1. Science and technology are strongly correlated and
complementary; technology is the result of the
science, and science is the result of technology.
2. Science and technology plays in important role in the
development of a country, including education.
3. There are approaches and methods keep being
developed as the height of the growth of desire and
awareness to put students at the best place of
4. E-learning incorporates science and technology to
education. According to Zemsky and Massy (2004)
agree that tend to neglect the quality of material and
curriculum delivered through e-learning.
Understanding concept, mechanism,
an approach need to be sharpened
so students will achieve their best E-
learning. E-learning as a potential
approach in three main things;
E-learning future potency
E – learning is a means of education that
incorporates self – motivation,
communication, efficiency, and technology.
(Comerchero 2006: 19)
E – learning is efficient as it eliminates
distances and subsequent commutes.
E – learning content is designed with media
that can be accessed from properly
equipped computer terminals, and other
means of internet accessible technology.
1. E- learning is one of education medium
through classroom or distance learning
which grounded on behaviorism and
2. E – learning is a unique education form.
3. Learning tools must reflect pedagogical
4. E – learning will be success through
education or pedagogical innovation
5. E – learning can be applied by two ways:
presenting material and facilitating learning
6. Learning media will work if the education
model is chosen and integrated carefully.
7. The use of technique or method must be
considered whether the learning process will
be delivered on-line or off-line.
8. Good effective learning process considers
wisely how users (students) involved.
9. E – learning implementation puts education
nature at the first place (enables student to
achieve instructional goals.)
10. Pedagogical benefits are the base of e-
Bates (2009) mentions some purposes of
1. To increase students’ learning
opportunity and flexibility.
2. To enhance general quality.
3. To develop skills and competencies.
4. To meet various learning styles or
5. To improve learning cost
E-learning could be delivered through
several technologies such as e-mail, mailing
list, asynchronous conferencing, podcast, on-
line video, collaborative video, synchronous
conferencing, blog, wikis, social networking,
social bookmarking, slide show, virtual world,
really simple syndication, micro-blogging,
and interactive white board.
There are several elements in delivering e-
1. Multimedia utilization
E-learning approaches may be delivered in
the following ways:
1. Distance learning
2. Computer-based training or learning
3. Technology enhanced training (TEL)
4. Computer-supported collaborative learning
1. Convenience and flexibility
2. More effective and efficient learning
experience and opportunity
3. Dynamics and qualified education system
4. Improving personal and institutional
Productive results of ICT utilization is
determined by inter-correlated four
components, in which the absence of one
aspect will potentially leads to deficiency:
There are some positive factors that potentially
support the applicatin of E-learning application in
1. ICT becomes more familiar for both teacher and
2. Hardware and software which is getting more
modern and affordable
3. Telecommunication and broadband enable big
capacity of data being transferred
4. Government has committed to support ICT-based
Through the ICT utilization in learning, students
are expected to be able to :
1. Improve their technology literacy
2. Hone their quality to stumble upon the
intense globalizing competitions.
3. Achieve best result and benefit successfully
4. Improve education in Indonesia as well as
science and technology leteracy.