PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINESPHASE 1 – 16 MW
I. THE MINDORO ADVANTAGEPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
1. Strategic Location o Nearest island to Metro Manila and CALABARZON o Located at the center of the Philippines. Luzon Metro Manila o Oriental Mindoro serves as the main link CALABARZON to Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao thru the Nautical Highway. MINDORO Visayas Mindanao Calapan City Port Dangay Port oin Roxas, Oriental MIndoroPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
2. Geographical Advantage in Size/Area Mindoro is the 7th largest island in the Philippines. Land Area Province ( in sq. km.) Batangas 3,165.80 Cavite 1,287.60 Laguna 1,759 .00 Rizal 1,175.96 Total 7,388.36 Land Area Province ( in sq. km.) Or. Mindoro 4,364.72 Occ. Mindoro 5,879.90 Total 10,224.62PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
3. Abundant Natural Resources o Oriental Mindoro – with protected watersheds o Rich fertile land suitable to massive agro-industrial development. o Most ideal for agro-eco-tourism (green mountains, clean lakes and rivers, and white sand beaches. o Rich in minerals such as gold, nickel, marble, and others.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
4. Environmental Protection o Preserved watersheds with strong rivers for hydropower, irrigation, and mineral free flow waters. o Comprehensive Land Use Plan that indentifies geo-hazard areas. o Successful implementation of laws against illegal logging, illegal mining, illegal fishing, etc. Free flowing mineral water in the province. o Awarded by Asian Development Bank (ADB) as Most Successful Reforestation Program in the Philippines under Low Income Upland Community Projects (LIUCP). o Naujan Lake (13,000 has.)- the cleanest lake in the Philippines. Naujan Lake is one of the cleanest lakes in the PhilippinesPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
5. Strong Agro-Industry – To be the Food Basket of the Philippines. o Today, Mindoro is considered as the: 1. Rice Granary of the Philippines. 2. Calamansi King. 3. Banana (cassava variety) King. o Best site for Aquaculture o Best site for upland and lowland farming.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
5. Political Stability and Peace and Order o Good working relationship among National and Local Officials including NGOs.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
6. Infrastructures. o Concrete National Highways o Completed Vital National and Provincial Bridges o Implementation of Flood Mitigation Projects. o Farm to Market Roads. o Schools, Hospitals and Other Facilities for Social Services. o Commercial and Housing DevelopmentPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Strong Tourism Potential – To be the Eco-tourism Capital of the Philippines. o Beach Resort Development with about 300 kms. shoreline. o Lake Naujan – cleanest lake in the Philippines o Puerto Galera – Tourism Capital of Oriental Mindoro o Bulalacao – next tourism capital of Mindoro in the south.. o Mt. Halcon – 8,488 ft. above sea level, Temperature; Day : 12-18˚C, Night : 4-12˚CPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
List of 35 Waterfalls in Oriental Mindoro 1. Tamaraw Waterfalls, 19. Tabunan Water Falls, 2. Aninuan Water falls, 20. Enchanted Water Falls, 3. Binaybay Water Falls, 21. Bosai Water Falls, 4. Lambingan Water Falls, 22. Campamento Water Falls 5. Agsambalilo Water Falls, 23. Cawa-Cawa Water Falls, 6. Paspasin Water Falls, 24. Walang Langit Water Falls 7. Raymundo Water Falls, 25. Manihala Water Falls, 8. Ibuye Water Falls, 26. Talse(Molo) Water Falls, 9. Kaguinto Water Falls, 27. Tangisan Water Falls, 10. Bayanan Water Falls, 28. Agpayan Water Falls, 11. Lantuyang Water Falls, 29. Campana Water Falls, 12. Paitan Water Falls, 30. Tangisan Water Falls, 13. Arangin Water Falls, 31. Agpayan Water Falls, 14. Karacha Water Falls, 32. Campana Water Falls, 15. Taguan Water Falls, 33. Matang Pugita WaterFalls 16. Arambyaw Water Falls, 34. Cabugno Falls 17. Maradyong Water Falls, 35. Bagong Sikat Falls 18. Talon Water Falls,PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Long Term Program Under Mindoro Vision 2020 Food Basket of the Philippines Agro-Eco-Tourism Capital of the Philippines Producer and Exporter of Power and Energy Productive and Self-Reliant People Living in an Ecologically Balanced EnvironmentPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
II. OR. MINDORO POWER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
A. Oriental Mindoro Power Demand Forecast 1. Type of Forecast a. ORMECO DEMAND FORECAST Forecast is based on an average minimal increase of power consumption ranging from 4% to 7 % per year. b. ORMINVEST FORECAST Forecast is based on development programs i.e. eco-tourism and agro-industrial development, commercial and housing programs. An estimated increase in power demand is projected at 20% per year. Note: ORMECO - Oriental Mindoro Electric Cooperative ORMINVEST – Oriental Mindoro Investments, Inc.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
B. Alternative Sources of Renewable Energy A. HYDRO POWER: San Teodoro 50 MW Baco 25 MW Naujan 20 MW Victoria 25 MW Bongabong 20 MW Bansud 10 MW Occidental Mindoro, 20 MW Combined Capacity 160 MW Note: 39 WATERFALLS HAVE YET TO BE B. WIND EXPLORED FOR HYDROPOWER PROJECT. POWER: c Puerto Galera power resources.48MW for hydro c Victoria 20 MW Bulalacao 40- 70 MW c Abra de Ilog 10- 20 MW Combined Capacity 118-158 MW C. GEO-THERMAL: Naujan 20- 70 MW RENEWABLE ENERGY SITES GRAND TOTAL 300-388 MWPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
III. MINDORO POWER PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT UPDATESPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
1) Electrification Level in Oriental Mindoro (As of October, 2011) Barangays Sitios City/Municipality UnEnergize Potential Energized % Potential Energized % d Calapan City 62 62 100 347 337 97.12 10 Naujan 70 70 100 403 320 79.40 69 Victoria 32 32 100 195 157 80.51 38 Baco 27 27 100 157 117 74.52 40 San Teodoro 8 8 100 69 35 50.72 34 Puerto Galera 13 13 100 74 41 55.41 29 Socorro 26 26 100 175 123 70.29 52 Pola 23 23 100 153 93 60.78 62 Pinamalayan 37 37 100 237 192 81.01 45 Gloria 27 27 100 189 131 69.31 58 Bansud 13 13 100 92 43 46.74 42 Bongabong 36 36 100 224 131 58.48 81 Roxas 20 20 100 135 111 82.96 12 Mansalay 17 17 100 77 44 57.14 22 Bulalacao 15 15 100 48 27 56.25 21 Totals 426 426 100 2575 1903 73.90 613 Source: ORMECO, Inc. Note: All 426 Barangays are energized. However, Electricity Rates as of April, 2012: 26.10% of all the 2,575 Sitios are still unenergized. Commercial P11.43/kwh Public Buildings P11.15/kwh Pres. Aquino promised to fully energized the Residential P12.42/kwh Street Lights P13.24/kwh province by 2016. Industrial P11.04/kwhPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
2) 4.2 MW Hydro Power Project in San Teodoro, Or. Mindoro. LINAW-KAWAYAN MINI-HYDRO POWER PLANT Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) Loan extended to ORMECO. Photo was taken during the Groundbreaking Ceremony.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
CEREMONIAL SWITCH ON with PRES. AQUINO and Sec. ALMENDRAS 2.1 MEGAWATTS LINAW-KAWAYAN MINI-HYDRO PROJECT CEREMONIAL SWITCH ON - MARCH 02, 2012 Other Officials: CONG RGV, GOV. BOY UMALI, CONG. REY UMALI, AND OTHERS.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
3. Diesel Bunker Power at Calapan City 6.4 MW A P400 MILLION POWER DEVELOPMENT IN 2011PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
APPLICATION OF NGCP TO ERCFiled: August 1, 2011with ERC Case No. 2011-108Supported bY:H.R. No. 56 by: Hon. RGV Resolution No. 11-41 of Board ofDirectors, ORMECOResolution No. 36-2011 of Boar dof Directors, OMECONGCP has included the Projectunder the name “Luzon-MindoroInterconnection Project” as part of2009-2010 TransmissionDevelopment Plan. PAGE 3 PAGE 2 1 PAGE
APPLICATION OF NGCP TO ERCBased on DOE, about 203 MWgeneration capacity is targeted to beinstalled in Mindoro up to year 2016.Interconnection Scheme:1)Via Batangas – 230 KV Substation2)Via Ilijan – 500 KV Sub-stationNGCP proposes Option 1 – 230 KV viaBatangas with a project cost estimateof P10.99 Billion. PAGE 3 PAGE 4
APPLICATION OF NGCP TO ERCNGCP prays for ERC to:1)Issue Provisional Authority toImplement BMIP2)Approve the Application forImplementation of BMIP
Batangas-Mindoro Submarine Cable Project Under H.R. No. 56 4. Project Benefits: a. Reliability of Power Supply in Mindoro will improve b. Cheaper Power for All c. Mindoro Grid will become part of NGCP Operation thus will strengthen the Transmission d. Mindoro will become conducive for expanding business in tourism, manufacturing and other industries thereby improving the economy of the island. e. Possible development of coal-fired power plants since Mindoro is rich in coal resources.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
IV. MINDORO RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM, IN SUPPORT TO NATIONAL POWER PROGRAM OF PRES. AQUINO.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
1. The Mindanao Power Crisis. o Higher Electricity Cost or No Electricity. o Power Supply deficit up to 270 MW o Earliest to set up new power plant, 2014. o Problem could have been prevented if gov’t decided to invest in RENEWABLE ENERGY – Sen. Angara.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
2. Power outrage also seen in Visayas.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
3. The LUZON Power Crisis NEXTPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
4. Like Mindanao, Luzon will experience power shortage.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
5. Luzon Grid needs more Power Sources.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
6. Renewable Enengy, primary and immediate solution to nation’s power crisis..PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
7. Mindoro Renewable Energy, One of the Reliable Sources. o Based on DOE, about 203 MW to be installed in Mindoro Island by Year 2016. o Mindoro Island excess power capacity can be exported to Main Luzon Grid. o Mindoro Island has still other sources of Renewable Energy like: a. 35 Waterfalls, c b. other sources to be explored c i.e.: coal and biomass. c LEGEND: SITES OF RENEWABLE ENERGYSOURCES PROPOSED SUBMARINE CABLEPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Mindoro’s Renewable Energy Resources in Support to Pres. Aquino’s Power Development ProgramPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Mindoro’s Renewable Energy Resources in Support to Pres. Aquino’s Power Development ProgramPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
The 48 MW WIND ENERGY PROJECT PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINESPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Project Background 1. A long 7 Years Process Dec., 2010. Meeting with House of Representative, Department of Energy, National Power Corporation, Contractor and Italian Ambassador Luca Fernari.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Project Background 2. Finally Approved under Sec. Jose Rene D. Almendras Signing of Service Contract for 16MW Wind Power ProjectBy Energy Sec. Jose Rene D. Almendras, Cong Rodolfo G. Valencia , Gov. Alfonso V. Umali, and CMC Asia Chairman Andy de Rossi with Congress Chief of Staff Nico Valencia and Nicky Villaseñor, PHESI PresidentPUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Latest Development Signing of MOA between PHESI, CMC-ASIA and GAMESA EOLICA S.L. UNIPERSONAL, witnessed by Vice President JEJOMAR BINAY, Cong. RGV, Gov. Umali, Cong. Umali and other LGUs.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Latest Development Signing of ESA with Oriental Mindoro Electric Cooperative.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Latest Development Official Signing and Awarding Ceremony, Shangri-la Hotel, Makati.PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
Philippine Hybrid Energy Systems, Inc. Unit 2406, 24/F The Orient Square Bldg., Emerald Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City Tel: +63 2 638 2801, +63 2 638 8901 to 02 Fax: +63 2 638 8899
JETTY •A Jetty has been designed (armor rock plus a concrete) toSPECIFICATION Dimension: 35 meters width (W); 45 meters length (L)
• The Access Road has been designed to achieve and compromise the high slopes of the terrain from the Jetty to the wind farm site. SPECIFICATION Length: 4.45 km (approximate) Width: 5 meters; maximum of 10 meters on curves• Typical Section: 0.35 meter thick of aggregate (compacted); if slope is over 10%, 50 mm thick of asphalt runway will be considered.
• The Internal Roads have been designed achieving a compromise between the high slopes of the terrain and the amount of soil to be removed. All the roads from the position of WTG # 1 to WTG # 8 are considered internal roads. SPECIFICATIONLength: 7 segments @ 200 meters per segment (approximate)Width: 10 meters (6 meters plus 2 meters sidetrack, both sides)Typical Section: 0.35 meter thick of aggregate (compacted); if slope is over 10%, 50 mm thick of asphalt runway will be considered.
• Wind turbine of the Gamesa G8X-2.0MW platform are of the three-bladed wind-facing rotor type with a nominal power of 2.0 MW.• It consists of three major parts: TOWER, NACELLE, and BLADES.• Wind Turbines have an instrument on top of the nacelle, an anemometer and wind vane, which respectively measure wind speed and direction.• When the wind changes direction the motors turn the nacelle and the blades, directly facing the wind.
Properties of the ModelROTORDiameter 80 mSwept area 5,027 m²Rotational speed 9.0 - 19.0 rpmBLADESNumber of blades 3Length 39 mAirfoils NACA 63. XXX - FFA-W3Material Pre-impregnated epoxy glass fiberTOWERType ModularHeight 60, 67, 78 and 100mGEAR BOX 1 planetary stageType 2 parallel stages 1:100,5 (50Hz)Ratio 1:120,5 (60Hz)
GENERATOR 2.0 MWType Doubly-fed machineRated power 2.0 MWVoltage 690 V ACFrequency 50 Hz / 60HzPotection class IP 54Power factor 0.95 CAP - 0.95 IND throughout the power range
TOWERS • The wind turbine tower is made of tubular steel, in a truncated conical shape, divided into four sections.• Includes platforms, ladders, and emergency lighting.• Includes a cable guided elevator for easy maintenance of the wind turbine.
TOWER FOUNDATION Specifications: • The tower foundation will be a squared size 15.84m x 15.84m x 1.46m concrete pad.• Foundation ring (diameter = 4.037) is embedded from the surface of pedestal ; whereas the pedestal (with dimensions of 8.449 m in diameter & 2.15m in thickness) is connected to the pad through vertical armors.
NACELLE• The nacelle is a cover housing that holds all the generating component in a wind turbine, including the generator, gearbox, drive train and brake assembly.• The dimension of the nacelle is approximately 10.6m x 3.4m x 3.6m. Its weight is approximately 70 tons.• Contains 800kg service crane with lifting capacity up to 8000kg
BLADES • The blades in wind turbines of the Gamesa G8x-2.0MW platform are manufactured in an organic matrix composite and reinforced with fiber glass or carbon fiber, which provide the necessary rigidity without increasing the weight of the blades.• The length of the blade is 39 meters• The blades come with the necessary drains to prevent water being retained inside, which can cause imbalance or structural damage due to water vaporization upon lightning striking them.
Transporting of Blades Installation of three-blades
SUBSTATION • A 20MVA 22.8/69 kV substation will be built in order to increase the voltage to transmission levels.• Medium Voltage facilities will have two vacuum circuit breakers for two feeders, and one circuit breaker for spare. A Fused Load Breaker Switch (FLBS) will protect the auxiliary facilities of the substation. • A 69/22.8 kV, 20 MVA power transformer will be installed. The neutral in the high voltage side will be solidly connected to earth.
• High voltage output will be connected to the transmission line through a SF6 circuit breaker and a disconnector switch.• DNP3 will be the substation communication bus• Three Winding Phase Shihlin electric generator step-up transformer
24 kV Equipment • Installed inside the control building of the substation • Single Busbar Composition of Busbar: Switchgear Cabinet for power transformer protection Switchgear Cabinets to connect the wind turbines circuits Switchgear Cabinets for auxiliary services transformer protection Spare Switchgear cabinet for possible future expansions Ground reactor bay Voltage Measurement Lightning arresters
Transmission Line • Single circuit, 4.5 m length, 69 kV line will join the substation and the connection point.• 200mm2 Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced cable will be used.• 17 poles will be used to hold up the cables. Install a pole close to the substation for the line termination. Another pole near the metering facilities will be installed to perform the same function.
Metering Interconnection Station• Equipped with metering equipment to measure the flow of electricity in both directions at the same rate• Has a SF6 circuit breaker and a disconnector switch.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS o H.E. BENIGNO S. AQUINO, III o SEC. JOSE RENE D. ALMENDRAS, DOE o CONGRESS OF THE PHILIPPINES o PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF OR. MINDORO o SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN o PUERTO GALERA LOCAL GOVERNMENT o OR. MINDORO ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE o NATIONAL POWER CORPORATION o NATIONAL ELECTRIFICATION AUTHORITY o ITALIAN EMBASSY o CMC-ASIA, INC. o ORMINVEST FOUNDATION, INC. o K4 ORIENTAL MINDORO COUNCIL, INC. . . . and the MINDOREÑOS!PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES PHASE 1 – 16 MW
PARA SA MAUNLAD NA MINDORO! HON. RODOLFO G. VALENCIA NICO P. VALENCIA Congressman, President First District, Oriental Mindoro K4 Oriental Mindoro council, Inc.