“Research that is characterized by an
emphasis on open-ended questions and the
collection of narrative data on many
variables over an extended period of time.
This approach is often utilized in theory
building.” p. 117
• Samuel T. Gladding. (2006). The Counseling
ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ:
Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall.
ed is 2011.
Fair Use• In good faith, this work contains fair use of copyrighted
and non-copyrighted images from the public domain & the
web for non-commercial & nonprofit educational purposes.
• This work is distributed free of charge.
• The author has neither monetized this work nor sought any
profit from its distribution.
• Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright
Act 1976: Allowance is made for fair use for purposes such
as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching,
scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by
copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-
profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor
of fair use.
• This work contains original work of commentary and
• Quotations are attributed to the original authors and