What to Expect!
Whether classic traditional, mid century modern
or the hallmark of modernism. There is a
new fresh ,crisp, clean and graphic inﬂuence
throughout the lines. At the same time, there
is a notable renaissance of ethnic looks and
inﬂuence-cleaned up, uncluttered and looser.!
Types Of Trends!
• Suzanis (embroidered panels) with simple
shapes and vibrant colors!
• Hound's-tooth as an accent!
• Embroidery's are being shown as an all over as
well as on accent pillows!
• Scale still focuses on larger motifs but with a
modern ﬂair. More dramatic designs with clean
• And Yes Animal prints are still being resurrected!
• Chinoiserie as a theme, with scenes and
geometrics deriving from the theme!
• Vintage is an inﬂuence, needlepoint looks and
• Fresh, bright and clean colors!
• The entire purple family especially plums, lavender and lilac.!
• Grey still prevails in the home-but with modiﬁcations that include
shimmery steel effects and platinum. Also grey can be seen in
stone cold, pinky grey, and charcoal. And of course gray and purple
go very well together.!
• Orange it’s ambitious, more of a copper, tiger Lilly color: uplifting!
• Clean greens!
• Lacquer Reds but not ﬂashy!
• Yellow: Dijon yellow, more soft !
• The color of the year Peacock with a lot of blue turquoise, teal.
Peacock can be seen as an accent color.!
• Breaking away from brown and gold!
• Gray with Lavender or lilac!
• White with Indigo!
• Black & White- both in print and in Jacquards!
• Black, white and gray!
• Burnt orange & yellow-prints!
• Blue and Orange!
• According to the Maison and Object Show in Paris!
• Orange-the new black or charcoal!
• Orange & purple!
• Orange & hot pink!
• Orange & brown!
White and Indigo Color Trend!
Trims-It’s in the details!
• Decorative elements are becoming more
subtle. The look of luxury is moving away from
fringe and tassels and toward thin pencil
cording, decorative tapes, and micro ﬂanges.!
• Velvet appliqués are being applied to raw silk
and linen ground cloths.!
• There’s a focus on details, reminiscent of a
gentlemen's jacket, with leather trim being
used in conjunction with drier fabrics.!
Shimmer and shine
• Michael Jackson
• Gold chains, silver, glitter, glamour,
shimmer, Harley Davidson
• Black studded fabric
• Diamonds on pillows/accents
This is a stylish printed fabric. The tree is
an icon for all that is green and eco-
friendly. And in plum, it is certainly on
• Gifts and decorative accessories www.giftanddec.com
• Ellen Gefen, trend forecaster, speaker and author of thehome.com
• Showtime, High Point North Carolina
• Elle magazine
• Home Textile Today
• Fashion to Fame: Interpreting the Trends for Maximum Sell-through
• Home accents today, www.homeaccentstoday.com