Java EE 8 Overview (Sept 2015). A lot of work is already done by the Expert Groups so lets have a brief look for what we can expect in the some areas.
- Servlet 4 will embrace the new HTTP/2 protocol.
- JSON-B will bring the same high level features of JAXB to the JSON data format.
- Server-Sent Events(SSE) is the WebSocket variant where you only send data from the server to the client.
- MVC will be the Action based MVC complement of the Component based MVC of JSF.
- Some major restructuring of CDI so that we can use it standardised in Java SE to mention one thing.
The Java EE security API will be covered in more detail. Security related things became old and dusty and needs to move away from proprietary configuration to be able to make the transition to the cloud. An introduction to JSR 375 is given, which promotes self-contained application portability across Java EE servers, and promotes the use of modern programming concepts such as Expression Language, and CDI. It will holistically attempt to simplify, standardize, and modernize the Security API across the platform in areas identified by the community.