9. Template – Quote “ Revolutionary solutions come from the meeting of many different minds. ” Jane R. Doe Vice President, Engineering XYZ Corporation
10. Template – Sample Photo Layout Everyone and Everything Participating on the Network
11. TEMPLATE – ENDING SLIDE WITHOUT PHOTO Presenter’s Name [email_address]
USER GUIDE 1 – Getting Started 2 – Working in StarOffice 8.0 3 – Inserting New or Existing Slides 4 – Working with Slide Designs/Masters 5 – Modifying and Applying Layouts 6 – Formatting Text 7 – Using Photography 8 – Using the Sun Color Palette 9 – Sun Logos 10 – Printing Notes Pages or Handouts 11 – Legal Classifications 12 – Shape Library
1. Getting Started <ul><li>The Sun presentation template incorporates the colors, style, fonts and images of the Sun brand visual identity system.
The template fonts are Arial and Arial Narrow . Sun fonts are not supported.
For more information on the Sun brand go to: https://brand.sun.com.
When you are ready to create your new presentation, use slides 2–13 from the template section of this file. Delete the Tutorial and reference slides 14–47. </li></ul>
2. Working in StarOffice 8.0 <ul><li>You can open PowerPoint files directly in StarOffice and also save them back to PowerPoint. StarOffice files are cross-platform compatible (JDS/Windows/Macintosh) and work with OpenOffice or NeoOffice on Macintosh.
You can add frequently used icons to your toolbars by selecting View>Toolbars>Customize.
Click the PDF icon (Standard Toolbar) to quickly produce an Acrobat version of a Screenshow Presentation. </li></ul>Slide View Outline View Notes View Handout View Slide Sorter Be sure and select the Task Pane from the View Menu if it is not already open on your desktop. Use it to navigate between Masters, Layouts, Custom Animations and Slide Transitions.
3. Inserting New or Existing Slides <ul><li>To add a new slide to your presentation, select Insert>Slide. You can also duplicate slides in the Slide Sorter using copy and paste.
To add a slide(s) from another presentation, copy and paste from one file to the other in the Slide Sorter. Tip: Both presentations must be opened in StarOffice 8.0 first. There is no backward compatibility with StarOffice 7.0.
To insert an entire presentation, select Insert>File. </li></ul>
4. Working with Slide Designs/Masters <ul><li>Slide Designs or Masters contain formatting information that determines how your presentation will look. Colors, fonts, bullets, etc. are all defined by the Slide Masters.
When slides from one presentation are copied into another, old slide Masters are carried over as well, resulting in incorrect formatting and larger file size. See the TIP box for applying the new Design/Master.
You can also apply Designs/Masters to multiple slides at one time in the Slide Sorter: Choose View>Task Pane, select the slides you wish to apply a Master to, then select a Master. </li></ul>Text Master Title Master Extra Master Extra Master
5. Modifying and Applying Layouts <ul><li>Slide Layouts automatically control type size, line spacing, positioning and other graphical elements.
After assigning the correct Master, it may be necessary to apply or reapply an auto layout to snap title and text back into format. </li></ul>Blank Slide Title, Text Slide Title Only Slide
6. Formatting Text <ul><li>If word wrap causes an awkward line break, or if you need to start a new line within a paragraph, select Shift+Enter to create a “soft line break.”
To add superscript text, highlight the text and choose Format>Character. Click on the Position tab, select Superscript, then remove the check mark by Automatic.
URL recognition can be turned on or off with Tools>AutoCorrect>Options. To enable background spell checking, select the “ABC” icon from the Standard Toolbar. </li></ul>
7. Using Photography <ul><li>Use photographs that convey the theme of the Sun photographic style.
The following slide offer ideas of appropriate photos.
The Sun Brand Visual Identity Guidelines for photo usage can be found at: https://brand.sun.com/. </li></ul>
The photography represented on this slide is a sampling of the images that are appropriate for a Sun Corporate audience . Find these images and others like them here * *https://photos.sun.com/page/1142
*https://photos.sun.com/page/1143 The photography represented on this slide is a sampling of the images that are appropriate for a Sun Enterprise audience . Find these images and others like them here *
8. Using the Sun Color Palette R: 151* G: 177 B: 1 R: 83 G: 130 B: 161 R: 231 G: 111 B: 0 Primary Brand Colors R: 255 G: 199 B: 38 R: 53 G: 85 B: 107 R: 127* G: 120 B: 0 Secondary Brand Colors R: 192 G: 102 B: 0 R: 198 G: 146 B: 0 R: 163 G: 184 B: 203 R: 197* G: 213 B: 169 Tertiary Brand Colors R: 237 G: 155 B: 9 R: 248 G: 213 B: 131 *These are the presentation-enhanced RGB values for green ONLY. The official brand RGB values can be found at https://brand.sun.com/
9. Sun Logos <ul><li>The following 7 pages have different size Sun Logos that can be copied and pasted into your presentations for easy use and positioning.
Since they were created in Photoshop and imported into StarOffice, it is not a good idea to grow them any larger or the logos will be distorted. However, growing them down a bit smaller should work fine. </li></ul>
Select Properties, confirm Orientation is set to Portrait. </li></ul>
11. Legal Classifications <ul><li>The “Sun Confidential: Internal Only” marking is used for information that can only be shared within the internal Sun community – Sun employees, badged contractors, part-time employees and interns.
The “Sun Confidential: Need to Know” marking is used when you need to specify to the audience who should have need-to-know access (if sharing with external third parties, a proper CDA is required).
The “Sun Confidential” marking without a need-to-know category is used when you have not identified a specific group for need-to-know access (if sharing with external third parties, a proper CDA is required).
The “Sun Confidential: Registered” marking is used only by Sun Legal to designate highly confidential information. </li></ul>
12. Shape Library <ul><li>The following 12 pages have different size shapes with rounded corners that can be copied and pasted into your presentations for easy use and positioning.
Since they were created in Photoshop and imported into StarOffice, it is not a good idea to grow them any larger or the corners will be distorted. However, growing them down a bit smaller should work fine. </li></ul>