31:196-9.
21. Kasirajan K, Ouriel K. 2000, Management of acute lower extremity ischemia; treatment
strategies and outcomes. Current Interventional Cardiology Reports.;2:119-129.
22. Kasirajan K, O'Hara PJ, Gray BH, Hertzer NR, Clair D, Greenberg R, Krajewski LP, Beven
EG, Ouriel K. 2001, Chronic mesenteric ischemia: open surgery vs. percutaneous
angioplasty and stenting. Journal of Vascular Surgery;33:63-71.
23. Kasirajan K, Gray B, Ouriel K. 2001, Percutaneous Angiojet thrombectomy in the
management of extensive deep venous thrombosis. Journal of Vascular and Intervention
24. Kasirajan K, Gray B, Beavers FP, Clair DG, Greenberg R, Mascha E, Ouriel K. 2001,
Rheolytic thrombectomy in the management of acute and subacute limb threatening
ischemia. Journal of Vascular and Intervention Radiology;12:413-421.
25. Kasirajan K, Haskal Z, Ouriel K. 2001, The use of mechanical thrombectomy devices in the
management of acute peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Journal of Vascular and
26. Kasirajan K, Greenberg R, Clair GD, Ouriel K. 2001, Endovascular management of visceral
artery aneurysms. Journal of Endovascular Therapy;8:150-155.
27. Kasirajan K, Marek JM, Langsfeld M. 2001, Mechanical Thrombectomy as a first-line
treatment for arterial occlusion. Seminars in Vascular Surgery;14(2):123-131.
28. Kasirajan K, Marek JM, Langsfeld M. 2001, Behçet’s Disease: Endovascular Management of
a Ruptured Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm. Journal of Vascular Surgery;34:1127-9.
29. Kasirajan K, Marek JM, Langsfeld M. 2002, Endovascular Management of Acute Traumatic
Thoracic Aneurysm. The Journal of Trauma;52:387-390.
30. Kasirajan K. 2002, Regarding “Preprocedural risk stratification: Identifying an appropriate
population for carotid stenting” (Letter). Journal of Vascular Surgery;35:407-408.
31. Kasirajan K, Ouriel K. 2002, Current revascularization options for peripheral arterial disease.
Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing;17:26-34.
32. Marek J, Langsfeld M, Dickinson RB, Tullis MJ, Kasirajan K. 2002, Endoluminal graft repair of
abdominal aortic aneurysm by vascular surgeons at a nonclinical trial center. Vascular and
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
33. Kasirajan K. 2002, Salvage of failed stent-graft: expanded indication for percutaneous
thrombin injection. The American Journal of Surgery;183:600-601.
34. Kasirajan K. 2002, RE: Endovascular management of Iliac Artery Pseudoaneurysm.
Vascular Surgery;36: 331-332.
35. Kasirajan K. 2002, RE: Delayed presentation of traumatic popliteal artery pseudoaneurysm: a
review of seven cases. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg.;24:281.
36. Kasirajan K, Matteson B, Marek J, Langsfeld M. 2002, RE: Endograft limb occlusion and
stenosis after ANCURE endovascular abdominal aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg;36(4):869-70.
37. Balduf LM, Langsfeld M, Marek JM, Tullis MJ, Kasirajan K, Matteson B. 2002, Complication
rates of diagnostic angiography performed by vascular surgeons. Vasc Endovasc
38. Kilaru S, Korn P, Kasirajan K, Lee TY, Beavers FP, Lyon RT, Bush HL, Kent KC. 2003, Is
carotid angioplasty and stenting more cost effective than carotid endarterectomy? J Vasc
39. Kasirajan K, Arata M, Swischuk J, Wellons E, Matsumura J, Hunter D, Cazenave C. 2003,
Rheolytic thrombectomy for management of deep venous thrombosis. J Endovasc Ther;10:
40. Kasirajan K, K, Ramaiah V, Arko F, Fogarty T. 2003, Trellis in the management of limb-
threatening ischemia. J Endovasc Ther;10: (supplement 1):24-25.
41. Kasirajan K, Matteson B, Marek J, Langsfeld M. 2003,Comparison of non-neurological events
in high-risk patients treated by carotid angioplasty versus endarterectomy. The American
journal of Surgery ;185:301-304.
42. Bo Eklof, Kasirajan K. 2003, Treating proximal deep vein thrombosis. Endovascular
43. Kasirajan K, Ramaiah V, Diethrich EB. 2003, The Trellis thrombectomy system in the
treatment of acute limb ischemia. Journal of Endovascular Therapy;10(2):317-321.
44. Kasirajan K, Matteson B, Marek J, Langsfeld M. 2003, Technique and results of Transfemoral
superselective coil embolization of type II lumbar endoleaks. J Vas Surg;38(1):61-66.
45. Kasirajan K, Matteson B, Marek J, Langsfeld M. 2003, Covered Stents for True Subclavian
Aneurysms in Patients with Degenerative Connective Tissue Disorders. Journal of
46. Dietl CA. Kasirajan K. Pett SB. Wernly JA. 2003 Off-pump management of aortic arch
aneurysm by using an endovascular thoracic stent graft. Journal of Thoracic &
47. Kasirajan K, Schneider PA, Kent KC. 2003, Emboli Protection Filters for Cerebral Protection
during Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting. Journal of Endovascular Therapy;10:21-27.
48. Kong LS, Kasirajan K, Milner R. 2003, Popliteal artery aneurysms. Endovascular
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
49. Kasirajan K, Heffernan D, Langsfeld M. 2003, Acute thoracic aortic trauma: A comparison of
endoluminal stent grafts with open repair and nonoperative management. Annals of Vascular
50. Kasirajan K, Schneider PA. 2004, Early outcomes of “cutting” balloon angioplasty for
infrainguinal vein graft stenosis. Journal of Vascular Surgery;39:702-8.
51. Kasirajan K, Mascha EJ, Heffernan D, Sifuentes J. 2004, Acute Intestinal Gangrene:
Determinants of in-hospital mortality and length of stay. The American Journal of
52. Schneider PA, Silva MB, Bohannon T, Kasirajan K, Caps MT, Nelken N. 2005, Safety and
efficacy of carotid arteriography in vascular surgery practice. J Vasc Surg;41:238-45.
53. Kasirajan K. 2005, What Is the Latest in Inventory for Carotid Stenting and Cerebral
Protection? Perspectives in Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy;17(2) 135-143.
54. Burke RM, Rayan SS, Kasirajan K, Chaikof E, Milne R. 2006 Jan-Feb, Unusual case of right-
sided May-Thurner syndrome and review of its management.
55. Milner R, Kasirajan K, and Chaikof, E. 2006, Recommended clinical competencies for
initiating a program in endovascular repair of the thoracic aorta. Journal of Vascular
56. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, Ross Milner, MD, and Elliot L. Chaikof, MD, PhD, 2006, Late
complications of thoracic endografts. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2006;17:94A-99A.
57. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD. Thoracic Endografts: Procedural Steps, Technical Pitfalls and
How to Avoid them. Seminars in Vascular Surgery.: 19:3-10.
58. Kong LS. MacMillan D. Kasirajan K. Milner R. Dodson TF. Salam AA. Smith RB 3rd. Chaikof
EL. 2005 Oct., Secondary conversion of the Gore Excluder to operative abdominal aortic
aneurysm repair. [Journal Article. Multicenter Study] Journal of Vascular Surgery. 42(4):631-
59. Corso JE. Kasirajan K. Milner R. 2005 Jun, Endovascular management of ruptured, mycotic
abdominal aortic aneurysm. American Surgeon. 71(6):515-7,.
60. Kasirajan K. 2006, Angiojet thrombectomy with distal protection device for acute iatrogenic
limb ischemia. Vascular;13 (1): S12-13.
61. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, Ross Milner, Elliot L. Chaikof. 2006 Feb, Late complications of
thoracic endografts. J Vasc Surg.;43 Suppl A:94A-99A.
62. K Kasirajan, R Milner, E Chaikof: 2006, Aortic Debranching to Facilitate Endograft Repair of
Complex Thoracoabdominal Aneurysms. Journal of Endovascular Therapy 13:SuppI: I-1-40.
63. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan. March/April 2006, Aortic Debranching Can Aid Endovascular
Repair of TAA. Vascular Specialist (2);2 Pg 1.
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
64. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan. April 2006, Endografts Aid Repair of Complex AA. Vascular
Surgery (2);4 Pg. 13.
65. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, Ross Milner, Elliot L. Chaikof. June 2006, “Combination Therapies
for DVT”. Seminars in Vascular Surgery –19(2):116-121.
66. Ross Milner, Karthik Kasirajan, Elliot L. Chaikof. June 2006, “Future of Endograft
Surveillance”. Seminars in Vascular Surgery –19(2): 75-82.
67. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, Ross Milner, Thomas F Dodson, Robert B Smith, Atef Salam, Elliot
Chaikof. 2006, Neuroprotection During Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting: Comparison of No
Protection, Occlusion, or Filters. International Jounal of Angioology 14:1-5.
68. K Kasirajan. February 2007, Complications of Thoracic Endografts for Non-Aneurysmal
Diseases of Thoracic Aorta. Journal of Endovascular Therapy. 14(Supplement 1).
69. Karthik Kasirajan. May 2007, Visceral debranching to facilitate repair of complex thoracic
and thoracoabdominal aneurysms. Future of Cardiology. Vol. 3, No. 3, Pgs. 271-281..
70. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan. June 2007 Commentary on “Complicated Acute Type B Dissection
and Endovascular Repair: Indications and Pitfalls”. Perspectives in Vascular Surgery and
Endovascular Therapy. Vol. 19 No. 2, Pgs. 160-161..
71. Karthikeshwar Kasirajan. October 2007, Endovacular Repair of the Thoracic Aorta: The
TEVAR Roundtable. Supplement to Endovascular Today.
72. Karthik Kasirajan, MD. November 2007, Pressure Sensors to Monitor Thoracic Stent Graft
Procedures Anadvantageous alternative to CT. Endovascular Today. Vol. 6. No. 11, Pgs. 88-
73. Peter A Schneider MD, Karthik Kasirajan, MD. 2007, Difficult Anatomy: What Characteristics
AreCritical to Good Outcomes of Either CEA or CAS? Seminars in Vascular Surgery –
December 20 (4):Pgs. 216-225..
a. Published and accepted research articles (clinical, basic science, other) in refereed journals:
b. Manuscripts submitted:
c. Review articles:
d. Symposium contributions:
e. Book chapters:
1. Kasirajan K. O’Hara PJ. 2000, Renal Ectopy and Renal Fusion in Patients Requiring
Abdominal Aortic Operations. In Ernest & Stanley, Current Therapy in Vascular Surgery. 4th
Edition, Copyright by Mosby-Year Book, Inc, pp 257-262.
2. Kasirajan K. Ouriel K. 2000 Repair of Femoral and Popliteal Artery Aneurysms. In Nyhus,
Baker and Fischer Mastery of Surgery. 4th Edition. Copyright by Little, Brown and Company,
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
3. Kasirajan K. Ouriel K. 2001, Vascular Malformation and Arteriovenous Fistula. In Greenfield,
Lillemore, Mulholland, Oldham, and Zelenock, Surgery: Scientific Practices and Principles, 3rd
Edition, Copyright by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, pp 2049-2057.
4. Kasirajan K, Marek J, Langsfeld M. 2006, Arterial Prosthesis. In Johnson and Virgo The
Bionic Patient: Health Promotion for People with Implanted Prosthetic Devices. 1st Edition,
copyright by Human Press Inc,, pp 437-488.
5. Kasirajan K. 2004, Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting: How I do it. In Schneider, Bohannon,
and Silva. Carotid Interventions. 1st Edition, copyright by Marcel Dekker Inc., pp 149-164.
6. Kasirajan K. Mechanical Thrombectomy of Peripheral Arterial and venous Occlusions. In
Ouriel, Katzen, and Rosenfield. 2006, Complications in Endovascular Therapy. 1st Edition,
copyright by Marcel Dekker Inc.,
7. Kasirajan K, Ouriel K. 2004, Arterial Thromboembolism.. In Rutherford et al. Vascular
Surgery. 6th Edition, copyright by W.B. Saunders.
8. Kasirajan K. 2006, Treatment of Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia. In Lubin, Smith, Dodson,
Spell and Walker. Medical Management of the Surgical Patient. Fourth Edition, copyright J.B.
Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, PA., pp 623-626.
9. Kasirajan K, Smith RB. 2005, Acquired Diseases of the Aorta. In Rakel, and Bope. Conn’s
Current Therapy. 57th Edition, copyright by W.B. Saunders, pp 323-328.
10. Kasirajan K. 2004, Cerebral Protection Devices: What are the Options? Advances in Vascular
Surgery, Vol II. Copyright, by Elsevier Sciences, pp 47-50.
11. Kasirajan K. 2006, Complications Associated with the Use of Percutaneous Mechanical
Thrombectomy Devices. Complications in Endovascular Therapy, Taylor & Francis Group.,
12. Kasirajan K. 2007 Year Book of Vascular Surgery, Contributing Editor. Copyright by Elsevier
f. Books edited and written:
g. Book reviews:
h. Manuals, videos, computer programs, and other teaching aids:
i. Other publications:
[May include published abstracts]
1. Kasirajan K. Use of a novel thrombectomy device (Trellis) for extensive deep venous thrombosis.
2. Kasirajan K. Cutting Balloon for Treatment of Peripheral Femoral to Popliteal Saphenous Vein
Graft Stenosis. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Kasirajan K. ePTFE Covered, Self Expanding Stent for Treatment of Traumatic Subclavian Artery
Karthikeshwar Kasirajan, MD, FACS Page
4. Kasirajan K. Use of a Novel ePTFE Covered Spiral Stent (Aspire™) For Treatment of Superficial
Femoral Artery Stenosis. email@example.com
5. Salvage of Prior Failed Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting with Distal Protection Using the
PercuSurge Device. firstname.lastname@example.org