1. Warfighters try to translate their military
experience into a foreign language.
2. Warfighters tend to overestimate or
underestimate their value in the marketplace.
3. Warfighters are uncomfortable with the
concept of networking.
4. Warfighters struggle with overcoming the
‘Trust Factor’. Navigating the Sea of Good Will
5. Conducting a job search is HARD!
• Careerists, 6 – 15 years of service, or 1 tour wonders.
Warfighters are not a monolithic group.
The Take Away
• Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard
• Commissioned, Warrant, Enlisted
• Technical/Specialists versus an 11B or 0311.
Honorable – exceeded performance & personal
standards throughout career.
Character of Service
And Why It’s SO Important
General – Failed to meet expectations AND has
received some form of non-judicial punishment.
Other Than Honorable – Found guilty by a Courts Martial of
misdemeanor level offences. Veterans benefits limited.
Bad Conduct/Dishonorable – Found guilty by a Courts
Martial of felony level offences, generally followed by
incarceration in a military prison. All veterans benefits