If online travel and classifieds were the star performers of the last decade, e-retailing seems to be hogging the limelight this time around. India is rapidly emerging as a rewarding market for many e-retailing companies; who are currently present in the market with any one of the three forms (Non-warehouse, Warehouse and Hybrid) models. The broadband and mobile penetration, 3G rollout, cash on delivery, internet banking has led to rise in online transactions by 18.2% for the year 2011 compared to 2010. Indian e-retail market is also expected to be more than INR 10,000 Crore by 2015.
In our analysis we found that Computer peripherals, Camera & Mobile and Life Style segments are expected hold 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions respectively for 2011. Together they account for more than 70% of total market share in 2011. But by the end of 2015 Camera and Mobile is expected to take the top slot pushing computer peripheral to third position. In companies analysis segment Flipkart is the undisputed leader for the year 2011. Flipkart generated 4 times more revenue than its nearest competitor Yebhi in 2011. However according to our research findings scenario is likely to change in 2012 as Myntra is expected to take the second position leaving Yebhi to third position. For the year 2014 Flipkart and Myntra together is expected to hold more than 50% market share.
In any retail business, some products are returned from the point of consumption. Therefore, the challenge is to set up infrastructure and procedures for reverse logistics. The e-tailors need to have an understandable product return policy on the Web. This report provides a clear picture about the e-retailing scenario in India and its various issues like: Types of business model in Indian e-retail, key companies funding and revenue forecast, driving forces for e-retail, challenges in the e-retail.
Renub Research report entitled “India E-Retail (E-Tailing) Market, Companies Revenue Analysis & Forecast to 2015” provides a comprehensive assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth e-retail space. We recommend this report as must-read insight for e-retailing stakeholders.
The report covers the following points
• E-Retail business model in India
• India e-retail users transacting online growth forecast from (2010 to 2015)
• Studied growth forecasts and India e-retail market sizing from (2009 to 2015)
• Key players revenue analysis, forecast and funding trends of: Flipkart, Letsbuy, Myntra, HomeShop18, Yebhi, Snapdeal and Naptol from (2010 – 2014)
• Market analysis and forecast for segments: Camera & Mobile, Computer Peripherals, Electronic gadgets, Life style, Books amd Home & kitchen Appliances (2009 – 2015)
• Researched the drivers and challenges for the e-retail industry in India.
Sales & Marketing Div
Phone: +1-678-302-0700 (USA) +91-120-254-5750 (India)