There are occasions every month you
can take advantage of to offer discounts
and special events that will bring more
customers into your store. See what’s
going on each month that you can use
as an opportunity to attract shoppers.
• NEW YEAR’S: A new year means another year of
• MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY: National holidays
are always incredibly busy because of the amount
of people who have the day off. Draw those who
have the day off into your store with a promo.
• TAX-MAS (FEBRUARY-MAY): People receive their
tax returns during this time, which means they
have some extra spending money in their pockets!
Make them want to spend it at your store.
• VALENTINE’S DAY: This day is a great opportunity
to spread the love and show appreciation for your
customers by offering a discount.
• PRESIDENT’S DAY: This national holiday means a
lot more people will be out and about. Give them a
reason to get out of the house in February!
• ST. PATRICK’S DAY: A fun occasion to decorate
your store and make it a party!
• FIRST DAY OF SPRING: Plant flowers out front and
make your store “springy” and inviting! If you’re
still looking to get rid of some of your winter
inventory, you could have a “spring cleaning” sale
in your store.
• APRIL FOOL’S DAY: Play friendly and harmless
pranks on your customers!
• MARATHON SEASON: If you are a specialty
running retailer, your busy season is starting!
Have you thought about throwing a party for the
running community or offering deals on running
• CINCO DE MAYO: Celebrate this Mexican holiday
by decorating your storefront and offering
refreshments to get people to come in and shop
• MOTHER’S DAY: Everyone is on the search for a
gift to give their mother. Help them to make this
Mother’s Day a meaningful one.
• MEMORIAL DAY: Most people have this federal
holiday off from work. Offer a Memorial Day sale!
• FATHER’S DAY: Think about offering a promotion on
all inventory that would make good gifts for dads.
• FIRST DAY OF SUMMER: Kick off summer by having
refreshments, snacks, and a sale at your store!
• INDEPENDENCE DAY: Show your pride and
celebrate our country’s independence by decorating
your store with everything red, white, and blue!
Make your store and deals stand out.
• BACK TO SCHOOL: With all the kids heading back
to school, you can end summer with a bang! People
are always on the hunt for the best end-of-summer
• TAX FREE WEEKENDS: Customers are incentivized
to flock to your store during this period of time to
save money and take advantage of not paying sales
tax. Give them a reason to stay and spend more.
• LABOR DAY: There are always many Labor Day
sales in the beginning of September. Make yours
• FIRST DAY OF FALL: Make your store “fall festive”
and serve hot apple cider and donuts!
• COLUMBUS DAY: While this holiday isn’t celebrated
consistently across the nation, many people have
the day off. Be prepared for some extra traffic to
• HALLOWEEN: Use this holiday to go all out! Serve
candy, have your employees dress up, and offer a
spooky special deal.
• THANKSGIVING: With all of the retail events
surrounding Thanksgiving, you should take full
advantage! But don’t forget to promote your deals.
• BLACK FRIDAY: Don’t miss out on a chance to have
a unique deal to get people into your store.
• SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: Partner with other
small businesses in your community to encourage
shoppers to stop by your store on this day.
• CYBER MONDAY: If you have an ecommerce site,
make sure you are promoting your Cyber Monday
• FIRST DAY OF WINTER: Create a special deal
during the holidays for the winter solstice.
Celebrate the holidays without making it religious.
To learn about becoming a more effective
marketer for your retail store,
CLICK HERE ▷