• Create awareness on the range and types of
tourism planning approaches .
• Continuous and flexible approach
• Systems approach
• Comprehensive approach
• Integrated approach
• Environmental and sustainable development
• Community approach
• Implementable approach
Continuous and Flexible Approach
• Planning should be done with continuous
monitoring and feedback on previous
development and evaluation of new trends.
• Tourism is viewed as an interrelated system
and should be planned as such, utilizing
systems analysis techniques.
• All aspects of tourism development including
its institutional elements and environmental
and socio-economic implications are analyzed
and planned comprehensively.
• Tourism is planned and developed as an
integrated system within itself and also is
integrated into the overall plan and total
development patterns of the area.
Environmental and Sustainable
• Tourism is planned, managed and developed
in such a manner that its natural and cultural
resources are not depleted or degraded, but
maintained as viable resources on a
permanent basis for continuous future use.
• There is a maximum involvement of the local
community in the planning and decision-
making process of tourism and there is
maximum community participation in the
actual development and management of
tourism and its socio-economic benefits.
• Tourism development policy, plan, and
recommendations are formulated to be
realistic and implementable, and the
techniques of the implementation are
considered throughout the policy and plan
formulation with the implementation
techniques, specifically identified.