Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Evidence led decision making in
SBEBA- Wisdom series
Dr. Remya Krishnan
• Musculoskeletal disorders represent a large and
growing clinical challenge to primary care
clinicians of Ayurveda though they hardly
recognise their failure.
• Almost all diseases are blindly considered as
Vatavyadhi and empirical treatments are
rendered in both IPDs and OPDs .
• A patient is treated for months for low back ache
or knee joint pain with no intended results .
• Even for physicians in practice for a number of
years, there is hardly any indepth perception
regarding knowledge of scientific decision
making in diagnosis and treatment.
• More than 99% of patients with
musculoskeletal disorders receive
contraindicated and inappropriate treatments
and succumb to their consequences
• There is no appropriate training given to
students and internees in Ayurveda medical
colleges regarding “How to choose medicine”
in a systematic scientific way .
• The cases of RA are treated as Vata sonita
which is unscientific .
• Irrespective of state and stage, all diseases are
treated identically which is very unscientific
PREVAIL IN PHYSICIAN MINDS
• Contraindicated medicines, treatments and
procedures are rendered aimlessly leading to
complications and new diseases .
• The basic most theorems starting from tridosha
siddhanta and all other theorems and tatwas of
medical decision making is taught and learnt
wrong and so Science Based Medicine is critical
need of the hour in Ayurveda today .
• The students require to learn afresh everything to
perceive and practice Science Based medicine
NO CLARIFICATION IN ANYTHING
• Currently what is being practised is Medicine
based empiricism .
• Th eprimary goal of this programme is to
make the students as well as doctors learn
basic and applied science afresh and develop
appraisal skills and on the target application in
• This is our fifth CME and workshop of SBEBA
SBEBA IS UNIQUE
• We find a high degree of improvement in
knowledge of science and science based
evidence based decision making in all our former
participants in translation of basic science in
their clinical practice .
• It is a matter of pleasure and pride that most of
them are successfully managing edven
complicated diseases by “Minimum Medicine
Scientific Diet Approach” of SBEBA and making on
the target results.
DO NOT MISS
The upcoming session is conducted on two
days, March26 and 27 at Thalassery, Kerala
The first day will focus upon the basics of
SBEBA , the pharmacodynamics and kinetics
of Ayurveda, SBEBA documentation of clinical
cases, and the very basic theorems of
Ayurveda – what is taught wrong in colleges
and what is RIGHT
“HOW TO CHOOSE” IS NEVER SAME AS
“WHAT TO CHOOSE ”
• The second day will focus upon some major
inflammatory and degenerative disorders of
muscles , joints, nerves and tendons which are
common in practice and the standardised
methodology of evidence led decision making
ina coordance to state and stage of these
• There will be discussion of case studies
• Multidisciplinary approach of treatment ,
physiotherapy etc are contradictory to the
scientific treatment of Ayurveda in
management of musculoskeletal disorders and
so mixing up them is dangerous .
• Unscientific diet and nutrition also hamper
the recovery process.
• CONTACT email@example.com
• The last date is February 20
• Registration status is fast in progress, so hurry
up if you really intend to join
• Recognise the difference between what you
do and what is intended to be done as per
• Welcome Ayurveda community !
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.