Key Benefits for Individual Operators
restaurantdiary helps restaurants of all sizes to improve their revenues and is cost effective enough to ensure that even if you run a small
independent operation you can still reap substantial rewards for a minimal investment.
Run your restaurant to maximum efficiency.
In a small operation its crucial to get the most from every cover: restaurantdiary was developed by an independent restaurateur who
understood the frustrations of having to oversee and control the booking process to make sure the restaurant would run close to
Allows self-service booking by customers online.
Minimise time spent during busy periods taking bookings, avoid customers going to answer machines, take bookings automatically when
the restaurant is closed AND send automatic booking confirmations by email or SMS.
Controls information flow for owners and managers.
You can track your bookings from any location with an Internet connection, access key information like spend per head and booking
history as well as using data to analyse peak periods, kitchen flow and staffing levels.
Revolutionise your customer service.
restaurantdiary increases spend per head, customer loyalty and repeat visits. You can record customer history and customer details
automatically during everyday use and send marketing messages by email or SMS in seconds.
You can get access to our complete range of features and 24/7 customer support for a single monthly fee, regardless of the number of users.
• restaurantdiary was designed by restaurateurs for restaurateurs
• restaurantdiary is a web based replacement of the paper diary.
• It allows restaurants to;
receive instant online bookings from various sources
Take advantage of advanced table management to efficiently run your restaurant
Allow multiple simultaneous users access from any internet ready computer
Build a profile of each customer with your own unique database
Market to your customers using the in built Customer Relationship Manager; and
Produce reports to help with the decision making using the advanced reporting capabilities
Live Online Reservations
• Live online bookings can be received from customers with instant confirmation using either
Your restaurants website; or
3rd party websites (such as a restaurant directory)
• Live online bookings allows for accurate collection of customer details for marketing
• No more missed bookings. Effectively switch sell another time or restaurant within the group
• Allows staff to focus on other aspects of the restaurant, no need to reply to booking emails
• restaurantdiary is designed to take your restaurant managers’ booking practices and systemise
them into a set of rules that assists all staff to efficiently manage the daily operations of the
• restaurantdiary will automatically select the most appropriate table based upon a complex set
of rules that is customised to each restaurant, these rules are setup to include;
Available table joins
Expected stay of customers
Yield management; and
Customised rules (e.g. No 2’s at 4’s, no groups over 16 between 7pm - 8pm).
Multiple Simultaneous Users
• restaurantdiary allows multiple users to login from anywhere in the world without installing any
software. This gives restaurants the ability to;
Allow owners / managers to produce reports anywhere anytime
See an overview of customer activity for each service, even when absent.
• A powerful tool for Hoteliers or Groups as it allows for bookings to be placed at numerous
locations throughout the hotel including;
Central reservation area
Concierge desk; and
In the restaurant itself
Build your own customer database
• Customer details can be collected from reservations or walk-ins to assist your
restaurant in building a unique customer database. This then allows you to
effectively market to either;
Customers who have already been to your restaurant; or
Potential customers where details can easily be imported to restaurantdiary.
• This information is stored in the restaurants own unique centralised database, which is
securely backed up
Build your own customer database (Continued)
• restaurantdiary assists staff to build up a profile on each customer by writing
notes, highlighting various interest, collecting spend information and booking
history. This information can then be used to;
Reward customers through a loyalty program; and
Provide first class personalised service to the customers.
• The in-built customer relationship manager (CRM) can be used to market your
restaurant to your customers via e-mail or SMS
E-mails and SMS are completely customised to your restaurant as desired
Booking confirmations can be automatically sent to the customer that includes details
of the booking, upcoming events or special promotions
Automatically send an email the day after the customer has visited your restaurant to
thank them and/or ask them for feedback
build dynamic or static list based on booking history, interests and other details to
deliver a more targeted and personalised message
Reporting on various aspects of your restaurant is a
50 3rd. Party Websites
crucial tool that assists owners and management
45 better plan for the future.
Example - The graph to the left demonstrates a report
that shows the booking source of an existing restaurant.
30 This report is useful in evaluating how effective a 3rd party
Website may be to your restaurant.
Other reports include;
Monthly & group availability of covers
No Shows report; and
03 Dec 08 Dec 13 Dec 18 Dec 23 Dec 28 Dec 02 Jan
Data graphed in Microsoft Excel
Concierge and PA Program
Restaurantdiary has a powerful in-built concierge/PA program
Restaurants can invite people such concierges or PAs into the program
Concierges are then able to recommend your restaurant to hotel guest and
directly book on behalf of the customer
Each booking can be accurately tracked to determine who is brining in the
They can be individually reward based on the number and quality of customer
they bring to your restaurant