Welcome to the 8th Year of
• BookPALS provides an opportunity
for CCHS students to read aloud to
Boston students at the Condon
• 1 training (today)
• 3 visits
• 3 letters to your buddy
• ALL events are scheduled for Tusedays
• All Condon School visits depart CCHS at 2:30 – return at
• Tuesday, Sept. 23rd, CCHS Learning Commons, 2:30 - 3:30 -
TRAINING on how to mentor a child, read, and promote a
love for reading
• Tuesday, Oct. 21st - First visit to Condon School -
• October 28th - First letter due
• Tuesday, Dec. 16th - Second visit to Condon School
• December 23rd - Second letter due
• Tuesday, March 17th - Third visit to Condon School March
31st - Third letter due
Your Role as a Mentor
• These students look up to you!
• Conduct yourself in a mature and professional
• Respect differences.
• Promote reading!
• CCHS students earn 15 hours of community
service if they participate in all the trainings,
visits, and submit 3 letters.
• The Condon students love making friends with
CCHS students and it is hurtful and confusing
to them if their buddy does not come, or if
they don’t receive a letter.
• Permission slip for the bus
• FirstClass email conference
• BookPALS FB group
• Buddy assignments
Your BookPAL Leadership Team
• Kendall Ryan(firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Jack Gardner (email@example.com)
• Mrs. Cicchetti (firstname.lastname@example.org)