Successfully reported this slideshow.
Place where we live
Made by Základná škola Viliama Záborského
For project Erasmus+ „Socialize, observe, learn“
• Our city Vráble is located in the
region Nitra in the place called
Požitavie by the river Žitava.
• In view of the bigger area we are on
the North of lowland called
• From the Northern side our region is
surrounded with hills : Považský
Inovec , Tríbeč and Štiavnické
• Vráble is located in the beautiful
vineyard area .
• To taste vines from various
places is possible in National
archive of vines in our town.
2 manor-houses in Vráble
• In Vráble you can find 2 manor
houses, which were owned by
two families. One of them is now
used as the priest´s house, the
other is the seat of secondary
Blessed Virgin Mary church
• The church was built in 19th
century in romanic style. The
building has a footprint of the
• In front of the church you can
see the Sculpture of Calvary.
Mill called Mašekov mlyn
It is certainly worth to visit
Požitavské museum of mills –
Mašekov mlyn , about
2 kilometres to the North from
Vráble in the local part called
Horný Ohaj .
• From historical attraction we
can mention Fidvár – fortress
protected this region against
the enemy in the past located
next to our town. There are a
lot of valuable excavations .
• Arboretum Tesárske Mlyňany is
located about 5 kilometres from
our town. It is beautiful botanical
garden , which offers look at the
trees and plants from different
countries of the world.
• From historic monuments , which
we can visit near Vráble , the
town Topolčianky is worth .
• You can visit here renaissance
manor-house surrounded with
• You can visit also National Stud
in Topoľčianky, where the horses
of different breeds are breeded
and horse races are organized
• In Topoľčianky there is also
unique European Bison Reserve.
The Castle near Vráble
• Near our town you can also
find the castle ruins called
Gýmeš situated in the
middle of forest belonging to
the mountain Tribeč .
Thermal springs and spa
• From Vráble you can easy get to
the well-known spa towns
famous for mineral and
medicinal waters .
• For example : Podhajská ,
Santovka , Dudince and Štúrovo
• Nitra is the city about twenty
kilometers from Vráble situated at
the foot of Zobor Mountain in the
valley of the river Nitra.
• You can find here historic
monuments and also modern
schools and Universities , shop
centres, cinemas and theatres.
The castle in Nitra
• Nitra is one of the greatest and
oldest cities in Slovakia.
• The castle Nitra is significant
from historical period called
Great Moravia .
• There was the Principality of
Nitra. The princes Svätopluk ,
Rastislav and Pribina ruled here .
St. Emmeram´s cathedral
St. Emmeram's Cathedral is the
part of the castle. It was
originally built in the Gothic style.
• Levice is the town situated in
the South- East of Vráble.
• Levice lies on the left bank of
the lower Hron river.
• It isn´t a very big town but it
was important in history of our
Town Hall in Levice
The castle in Levice
• Levice castle was built in gothic
style in the 13th century.
• It was a very essential point for
protection of all mining towns in
central Slovakia against the
• The fortified Benedictine monastery,
one of the oldest and most important
architectural monuments of Slovakia,
stands on the rocks above the village
Hronský Beňadik which is 30
kilometres to the west of our town
• The oldest part of the monastic
complex is the Gothic basilica of St
Egidius rebuilt in 14th century.
The sculpture of calvary
in front of the church in Vráble
The brochure was made by pupils of
Erasmus+ club from Primary school of Viliam Záborský