REAL ESTATE CUSTOMER’S BILL OF RIGHTS
As our (NAR India Professional Member) customer, who
adheres to the industry’s best practices; you have the right to:
1. A well-trained, competent, ethical and respectful professional to serve you.
2. Communications in the manner and frequency you desire.
3. Have your real estate professional’s obligations to you explained clearly and
4. Be informed to the level you desire about the entire process for buying or
selling your property, including your rights and responsibilities as a buyer or
seller as well as the rights and responsibilities of your real estate professional
and his / her firm.
5. Have your property marketed in the manner promised in the marketing
presentation, or which will provide the best opportunity for your property to
be exposed to the greatest number of potential buyers.
6. Be informed of and pre-approve any action that is required or any
developments in your transaction as soon as reasonably possible.
7. Expect your real estate professional to communicate any offer to purchase
that you make as a buyer, or that you accept, counter, or decline as a seller
to the other party or the other party’s real estate professional as soon as
8. Have your personal confidential information shared only with parties to the
transaction, who have a need to know such information and that any other
sharing of information is done only with your written approval. Further that
your real estate professional will take all reasonable efforts to insure that
your personal information will be stored in a secure environment.
9. Be told in advance of any and all fees, costs, commission, etc., that are
required as a part of your transaction.
10. Have your real estate professional actively work to solve any problems
that arise during the transaction.
11. Provide feedback relative to the performance of your real estate professional
in your transaction and to understand how to terminate a relationship with
a real estate professional based upon the regulations in effect.
12. Be provided copies of all documents pertaining to the transaction
immediately upon execution or demand