• The Holy Spirit the third person of the mould of operation for the purpose of redemption. He is co- equal with the father and the son.HE IS GOD (Acts 5: 3-5)
•The Holy Spirit is God the creator .(Job:33:4)
• The first time God was singularly introduce in scripture, HE was introduce as the “SPIRIT OF GOD” “the Spirit of yaweh” but prior to that He was “el- ohim”.(Gen.:1:2)
The Holy spirit is a person• He is not a force, mist, air/wind, dew or an influence. He is not an impersonal influence, or energy. HE IS A PERSON. A human person is a being with intellect, will and emotions living in humus [or dust].
• The Holy Spirit does not have a dust or physically touchable or tangible body but that does not deny His personality. You will live far below the purpose for which He was sent to you if you regard Him as something else other than a Divine person. And, many Christians have robbed themselves of the blessings due them because of the way they regards the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is Introduced as a Person• Jesus Christ before His death and final departure from this earth began to introduce the Holy Spirit to the disciples to be the one to come take His place when He leaves. And in all His conversations with the disciples He spoke about the Holy Spirit as a person though invisible to the optical eye.
• If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [John 14: 15-17]
• But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. [John 14: 26]
• Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
• I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you [John 16: 7-14]
• But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning. [John 15: 26-27]
• The Lord Jesus Christ in introducing the Holy Spirit to the disciples’ referred to Him using personal pronouns – “He”, “Him”, and “Himself”.• The Holy Spirit is not an “it.” but He is “Him.”
The Holy Spirit Have Qualities Which Defines a Person• Mind• “And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God”[Romans 8: 27. Read also 1 Corinthians 2: 10-13 K.J. Version]• Will• But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.”• [1 Corinthians 12: 11 K. J. Version]•
• Emotions• Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. [Romans 8: 26-27 ]•• Love• I urge you, brothers by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the LOVE of• the Spirit to join me in my struggle by praying for you [Roman 15:30 New International Version]
• Grieve• And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God with whom you were• sealed for the day of redemption [Ephesians4:30 New International Version]
The Holy Spirit Does Things that Only a Person Can Do.• The Holy Spirit Works• But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. [1 Corinthians 12: 11]•
The Holy Spirit Speaks• As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. [Acts 13: 2]
• Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [1 Timothy 4: 1 ]•
The Holy Spirit Teaches• But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. [John 14: 26]•
The Holy Spirit Leads• For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God• [Romans 8: 14. Read also Matthew 4: 1]•
The spirit Instructs• You gave your good spirit to INSTRUCT them .... [Nehemiah 9:20 New International Version]
FURTHER READINGS• 1 Corinthians 2: 10, John 15: 26, John 16: 13, Genesis 6: 3 Romans 8: 26• When you embrace the Holy Spirit as a person, you life is going to change dramatically. You will begin to walk in.
WHAT DOES THE HOLY SPIRIT DO IN THE LIFE OF THE BELIVER?• To help you work your salvation acceptably• “So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure.” [Philippians 2: 12-13]
To have a personal, private and secret conversation with you• “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.” [2 Corinthians 13: 14]•
To lead you to experience your “sonship” rights• “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For ye received not the spirit of bondage again unto fear; but ye received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” [Roman 8: 14-15]
To reveal things to you that you cannot in any other way [scientific] know.• “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, these shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come.” [John 16: 13]
• “But as it is written, Things which eye saw not, and ear heard not, And which entered not into the heart of man, Whatsoever things God prepared for them that love him. But unto us God revealed them through the Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. but as it is written, Things which eye saw not, and ear heard not, And which entered not into the heart of man, Whatsoever things God prepared for them that love him.” [1 Corinthians 2: 9-19]
To understand what God has freely given you.• “But as it is written, Things which eye saw not, and ear heard not, And which entered not into the heart of man, Whatsoever things God prepared for them that love him. But unto us God revealed them through the Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For who among men knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of the man, which is in him? even so the things of God none knoweth, save the Spirit of God. But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we might know the things that were freely given to us of God.” [1 Corinthians 2: 9-12]
• “He shall glorify me: for he shall take of mine, and shall declare it unto you. All things whatsoever the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he taketh of mine, and shall declare it unto you.” [John 16: 14-15]
To strengthen you with might in your inner man.• “For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, that ye may be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inward man;” [Ephesians 3: 14-16]
• “I can do all things in him that strengthened me.” [Philippians 4: 13]•
To transform you into Christ- likeness• “But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord the Spirit.” [2 Corinthians 3; 18]
To give you inner freedom. Until you are free within, you cannot be free outside.• “Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”• [2 Corinthians 3: 17]••
PRAYER LUKE:11:13• IF YOU SINFUL PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO GIVE GOOD GIFTS TO YOUR CHILDREN, HOW MUCH MORE WILL YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER GIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT TO THOSE WHO ASK HIM.?