Základná škola Viliama Záborského
Erasmus+ - Socialize, observe, learn
• Hello. We are pupils from Slovakia and we created this presentation of our
Slovak artists for you.
• In Slovakia we have a lot of famous painters and to talk about them would
be for a long time.
• Therefore we are going to introduce you only the most great and famous
artists whose masterpieces are interesting also for us.
• Here you will be able to see also our own artworks which we created
inspired by masterpieces of Slovakian painters.
• Martin Benka is the founder of Modernist
in 20th century of Slovak Painting.
• As the first from painters he got the title - National artist.
• His heroes were people living in communication with nature.
Nobody before him didn´t fulfill this concept so richly and greatly.
• He is buried in the National Cemetery in Martin.
• In his works Benka was inspired by the life of simple people.
Benka often traveled around the countryside, documenting the life and nature in his
works, many of which he did outdoors .
• He was a famous Slovak writer
• He was - together with Benka and Fulla one of personalities in the
beginning of Modern Slovak Art.
• Pastel was his most characteristic artistic technique.
• His extensive work is created from 1, 300 oils , pastels , tempera and
art inspired of legends , landscape and its beauty.
• Alexy liked painting of city districts and our beautiful town
• Fulla's work was very important for
the establishment of Slovakian Modernism.
• He always found inspiration in nature, architecture and the life of people in
village and their wonderful and colorful folk costumes.
• Bright colours are typical for his masterpieces.
• Fulla was recognized for generations for his bright red, orange and yellow.
• Cubism of Pablo Picasso influanced his work.
• Children´s artworks are his best works which were admired by other
• He was great illustrator of folk fairytales.
• He was a famous Slovak painter and sculptor in the twentieth century.
• He is the most important Slovak painter of art generation painters of
Second World War, young avant-garde.
• He illustrated about a hundred works of world and national literature.
• He was a founder of Slovak modern graphics.
The position of man in the world was dominated in his
His work was influenced by Spanish painter Pablo Picasso.