Tunisian case study

710 views

Published on

Regional Workshop “NEEAP Development in the Arab region:
Monitoring and Evaluation Methodology”
Sana’a, December 11th, 2012

0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
710
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
3
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Tunisian case study

  1. 1. Case StudyTunisian Experience www.rcreee.org
  2. 2. EE policy• Started 1985• Had 3 main components: 1- Institutional Framework: National Agency for Energy Conservation 2- Legal Framework: Law no. 72 , 2004 then law no.7, 2009 3- Incentives: National fund for Energy Control 2009 www.rcreee.org
  3. 3. Tunisian Energy Profile 1000 toe90007500 Sources60004500 Shortage Balanced3000 Demand1500 0 1980 1984 1988 1992 1996 2000 2004 2008 www.rcreee.org
  4. 4. Primary Energy Consumption by Sector Industry Transport 36% 30% 7% I 10% 17% Agriculture residential Service www.rcreee.org
  5. 5. Energy Consumption by Industry Others Electromechanical %10 %4 Textile %4 Chemical %12 %61 %9 Food Glass, Constructions www.rcreee.org
  6. 6. Energy Intensity Development Toe / 1000 LC0,45 0,4160,40 0,391 0,3520,35 0,3230,30 0,2860,25 www.rcreee.org
  7. 7. Saving Potential 100 million toe in 2030100 90 RE 20% 80 70 60 50 EE 40 30 80% 20 10 0 2003 2010 2020 2030 www.rcreee.org
  8. 8. Saving Potential between 2008-2011 RE industry %18,8 % 21,8 Agriculture % 0,1 % 15,8 Transport %43,5 Buildings 2,5 million toe www.rcreee.org
  9. 9. EE Programs1- Triple program for energy conservation 2005-20072- Quadruple program for energy conservation 2008-20113- Presidential program 2009-20144- Tunisian Solar Plan 2010-2016 www.rcreee.org
  10. 10. Triple & Quadruple Programs Achievements M toe (12%) (9.6%)9 ,50 9, 3 (8%) 0.859 ,00 , (6.2%) 0.70 1.18 ,50 , (2%) 0.4958 ,00 8, 1 0.187 ,507 ,00 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 20090.7 mtoe at the end of 2007 = 8% of the total energy demand1.1 mtoe at the end of 2009 = 12% of the total energy demandTo be:20% of the total energy demand in 2011 www.rcreee.org
  11. 11. Achievements QuantifyingTotal Energy Savings 2005-2009: 3,325,000 toeSavings Value: 1400 M€Total investments costs: 194 M€National Fund Sharing: 30 M€Simple Payback Period: 8.3 m for NF: 1.2 m www.rcreee.org
  12. 12. Targets for Presidential Program1. Energy Intensity to be 0.275 toe/1000 LC (TD)2. 750.000 m2 SWHs installed capacity3. 5000 solar houses4. 70000 Building meets EE requirements5. 550 MW RE to be installed www.rcreee.org
  13. 13. EE program High Energy Consumers• 300 Industrial entities consumes 1.5 M toe about 70% of the total consumption of industrial sector• 325 service entities consumes 300,000 toe about 50% of the total consumption of service sector• 75 transport entities consumes 640,00 toe about 35% of the total consumption of industrial sector 700 entities 2.4 Mtoe %53 %47 Other entities in 3 sectors 2.1 Mtoe www.rcreee.org
  14. 14. Legal Enforcement MechanismsMandatory for Energy Audits for existed entities• Industrial entity consumes more than 800 toe/y• Building or transport entity consumes more than 500 toe/yMandatory for pre consulting for new entities• Industrial entity expected to consume more than 800 toe/y• Buildings that expected to consume more than 500 toe/y•Industrial entity expected to consume more than 7000 toe/y needs a license from the involved Minister www.rcreee.org
  15. 15. IncentivesEnergy Audits Grant• 70% with a max amount of 30,000 TDInvestment Grant• 20% of the investment cost according to the consumption: •Less than 4000 toe: 100,000 TD •4000 – 7000 toe: 200,000 TD •Up to 7000 toe: 250,000 TD • For converting to gas projects, a 20% of the investment cost will be granted with a maximum amount of 400,000TD www.rcreee.org
  16. 16. ESCOs Promotion• ESCOs have been considered in Law no. 72 , 2004 then law no.7, 2009 that ESCOs should be supported and their missions have been identified• ESCOs projects and studies are financially supported by the national fund for energy conservation• Quarantee the banking models with ESCOs from the government www.rcreee.org
  17. 17. ‫‪EE Measures‬‬ ‫‪BTBC‬‬ ‫الذّرجة األولى‬ ‫%06‬ ‫الذّرجة الثانية‬ ‫%56‬ ‫الذّرجة الثالثة‬ ‫%57‬ ‫الذّرجة الرّ ابعة‬ ‫%58‬ ‫الذّرجة الخامسة‬ ‫%001‬ ‫الذّرجة السّادسة‬ ‫%511‬ ‫الذّرجة السّابعة‬ ‫%531‬ ‫الذّرجة الثامنة‬ ‫%051‬ ‫‪www.rcreee.org‬‬
  18. 18. Why Tunisia Succeed..?measures Target Leg al Agency S&L Financial Obligations ESCOs Transport Aware Framework Incentives ALG x x x x x x EGY x x x x x x JOR x x x x x x LEB x x x x LIB MOR x x x x x x PAL x x x SYR x x x x x YEM x TUN x x x x x x x x x www.rcreee.org
  19. 19. Thanks for your Attention www.rcreee.orgRegional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy EfficiencyNasr City, Cairo, EgyptTel. +2 02 241 54 691Fax +2 02 241 54 661Eng. Ashraf Kraidyashraf.kraidy@rcreee.org www.rcreee.org

×