25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH
B LACK CAT B I S T RO
WHAT IS BLACK CAT BISTRO
“The Black Cat Bistro is a contemporary contribution to
East Lansing that will provide a sense of elegance, but in a
fun, relaxing environment. (Their) objective is to provide
the perfect atmosphere with a high-end menu at an
affordable price. Seating up to 100 guests, (they) provide
a fun evening out for any occasion. You will be impressed
not only by (their) food and drinks, but by (their) fast
service and friendly staff. “
• Located relatively close to campus at 115 Albert Ave.,
East Lansing, MI which is really close to campus.
• 25 Days of Christmas with Black Cat Bistro will be an online
campaign that will begin on December 1st, 2014 and end the
day of Christmas, December 25th, 2014.
• This campaign will use specials and social media to bring
awareness to Michigan State students and local residence in
Okemos and Lansing.
• The extent of the campaign will require participation that will
prompt people to follow the social networks that my digital
strategy will make for my client.
• Each day will need participation with contests, games and
other things that will require our followers to be engaged and
• College students and recently graduates are the
primary target audience for our campaign.
• Secondary target audience are residents of the
surrounding areas; Okemos, East Lansing, Lansing.
TOOLS & TACTICS
• Mass Following: Use social medias; Facebook and Twitter.
• follow the mass of people on newly made accounts that will represent
the official social media pages of Black Cat Bistro.
• Will converse with students through out following to get following back
and also through out campaign.
• Social Media Monitoring: TweetAdder, TweetDeck and Klout
• Use these social media monitoring applications and websites to
measure the effectiveness.
• Tweetadder has many features; mostly known for automated tweet settings.
• TweetDeck can view many screens at once, making it simpler to keep track
• Klout shows good posts that you can put to continue your projected subject
and measures your influence on your social media pages.
• Hashtag: #BlackCatEL
TOOLS & TACTICS (CONT.)
• Blogging and Search Engine Optimization
• Although this campaign will mostly rely on the social media
usage of Facebook and Twitter it will also have a blog that
will reflect all of the positive feedback from customers and
also show the effects and participation of the particular
special of that day. The pictures and small interviews will be
• The posts will have the search engine title tag of the
hashtag #BlackCatEL and the other tags will include
#25DaysofXmas #25Days #BlackCatChristmas
TOOLS & TACTICS (CONT.)
The 25 Days Example
• 1 – 1 Free Drink (Alcoholic/Non)
• 2 – 2 More Hours of Happy Hour
• 3 – 30 Free #BlackCatEL Shirt Giveaway
• 4 – 4 hours of Open Mic (Poetry)
• 5 – 25% off Starters
• 6 – Groups of 6 or more get 15% off
• 7 – Lucky 7th Person Every Hour Gets Free Meal
• 8 – Share What You Eat (8) w/ Hashtag
• 9 – Study Break Night
• 10 – Study Break Night
• 11 – Karaoke Night
• 12 – Graduates Get Half Off
• 13 – Graduates Get Half Off
• 14 – Graduates Get Half Off
• 15 – Christmas Song Joy
• 16 – Q/A and Win Online
• 17 – Suggest A Plate – Best New Item
• 18 – 1 Free Drink (Between 9-10)
• 19 – Online Quiz possible prize
• 20 – Free Shout Out 1st 100
• 21- Take a pic with chef (50 people)
• 22 – Show Us What You Want
• 23 – Show Us What You Want
• 24 – Show Us What You Want
• 25 – Merry Christmas Show Us What
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Inbound Marketing
• A list serve will be at each of the events urging the
participants to sign their name and email for a chance to
win prizes; free food, free drinks (if of age) and other things.
This list serve will provide our inbound marketing, cause
weekly emails can be sent out to all of the customers.
• Google AdWords
• This will be simple and only touch the areas that the target
audience are shown. This will have about 25 keywords, and
will run throughout the months prior to the campaign in
hopes to generate audience that will participate due to
enjoyable previous experiences at the restaurant.
• The budget will remain low because it will be done by
the efforts of the restaurant.
• The Google AdWord will only run the month prior to the
actual campaign resulting in it estimating around
• The contests and other things will have a cost, but those
would depend on the likings of the owner. I approximate
them totaling in about $500-$1000 in total expenses.
• Total Maximum Projected Budget $1250.00.
• This campaign is hugely impacted by participation.
With the campus being heavily into social media
and showing it is willing to participate with
companies they favor the campaign will raise
awareness and brand image along with long term
profit. It also is something that has not happened
close to campus, which will receive an instant