Successfully reported this slideshow.
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF
SEMINAR REPORT ON
• System Requirements
• Basic Features
• Setting up iCloud
• iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing
service from Apple Inc. launched on October 12,
• The service allows users to store data such as music
or iOS applications on remote computer servers.
• Previously been branded as:
– iTools in 2000
– .Mac in 2002
– MobileMe in 2008
• Announced on June 6,2011, at the 2011 Apple
Worldwide Developers Conference(WWDC).
• Official website, www.icloud.com, went live in early
August for Apple Developers.
• On Oct 12, 2011 iCloud became available to use via
an iTunes update.
Anything you purchase from the iTunes Store,
App Store, and iBooks Store is automatically
available on all your devices. You can also
access past purchases from any of your devices.
• iOS device running iOS5.X or later or a Mac
running OS X 10.7.2 “Lion” or later to create a
• Synchronizing with a PC requires Windows
Vista(Service Pack 2) or Windows 7 using
iCloud Control Panel.
• Online access to iCloud requires a compatible
• Backup settings and data on iOS devices running
iOS5 or later.
• Data backed up include:
– App data
• Occur daily when device locked and connected to
Wi-Fi and a Power source.
BACK TO MY MAC
• Allow users to log in remotely to other
computers that have Back To My Mac enabled
and are configured with the same Apple ID.
FIND MY FRIENDS
• Users can follow & track people
• Share their location
• Location determined when location services
are turned ON.
• Notification appears when a user requests
another user to see where they are.
FIND MY IPHONE
• Allow users to track the location of their iOS devices or
Mac if lost.
• User can do following:
– Locate device on map
– Play a sound
– Use Lost Mode
– Remotely erase all personal information
• New feature “Actication Lock”. Apple ID & Password
required before anyone can:
– Turn off Find My iPhone
– Sign out of iCloud
– Erase & reactivate your device
• Functions as a secure database
• Includes information including user’s website
login passwords, Wi-Fi network passwords &
other account data.
• Securely stored for quick access & auto-fill on
• Stored encrypted using 256-bit AES
• Customers can scan & match tracks in their
iTunes library with those in iTunes Store.
• No need to purchase said tracks.
• 3 apps form Apple’s iWork suite:
– Pages(create & edit documents)
– Numbers(create & edit spreadsheets)
– Keynote(create & edit presentations)
• Allow users to store most recent 1000 photos on
iCloud servers upto 30 days free of charge.
• When a photo is taken on a device with Photo
Stream enabled, it is automatically uploaded to
the iCloud servers; from there, it is automatically
pushed to the rest of device you have got.
• Also lets user share photos with people they invite
when having created a shared photostream.
• Keeps tabs you’ve open in Safari up to date on
your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch & Mac.So you
can pick up browsing wherever you left off.
• Saves web pages.
• Keeps bookmarks in sync between Safari on
iOs devices &on Mac as well as Internet
Explorer,Firefox or Google Chrome on PC.
• 5GB of free storage
• Additional storage can be purchased in tiers of
10,20 or 50 GB-50GB being maximum.
• Amount of storage shared across all devices
per iCloud Apple ID.
SETTING UP ICLOUD
Google Drive Microsoft SkyDrive Dropbox Apple iCloud
15GB free space 7GB free space 2GB free space 5GB free space
File Size Limit:10GB 2GB Unlimited(via
Best for: Storage
space and web apps
• Apple’s iCloud can automatically synchronize
data from Macs, PCs and iOS devices, which
can help people who are forced to deal with
multiple computer worlds.