• Peter Pan Fan.com
• Celebrating 100 Years of Peter Pan
• The J. M. Barrie Society
• Finding Neverland
Awards in 2004
• Peter Pan
• Best Family Feature Film ~ Drama
• Jeremy Sumpter
• Best performance by a younger actor
• Saturn Award, Academy of Science, Fiction, Fantasy
and Horror Films, USA
• Jeremy Sumpter
• Best performance in a feature film ~ leading young
• Young Artist Award
• Young Artists Awards
• In stifling Edwardian London, Wendy Darling (Rachel
Hurd-Wood) mesmerizes her brothers every night
with bedtime tales of swordplay, swashbuckling and
the fearsome Captain Hook (Jason Issacs). But the
children become the heroes of an even greater story,
when Peter Pan (Jeremy Sumpter) flies into their
nursery one night and leads them over moonlit
rooftops through a galaxy of stars and to the lush
jungles of Never Land where an ongoing war with the
evil Pirate Captain Hook is taking place. Wendy and
her brothers join Peter and the Lost Boys in an
exhilarating life ~ free of grown-up rules ~ while also
facing the inevitable showdown with Hook and his
• Switch off your mobile
• Be considerate.
• THANK YOU.
Task on Memorable Quotes
• Discuss with your friends IN ENGLISH:
• Who said the following quote?
• To whom?
• What was the response to it?
• When and why was it said?
• “Well, I will not grow up. You cannot make me.”
• Wendy: Surely you must have felt love once for something …..
• Peter: Never. Even the sound of it offends me.
• Wendy tries to touch his face, and he jumps away.
• Peter: Why do you have to spoil everything? We have fun, don’t
we? I taught you to fly and to fight. What more could there
• Wendy: There is so much more.
• Peter: What? What else is there?
• Wendy: I don’t know. I guess it becomes clearer when you grow
• Peter: Well, I will not grow up. You cannot make me.
• “You just think happy thoughts. They
lift you into the air.”
• Hook: She told him stories. He taught
her to fly. How?
• Wendy: You just think happy
thoughts. They lift you into the air. 18
• “But he has made many sacrifices for his family, and put
away many dreams.”
• Mrs. Darling: There are many different kinds of bravery.
There’s the bravery of thinking of others before one’s self.
Now, your father has never brandished a sword nor … nor fired a
pistol, thank heavens. But he has made many sacrifices for
his family, and put away many dreams.
• Michael: Where did he put them?
• Mrs Darling: He put them in a drawer. And sometimes, late at
night, we take them out and admire them. But it gets harder 19
and harder to close the drawer … and he does. And that is why
he is brave.
• “You called that a favour?”
• Smee: Pan did you a favour, did he, Captain?
• Hook: A favour? He threw my hand to a
crocodile, the beast liked it so much, it’s
followed me ever since, licking its lips for the
rest of me ….. YOU CALL THAT A
• “It would be delightful to report that
they reached the nursery in time …..
but then, there would be no story.”
• Mr. and Mrs. Darling are rushing up the
stairs, right before Peter takes the
children to Neverland.
• Story Narrator: It would be
delightful to report that they reached
the nursery in time ….. but then,
there would be no story.”
Discuss with friends, then answer these
• (1) Why do you think Peter Pan’s home
is called “Neverland”?
• (2) What is the name of the Darling
family’s dog and what role does this dog
play in the movie?
• (3) Do any two characters in the movie
look like each other? What is the name
of the actor or actress? Are your
feelings the same towards the two
• (4) Did you spot any revealing mistakes
made in the movie?
• (5) Listen to my question carefully
before you raise your hand to answer.
• Thank you for coming to CUHK
and enjoying to learn English
through the movie.
• Hope you will find such
enjoyment in other movies too.