FREEDOM IN THE
- by Dr. -Ing Stanley Mungwe
- the story of Redhuan D. Oon (red1)
• Where do I want to go from here?
• Where can I find the right knowledge?
• Who can give me the right skills?
• How can I be at the top of my world?
• Does education guarantees the job I dream of?
WE ALL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT
GETTING JOBS AND CHASING DREAMS
*48% OF GRADUATES ARE UNDEREMPLOYED,
TAKING UP TO THREE YEARS TO GET A RIGHT JOB.
UP TO 80,000 HIGH SCHOOL LEAVERS CAN’T
CAMEROON ECONOMIC UPDATE
January 2012, Issue No. 3/ Page | 18
I HAD THE SAME QUESTIONS
TODAY, I MAY HAVE FOUND THE ANSWERS
My Website: http:/www.red1.org
Photo around 1999
with my children
• Born 1961, Singapore in a poor family
• No university degree and self taught
• Mastered many disciplines the hard way
• Traveled around the world three times
• Leader of a free global software project
• Started as a trainee
programmer in 1982
right after high school
• Social activist
• Internet Technologist
• Founder of some
• Dotcom crash in 2001, lost his Chief
Technology Officer job at a public company
• Moved to a farm, but
failed as a farmer.
• 2003, learned a new
• 2004, contributed free
• 2006, recognised as a
global leader and guru
• Got his dream to go
round the world
• Traveled to 25
• Latin America and
• Asia and Africa